Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hollywood's Don't Say Gay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood's Don't Say Gay...

Hypocritical cowards!

Warner Bros. Removes ‘Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore’ Dialogue About Gay Relationship for China

The long-awaited reveal of Dumbledore and Grindelwald's romantic past is being censored, but the studio says "the spirit of the film remains intact."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...na-1235128751/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Hypocrites all the time. The dollar trumps all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Hypocrites all the time. The dollar trumps all.
      Yes, the dollar above principles!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Hypocritical cowards!
        Meanwhile, the inventor of said character gets browbeat and canceled and declared a transphobe and a TERF on social media for saying that only biological women are women.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Meanwhile, the inventor of said character gets browbeat and canceled and declared a transphobe and a TERF on social media for saying that only biological women are women.
          It seems to me that she caved to the browbeating that wanted her to have a homosexual main character in the first place. There was quite a delay between the first noises and her declaration of Dumbledore's orientation. The way events later transpired, she could have saved herself all the trouble and stood her ground.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

It seems to me that she caved to the browbeating that wanted her to have a homosexual main character in the first place. There was quite a delay between the first noises and her declaration of Dumbledore's orientation. The way events later transpired, she could have saved herself all the trouble and stood her ground.
            Well at least she still believes that women are women... I think...

Comment

Well at least she still believes that women are women... I think...
              That she do.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I'd rather they censor it in the US too. J/s
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, the dollar above principles!
                    That's true of pretty much every large corporation.

Comment

Hypocritical cowards!
                      A piece about this...

Source: With 'Don’t Say Gay,' Hollywood Hypocrisy on Full Display

“I think this is a business issue. Yes there’s politics involved but it’s also a business issue, in that we strongly believe that anti-LGBTQ legislation is anti-business, and we don’t think that one person’s life or one person’s identity or one person’s love is any less than or less worthy of another.”

So answered WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar on April 5 after being asked by CNBC’s Julia Boorstin if it is “the role of media companies to weigh in on cultural and political issues like” the Florida Parental Rights in Education Bill. Framed by LGBT advocates on the Left as “Don’t Say Gay” legislation, the bill prevents instruction on issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity among children ages 5-8 in Florida public schools, as well as sex education that does not comport with state standards of age-appropriate instruction. The law makes no mention of the word “gay,” nor does it prevent the word from being used by educators or students.

“So we feel very strongly about this [issue], and we feel that this is about business as much as it is about politics,” Kilar continued.

Such stunning bravery from the CEO was nowhere to be found when Warner Brothers literally erased dialogue that referenced a same-sex relationship from the movie “Fantastic Beasts 3: The Secrets of Dumbledore.” A scoop from Australian news site news.com.au revealed that to appease censors in China, the Chinese version of the movie deleted six seconds from the movie, “including two lines of dialogue that referenced a previous romantic relationship between two lead characters, Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald.”

The lines Warner Brothers agreed to slice? “Because I was in love with you” and “The summer Gellert and I fell in love."

The contortions Warner Brothers twisted themselves into in order to explain deleting gay-related content to appease China censors is worthy of Cirque du Soleil: “[A] six-second cut was requested and Warner Bros. accepted those changes to comply with local requirements but the spirit of the film remains intact,” the company stated.

“Fantastic Beasts” debuted on March 29 in the U.K. – one day after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed the parental rights bill, and a mere two days following the 2022 Academy Awards in which hosts Amy Schumer, Wanda Sykes, and Regina Hall sang a chorus of “gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay” to the braying cheers of the starry elites in attendance. So Kilar can’t claim ignorance, just classic Hollywood hypocrisy.

Of course, Kilar and WarnerMedia aren’t alone when it comes to Tinseltown double standards.

After the Florida State Legislature passed the bill, Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek issued a statement asserting the company’s “unwavering commitment to the LGBTQ+ community.” Weeks later Disney dialed up its opposition, declaring the parental rights bill “should never have passed and should never have been signed into law. Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that.”

Quite an odd insistence for a company that quietly deleted a same-sex kiss from select Middle Eastern releases of its Marvel Studios movie “Eternals” just last year.

Disney’s 20th Century Fox division struck a similar cowed tone when “Bohemian Rhapsody” debuted in China in 2019. The CCP release of the Freddie Mercury biopic was edited to remove any mention of the trailblazing gay rock star’s sexuality, the AIDS diagnosis that ultimately cut his life short, and – wait for it – the word “gay.”

Gay erasure is real, but it isn’t happening in state legislatures; it’s happening in Hollywood.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment