Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's 'ministry of truth'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden's 'ministry of truth'

Interesting timing

Critics slam timing of Critics slam timing of Biden's 'ministry of truth' to police internet for 'disinformation'

Conservatives referred to the move as 'Orwellian'

to police internet for 'disinformation'

Conservatives referred to the move as 'Orwellian'

Conservatives on social media slammed the Biden administration after it was announced that a "Disinformation Governance Board" is being established to combat "disinformation" in the 2022 midterms.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified Wednesday that a Disinformation Governance Board had recently been created, days after Tesla CEO Elon Musk purchased Twitter, to combat online disinformation and will be led by Undersecretary for Policy Rob Silvers and principal deputy general counsel Jennifer Gaskill.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cri...disinformation
    And Right on cue:

Elizabeth Warren calls for new 'rules' to govern 'unregulated' social media amid Musk's Twitter takeover

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., called for new "rules" to govern "unregulated" social media amid Tesla CEO Elon Musk's takeover of largely liberal Twitter.

During an appearance Wednesday on MSNBC's "The Beat With Ari Melber," Warren declared that "rules of the road" were needed for Big Tech, and that decisions about large communications platforms needed to be made "as a democracy," rather than someone like Musk, who she claimed "plays by his own set of rules."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elizab...itter-takeover
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Interesting timing

And Right on cue:
    Right on time for the mid-terms.

Though I'm not certain what they could do to uphold their establishment narratives that they haven't already been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Right on time for the mid-terms.

Though I'm not certain what they could do to uphold their establishment narratives that they haven't already been doing.
      It seems that Pocahontas wants to use the law, but anything that happens that is even remotely connected to Twitter will be blamed on Musk...

MSNBC analyst claims he was confronted by a 'Musk bro' at an airport

Frequent MSNBC guest Anand Giridharadas accused supporters of Tesla CEO Elon Musk of confronting him at an airport on Wednesday.

"Some Musk bro just confronted me at an airport, right outside security, but only once he had cleared it, in case you’re wondering whether this digital army he is unleashing is online-only," Giridharadas tweeted.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-...irport-twitter
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., called for new "rules" to govern "unregulated" social media amid Tesla CEO Elon Musk's takeover of largely liberal Twitter.

So she's calling for the government to openly violate the First Amendment. Nice.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It seems that Pocahontas wants to use the law, but anything that happens that is even remotely connected to Twitter will be blamed on Musk...
          I meant the bureaucratic Ministry of Truth they've created. They already own most of the MSM, the "fact checkers," and most of social media (twitter remains to be seen). What more can they do, unless they're planning to get outright totalitarian, but even in that sense I'm not sure what they could do. They don't control the entire internet... yet.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I meant the bureaucratic Ministry of Truth they've created. They already own most of the MSM, the "fact checkers," and most of social media (twitter remains to be seen). What more can they do, unless they're planning to get outright totalitarian, but even in that sense I'm not sure what they could do. They don't control the entire internet... yet.
            This whole Twitter thing has got them in a tailspin - who knows how far they would go...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

So she's calling for the government to openly violate the First Amendment. Nice.
              She's had a frenemy relationship with free speech for a while.

Comment

Interesting timing

And Right on cue:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

These prigs are evidently unamerican!

Comment

They had to create it, because they just lost their last one when Musk bought twitter.

Strange how just after Musk buys twitter who the right believes has been silencing conservative voices, the government decides to create a "disinformation governance board" huh?

Also remember when the white house was urging social media to do their dirty work for them with shutting down COVID misinformation?

Not only is government interference in free speech wrong, it is unconstitutional. This needs to be brought before the supreme court.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The same woman who authoritatively declared the Hunter laptop story "misinformation".
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I heard she was one of those who claimed the Hunter Biden laptop deal was "fake" and that the Trump Russian scandal was "true" - so she doesn't have a very good track record of sniffing out misinformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I heard she was one of those who claimed the Hunter Biden laptop deal was "fake" and that the Trump Russian scandal was "true" - so she doesn't have a very good track record of sniffing out misinformation.
                            No, she is exactly right for the job, for the ends they are seeking...

Comment

So this idiot is in charge?

https://twitter.com/wiczipedia/statu...53807879303171

Comment