Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Just Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    How many people here don't use Twitter, Facebook, or any of the other social media platforms? At times I feel like the only one, but I know there are more here.

The Elon Musk/Twitter story is huge headline news all across the news aggregates. I've read some of them but I feel disconnected from the importance because I don't use it. The same goes for Facebook. I use YouTube for music but I know that many people use it for politicking. I suppose it's like some hit TV show being cancelled and it headlining the entertainment section of a news service. Should Musk/Twitter news fall into that category? Entertainment?

Just musing aloud.
    I use Facebook to keep in touch with family, friends, and former co-workers and schoolmates. I don't use any other social media.

I don't generally initiate political discussions, but I do sometimes respond to friends' political comments (because I can't help myself).

Comment

So far, it appears only one person here has a Twitter account.

Comment

So far, it appears only one person here has a Twitter account.
        i have a twitter account that i do not use anymore. I had used it to keep in touch with some twitch streamers I used to watch.

Comment

How many people here don't use Twitter, Facebook, or any of the other social media platforms? At times I feel like the only one, but I know there are more here.

The Elon Musk/Twitter story is huge headline news all across the news aggregates. I've read some of them but I feel disconnected from the importance because I don't use it. The same goes for Facebook. I use YouTube for music but I know that many people use it for politicking. I suppose it's like some hit TV show being cancelled and it headlining the entertainment section of a news service. Should Musk/Twitter news fall into that category? Entertainment?

Just musing aloud.
          Depends on what you mean by "use." Are we talking looking at them, or actually posting stuff? Because there's some social media things I'll look at a bunch but do little posting on.

In regards to Facebook, basically the only reason I have one is because to access some stuff on Facebook you need to have one. There's a few (private) Facebook groups I'm a member of and occasionally will comment on posts. On Twitter there's a few people I check in on, but in terms of actual tweeting it looks like the last one I did was more than two months ago.

So in those cases, while I will look at stuff, I rarely do much discussion on them. In terms of where I actually discuss things, it's mostly message boards and Discord.

Comment