Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

OK Groomer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Is Jake in transition now? Name change soon?
    He identifies as a poodle now.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

While I agree it is best to allow children to be children, our culture makes that almost impossible. So teaching certain elements of sexuality earlier is probably necessary, because they will encounter it on TV and on the internet in the worst possible way at very early ages. If not in our homes, in others. There just is no good way, other than just not having tv or internet and living in some sort of self isolating group, to keep it out.

Secular society will define what is the 'right thing to teach' according to secular principles. Even if it is done without an agenda, just the facts as it were, in our society and culture, LGBTQ... issues will likely need to be dealt with. And a state sponsored school can't really attach religiously based morals to that. The can emphasize the issue of disease transmission and unwed pregnancy - health and other lifelong consequences of risky behavior.

So the church and the parents, if they want to instill their values, are going to have to get on that train early too.
      Parents also have a duty and an obligation to refuse media that does push it on kids. I firmly believe in censorship for children. Even my oldest child has no phone or ipad internet access, and we manually approve any website she visits on her laptop. The internet we allow for the youngest is a heavily monitored paid "kids" subscription tablet. TV is monitored too. And frankly I see nothing wrong with restricting and monitoring every show my kids are allowed to watch. I'm not the only parent in my Catholic homeschool group that does it; and I learned some of the techniques regarding disabling internet access on individual electronics from 1) an atheist mother who monitors everything her kids do and see and 2) a lady in the neighboring town who attends a very liberal disciples of Christ Church who also censored the internet for the sake and safety of her daughter
      Censorship for kids doesn't exist in an isolated groups. There are hundreds of parents from all walks of life who censor their kids media We teach our children to spot the bad the way a banker teaches a new teller how to spot a counterfeit bill. We let them handle a lot of moral sites and moral shows just as a banker has a new teller handle 1000's of real bills so that when they see the fake/immoral one, they know it.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Grooming here refers to whT pedophiles do to there targets. This is not that. And categorizing this as grooming in that sense is just as wrong as what you are complaining about. Two wrongs don't make a right.

But I will agree it counts as indoctrination to a way of viewing the world that for many is not what they want their children taught. And if freedom of religion truly is to be respected, then the government run public schools can't be allowed to become temples of indoctrination against the religious beliefs of their pupils or their pupil's parents.
        This is grooming. You can't get around it. Grooming is something pedophiles do, but it's also a term used for cults, who "groom" young children; in order to lure them away from their parents. You could argue that the Human Rights Campaign is using schools to "groom children"; luring them away from the Church, away from the family; away from any moral standard at all and into this new "ideology" where men are women, women are men, and polygamous relationships are normal. https://abigailshrier.substack.com/p...s/comments?s=r You should read this. And then you should go view the horrific things that the HRC wants every school to teach kids in grades K-5. The sexual abuse that is happening is perhaps even more sinister in a way. This is a sexual abuse of a child's mind telling them "if you don't fit in, you must be not normal, and not normal means you must be trans" Now, studies are conducted using hormones and puberty blockers on children as young as 8 and parents are told if they don't go along with it te child will kill themselves. The drugs used on boys are similar the drugs Michael Jackson's father convinced a doctor to prescribe to chemically castrate him so his voice stayed high. These drugs are no different. And yes, castration without consent is sexual abuse and no child can consent to castration.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

A poodle, of all things! Why not a German Shepherd! Or a Pit!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            This is grooming. You can't get around it. Grooming is something pedophiles do, but it's also a term used for cults, who "groom" young children; in order to lure them away from their parents. You could argue that the Human Rights Campaign is using schools to "groom children"; luring them away from the Church, away from the family; away from any moral standard at all and into this new "ideology" where men are women, women are men, and polygamous relationships are normal. https://abigailshrier.substack.com/p...s/comments?s=r You should read this.
            From your link, and why these teachers need to be in prison...

How Activist Teachers Recruit Kids

Leaked Documents and Audio from the California Teachers Association Conference Reveal Efforts to Subvert Parents on Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation

Incensed parents now make news almost daily, objecting to radical material taught in their children’s public schools. But little insight has been provided into the mindset and tactics of activist teachers themselves. That may now be changing, thanks to leaked audio from a meeting of California’s largest teacher’s union.

Last month, the California Teachers Association (CTA) held a conference advising teachers on best practices for subverting parents, conservative communities and school principals on issues of gender identity and sexual orientation. Speakers went so far as to tout their surveillance of students’ Google searches, internet activity, and hallway conversations in order to target sixth graders for personal invitations to LGBTQ clubs, while actively concealing these clubs’ membership rolls from participants’ parents.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post

Parents also have a duty and an obligation to refuse media that does push it on kids. I firmly believe in censorship for children. Even my oldest child has no phone or ipad internet access, and we manually approve any website she visits on her laptop. The internet we allow for the youngest is a heavily monitored paid "kids" subscription tablet. TV is monitored too. And frankly I see nothing wrong with restricting and monitoring every show my kids are allowed to watch. I'm not the only parent in my Catholic homeschool group that does it; and I learned some of the techniques regarding disabling internet access on individual electronics from 1) an atheist mother who monitors everything her kids do and see and 2) a lady in the neighboring town who attends a very liberal disciples of Christ Church who also censored the internet for the sake and safety of her daughter
              Censorship for kids doesn't exist in an isolated groups. There are hundreds of parents from all walks of life who censor their kids media We teach our children to spot the bad the way a banker teaches a new teller how to spot a counterfeit bill. We let them handle a lot of moral sites and moral shows just as a banker has a new teller handle 1000's of real bills so that when they see the fake/immoral one, they know it.
              You have every right to, and the responsibility to, restrict access to inappropriate material as much as you can.

My comment goes more to the inevitability that in the world as it is, children will encounter inappropriate or corrupting influences at ever younger ages and so parents and churches (and schools) also have a responsibility to try to reduce the negative impact of that reality. But the public schools will use secular standards for both defining what should be taught, and defining what is a negative influence. So the churches and the parents also need to deal with issues early on and not rely solely on their capacity to create a protective shell against those same influences. They are everywhere. And they find ways in we can't always predict.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You have every right to, and the responsibility to, restrict access to inappropriate material as much as you can.

My comment goes more to the inevitability that in the world as it is, children will encounter inappropriate or corrupting influences aheret ever younger ages and so parents and churches (and schools) also have a responsibility to try to reduce the negative impact of that reality. But the public schools will use secular standards for both defining what should be taught, and defining what is a negative influence. So the churches and the parents also need to deal with issues early on and not rely solely on their capacity to create a protective shell against those same influences. They are everywhere. And they find ways in we can't always predict.
                We've already been there with the "unexpected" from the public school. We now homeschool in a parent run, parent involved parents at the school all day enrichment environment. And the more of this that is being exposed the stronger my belief in parent involvement .
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

My comment goes more to the inevitability that in the world as it is, children will encounter inappropriate or corrupting influences at ever younger ages and so parents and churches (and schools) also have a responsibility to try to reduce the negative impact of that reality. But the public schools will use secular standards for both defining what should be taught, and defining what is a negative influence. So the churches and the parents also need to deal with issues early on and not rely solely on their capacity to create a protective shell against those same influences. They are everywhere. And they find ways in we can't always predict.
                  No Jim, the school has no right to teach or promote such things. It is political and sexual indoctrination, and I bet the majority of parents (i.e. tax payers) don't want such indoctrination. Like I said recently we stopped this nonsense in our school district dead in its tracks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Don't you be knocking poodles now! Our Sheba is a cis-poodle and fiercely proud of it. She says to tell Jake that he will never attain true poodleness, but he should be happy to be a dog at all. After all, he could have been human!

Comment

No Jim, the school has no right to teach or promote such things. It is political and sexual indoctrination, and I bet the majority of parents (i.e. tax payers) don't want such indoctrination. Like I said recently we stopped this nonsense in our school district dead in its tracks...
                      agreed. Mr Catholicity and I were in discussion about whether sex ed should be taught at all in schools and if so how much. At this point in my life, I am beginning to believe that he was right on giving elementary kids the good touch/unwanted touch information. However I am beginning to believe that in middle and high school the classes if they are offered should be 1) elective and 2) parent involved and approved curriculum.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A poodle, of all things! Why not a German Shepherd! Or a Pit!
                        Jake now goes by the name Fifi.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I neither agree nor disagree, in that you paint with too broad a brush. Schools can't teach specific religious values as good and godly, we agree. At the same time, schools have a responsibility to teach, and enforce, basic moral behavior, and civil behavior. For example, schools teach cheating is wrong. They punish it. Stealing as well, they do not allow physical abuse, or bullying ( at least we don't want them too ). These are all moral values, and in some cases illegal behaviors. They are also common to most religious teachings but not all. Some of that spills into sexual behavior. Especially if it breaks existing laws.

They also have a responsibility to teach the science of biology, and to a certain extent human behavior. And that spills into this as well. You can't ban gay or transexual kids from attending the public schools, you can't encourage or tolerate behavior that abuse them, even if it stems from religious values taught at home. So you must teach and enforce at the very least tolerance for them, a sense of looking at how to get along and appreciate what is good in others. You don't have to, and should not, teach children they should try to be like other people, but just be themselves. But that too is going to happen. Some children are attracted to the different, the exotic. And every child struggles with who and what they are as the enter puberty.

You cant pretend it doesn't exist. It's all around us. And you can't really stop it from becoming more acceptable if it is normalized or tolerated. You either encourage hatred or you allow it to be accepted. I see no realistic middle ground here.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-18-2022, 11:31 AM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Alien View Post

Don't you be knocking poodles now! Our Sheba is a cis-poodle and fiercely proud of it. She says to tell Jake that he will never attain true poodleness, but he should be happy to be a dog at all. After all, he could have been human!
                            My mother had a toy poodle[1] who was most definitely the alpha male wherever he met. If a German Shepherd thought differently, he would dart in underneath & start biting at any dangly bits causing the other dog to high-tail it out of there.

And this 10 lb. poodle's gf was a full sized Irish Setter. "Brandy."

1. the dog who earned the right to sleep on my parent's bed after he woke my mother up one night because there was a rattler coiled up in my parent's bedroom when my father was out of town.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I neither agree nor disagree, in that you paint with too broad a brush. Schools can't teach specific religious values as good and godly, we agree. At the same time, schools have a responsibility to teach, and enforce, basic moral behavior, and civil behavior. For example, schools teach cheating is wrong. They punish it. Stealing as well, they do not allow physical abuse, or bullying ( at least we don't want them too ). These are all moral values, and in some cases illegal behaviors. They are also common to most religious teachings but not all. Some of that spills into sexual behavior. Especially if it breaks existing laws.
                              I have no problem teaching kids to be respectful and to not bully.

They also have a responsibility to teach the science of biology, and to a certain extent human behavior. And that spills into this as well. You can't ban gay or transexual kids from attending the public schools, you can't encourage or tolerate behavior that abuse them, even if it stems from religious values taught at home. So you must teach and enforce at the very least tolerance for them, a sense of looking at how to get along and appreciate what is good in others. You don't have to, and should not, teach children they should try to be like other people, but just be themselves. But that too is going to happen. Some children are attracted to the different, the exotic. And every child struggles with who and what they are as the enter puberty.
                              Again, I have no problem with teaching kids to treat others well - but that is what is not happening with the countless examples that have been mentioned. And like I said we should not be highlighting every possible sexual deviation.

You cant pretend it doesn't exist. It's all around us. And you can't really stop it from becoming more acceptable if it is normalized or tolerated. You either encourage hatred or you allow it to be accepted. There is no realistic middle ground here.
                              We can and will keep it out of the schools as far as it being taught and promoted. And the reason it is being normalized is because the left is pushing it to be normalized. BTW Jim, I have a question - do you believe that homosexual behavior is a sin?
                              Last edited by seer; 04-18-2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I have no problem teaching kids to be respectful and to not bully.

Good.

Again, I have no problem with teaching kids to treat others well - but that is what is not happening with the countless examples that have been mentioned. And like I said we should not be highlighting every possible sexual deviation.
                                I don't disagree. But that is not what I'm arguing for either.

We can and will keep it out of the schools as far as it being taught and promoted. And the reason it is being normalized is because the left is pushing it to be normalized. ...
                                I don't think you can. It is part of society now. We have legalized gay marriage and adoption. People who are trans are becoming everyday elements of everyday life. And the reality is that children growing up in that world for the most part do not understand your viewpoint. Children always often see their parents faults and hypocrites far clearer than we ourselves do.. and they are far less bound to the historical reasons for having them. Thay are far more tolerant and accepting of it than their parents or their grandparents. Unless they are taught by their parents or church to hate it, it's just becoming more and more normal to them.

This is what I'm seeing anyway.

As for you final question, I refuse to answer it on the principle that it is staged as a litmus test for 'true' faith in Chist.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-18-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment