Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

OK Groomer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

And even then it's not even just the content but the age of the children being targeted by that content. It would be far less of an issue if it were, say, high school aged kids. But they are deliberately targeting Kindergartners, 1st graders, etc., at a time when their minds are particularly malleable.
    It is the combination to be sure. I don't see a problem with teaching lower primary students the basics of treating other people, including those who are different, with respect and courtesy. Doing so would inevitably touch on characteristics of people who are different, and the ways that difference finds expression. Noting further that boys germs/girls germs might also be a legitimate target for correction, approaches aimed at doing so would be sure to attract the wrath from radicals on both sides of the fence.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

No more than they should hate us for trying to evangelize their children.
      Nonsense, we are not using government schools to do it.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Rogue - it is clear you have lost your capacity to think objectively. This cartoon is nothing more than conservative hate propaganda. Its purpose is to cultivate hatred of those 'not like us'
        This is nothing but ironic coming from you given what you've been saying the past few years.

If people don't want to be accused of aiding and abetting sick and twisted people -- then stop aiding and abetting them.

Still, I apologize for linking that image to your post. I should've just posted it without linking it to anything.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No more than they should hate us for trying to evangelize their children.
          Who is using the full might and power of the government to do so? And if you have the audacity to complain, old Joe's Attorney General wants to sic the FBI on you as "domestic terrorists."

Think about that. That is what the side you support is doing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The term "groomer" is probably at the point where it is overused so widely and grossly that it is nearly meaningless. At this point, it's being used to describe conservatives who do not sufficiently support Trump. It's following the same trajectory of "cuck", which originated from a specific metaphor and morphed into a one-size-fits all anti-liberal insult.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

As promised.

Comment

The real problem is that the term is becoming effective - and the left hates that....
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  The real problem is that the term is becoming effective - and the left hates that....
                  And any speech that the left hates immediately gets branded as "hate speech" by them as we have seen.

This cartoon is nothing more than conservative hate propaganda

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    The term "groomer" is probably at the point where it is overused so widely and grossly that it is nearly meaningless. At this point, it's being used to describe conservatives who do not sufficiently support Trump. It's following the same trajectory of "cuck", which originated from a specific metaphor and morphed into a one-size-fits all anti-liberal insult.
                    Both terms have been used towards the right and the left in various circumstances. I've probably seen the second one used more against conservatives personally, but have seen it used against the left from time to time.

Comment

grooming here refers to wht pedophiles do to there targets. This is not that. And categorizing this as grooming in that sense is just as wrong as what you are complaining about. Two wrongs don't make a right.
                      hunting grounds

parents are right to worry about sexual abuse of students in public schools.

The most comprehensive report about sexual abuse in public schools, published by the department of education in 2004, estimates—on the basis of a 2000 survey, conducted by the american association of university women, of 2,065 students in grades eight through 11—that nearly 10 percent of k-12 students have been victims of sexual misconduct by a public school employee. Assuming that figure is accurate, this would translate into an approximately 4.5 million children nationwide suffering sexual misconduct by public school employees, with an estimated 3 million suffering physical sexual abuse—a number, according to the author of the study, hofstra university professor charol shakeshaft, more than 100 times greater than the physical abuse committed by catholic priests, who, at the time the report was published, were undergoing a reckoning for the crimes within their ranks.

https://christopherrufo.com/no-conspiracy-theory/

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        While it may evolve into a generic insult in the same manner that the left hurls the racist and Nazi epithets, so far I'm seeing it being used in a very specific manner.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

That, and before I have to clean my oven again?

Comment

Originally posted by Alien View Post

Obviously you never cleaned an oven!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Obviously you never cleaned an oven!
                              You don't use it, you don't need to clean it. Problem averted.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

You don't use it, you don't need to clean it. Problem averted.
                                I thought you just replaced them when they got too dirty

Comment