Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Don't Say Gay Bill Will Kill Kids...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Say Gay Bill Will Kill Kids...

So some here have a problem with the term grooming, yet the Secretary of Transportation, Buttigieg, on live TV agrees that the Florida Bill will kill kids:

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...will-kill-kids

So here is the bill which only applies to K-3rd grade, and in reality is a parents rights bill. So how will this kill kids?

HB 1557

Parental Rights in Education; Requires district school boards to adopt procedures that comport with certain provisions of law for notifying student's parent of specified information; requires such procedures to reinforce fundamental right of parents to make decisions regarding upbringing & control of their children; prohibits school district from adopting procedures or student support forms that prohibit school district personnel from notifying parent about specified information or that encourage student to withhold from parent such information; prohibits school district personnel from discouraging or prohibiting parental notification & involvement in critical decisions affecting student's mental, emotional, or physical well-being; prohibits classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels; requires school districts to notify parents of healthcare services; authorizes parent to bring action against school district to obtain declaratory judgment; provides for additional award of injunctive relief, damages, & reasonable attorney fees & court costs to certain parents.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

The claim is that it is leading to more homophobia and more bullying of LGBT people. High levels of hate leads to more killings of the persecuted group, and more bullying leads to more suicides.

Comment

We live in a day when being LGBTQ++++etc. is celebrated and applauded and those who disapprove are the ones being bullied.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"They will call good evil, and evil good".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          The claim is that it is leading to more homophobia and more bullying of LGBT people. High levels of hate leads to more killings of the persecuted group, and more bullying leads to more suicides.
          How exactly does that bill lead to more homophobia?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            We live in a day when being LGBTQ++++etc. is celebrated and applauded and those who disapprove are the ones being bullied.
            The bullying of LGBT people hasn't stopped, even if the media celebrates Pride Month and such. It's just harder to get away with it today.

Comment

The bullying of LGBT people hasn't stopped, even if the media celebrates Pride Month and such. It's just harder to get away with it today.
              I'm sure the bullying of various groups is on going.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

How exactly does that bill lead to more homophobia?
                I'm not fully sure, but I've seen one account where a person said they were being accused of being a pedophile for simply being gay. I only have one side of the story, but I've personally witnessed bullies take the tiniest straw they can grasp to bully someone different than them. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that is happening even for LGBT people who agree with the Florida bill's intent.

Comment

I'm sure the bullying of various groups is on going.
                  Yes, it is. rogue06 is the one who seemed to suggest such bullying is not happening. Or is a minor issue at best.

Comment

Yes, it is. rogue06 is the one who seemed to suggest such bullying is not happening. Or is a minor issue at best.
                    Is it a major issue? Compared to what?

Comment

I'm not fully sure, but I've seen one account where a person said they were being accused of being a pedophile for simply being gay. I only have one side of the story, but I've personally witnessed bullies take the tiniest straw they can grasp to bully someone different than them. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that is happening even for LGBT people who agree with the Florida bill's intent.
                      I'm speaking of what the law actually says. Anyone can use anything and twist it.

Comment

Bullying will always be with us[1] but it seems that there is far less of it directed toward LGBT people than in the past, and now a great deal directed toward those who disapprove. Moreover, bullying of the latter is ignored if not outright endorsed.

1. I was thinking more along the lines of the reaction to folks like Jenner, who the MSM and the left fell over themselves praising "her" for being so strong and brave. Jenner was even given the ESPY Arthur Ashe Courage award, presented an award at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards, and TIME magazine said that Jenner was the runner-up for their Person of the Year (I don't recall them ever saying who the runner-up was previously or since). Pro tip: if everyone is applauding you, you are not likely being all that strong or brave.

More recently, you have Levine, who was appointed U.S. Assistant Secretary for Health, made a four star general and then named Woman of the Year by USA Today.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No. I'm saying that today it is not as big an issue as it was a decade ago and we are witnessing a rapid swing of the pendulum where those who don't think being LGBTQ++ is the greatest thing in all the land are the ones being targeted. And as I said, with the latter, this is either ignored or outright encouraged.

Comment

Is it a major issue? Compared to what?
                            Suicide and suicidal ideation is much higher in the LGBT than in the general population. LGBT people are also being bullied at very high rates. The rates of bullying of LGBT youth is very high, even as recent as last year.

Source: Healthline

• New research from The Trevor Project finds that LGBTQ youth continue to experience high rates of bullying both in-person and digitally.
                            • 52 percent of LGBTQ young people enrolled in middle and high school reported either electronic or in-person bullying in the past year.
                            • The research also found that 29 percent of LGBTQ middle school students who were bullied attempted suicide in the past year compared to 12 percent who did not experience bullying.
                            • For high schoolers, 25 percent who were bullied attempted suicide compared to 10 percent of those who did not report being bullied.

© Copyright Original Source

They have even more statistics for different age groups.

tabibito posted the following statistics of the general population.

https://admissionsly.com/bullying-statistics/
                            • it was found that out of 1025 undergraduates students, 24.7% bully other students occasionally while 2.8% do it very frequently.
                            • 4.2% of students had been bullied by teachers occasionally and 5% very frequently. 3.2% of students had bullied other students occasionally and 1.9% very frequently.
                            • 49% of children in grades four to 12 have been bullied by other students at school level at least once.
                            • 23% of college-goers stated to have been bullied two or more times in the past month.
                            • 20% of the US students in grades nine to 12 reported being bullied.
                            • 71% of youth have witnessed bullying at school.
                            • 70% of school staff have reported being a witness to bullying.
                            Bullying is a huge problem in general, but the impact seems to be more severe on the LGBT community. Which isn't surprising as the more different you are the worse you are likely to be bullied.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              No. I'm saying that today it is not as big an issue as it was a decade ago and we are witnessing a rapid swing of the pendulum where those who don't think being LGBTQ++ is the greatest thing in all the land are the ones being targeted. And as I said, with the latter, this is either ignored or outright encouraged.
                              It seems that acceptance is not going to change very much of anything. What needs to be addressed is the assumed right of bullies to be bullies.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment