Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

OK Groomer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I see. So you expect government schools to then teach a religious worldview? Because right now, this is fast becoming the secular world view on this issue. This IS the non- religious conclusions of science as it is understood/taught right now. And that is what public schools are obligated to teach. You can't change that by arguing from a religious perspective. And you can't expect them to do anything else.

So why are you not trying to work on this from a perspective that is based on research, that includes what is understood about trans scientifically, psychologically?

As long as you dance about making ignorant declarations that are clearly base on what you want to be true, what you believe to be true from a religious perspective, and you offer nothing else:

YOU HAVE NO VOICE IN THIS DEBATE IN THE SECULAR ARENA, which is where these sorts of decisions are made.

BTW, there are actual scientists, actual psychologists, that have research that runs counter to the overwhelming extreme view that is trending, that tends to over emphasize how many people are actually trans, how many actually need to fully transition, and the idea that there are no inherent distinctions that must be respected and considered cis to trans.

But they aren't "transitioning" to anything. No more than a woman who gets breast augmentation transitions from an A cup to a DD.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

For that matter, doesn't the dichotomy of "binary" and "non-binary" set up its own binary system?
      can'tdisagree.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For that matter, doesn't the dichotomy of "binary" and "non-binary" set up its own binary system?
        That and stating that you are non-binary and not one of the 'binary' choices.... would also make everyone else by definition non-binary as well if your choice is male, female, non-binary then male and female are no longer binary but also non-binary.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Yes, girls have cooties!
          Only the finest kind. smiley dirtyflirt.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

For the scenario under review - no. The conditions are mutually exclusive.

but I was beaten to the punch for pointing it out:

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
              if your choice is male, female, non-binary then male and female are no longer binary but also non-binary.
              Last edited by tabibito; 04-14-2022, 08:23 AM.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Why can't schools just stick to teaching history, english, math, geography, etc? There is no reason to teach sexual relationships to elementary students.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  There you are. Groomers make children prettier! I knew it all along.

Same as dogs I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Why can't schools just stick to teaching history, english, math, geography, etc? There is no reason to teach sexual relationships to elementary students.
                    "When I was a boy, I got six of the best every day. Made me what I am."

Small prize for anyone identifying that quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Alien View Post

No idea, but the possibility that "what I am" would be a psychopath does present as a possibility.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Raymond Crooke comes close. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9-saQQWs2g
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

No idea, but the possibility that "what I am" would be a psychopath does present as a possibility.
                          Somewhat unfair as probably nobody over here has heard of it. It's from a book entitled Down with Skool, by Geoffrey Willans with illustrations by Ronald Searle. It was published in the 1950's. I can' find that image, but I have found others that I tried to copy/paste without success.

The accompanying picture showed a man dressed in a suit with a collar and tie pulled tightly around his throat. His face was rigid, and he had obviously had all humor, originality and self respect beaten out of him. My memory was triggered by Sparko's description of school as it once was. And yes, at my school the "cane" was used, but only by the Headmaster, and not every day! To me, the worst part of it was not the beating, but having to convince him afterwards that I understood that whatever I did was wrong and that I was truly sorry for it. In reality, I usually considered my "offenses" to be trivial and my only regret was getting caught. You didn't get out of his office without some convincing acting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Why is it that talking sexually around adults at work deemed sexual harassment and can get you terminated, whereas talking sexually around young children at school is considered essential?

Comment

Somewhat unfair as probably nobody over here has heard of it. It's from a book entitled Down with Skool, by Geoffrey Willans with illustrations by Ronald Searle. It was published in the 1950's. I can' find that image, but I have found others that I tried to copy/paste without success.

The accompanying picture showed a man dressed in a suit with a collar and tie pulled tightly around his throat. His face was rigid, and he had obviously had all humor, originality and self respect beaten out of him. My memory was triggered by Sparko's description of school as it once was. And yes, at my school the "cane" was used, but only by the Headmaster, and not every day! To me, the worst part of it was not the beating, but having to convince him afterwards that I understood that whatever I did was wrong and that I was truly sorry for it. In reality, I usually considered my "offenses" to be trivial and my only regret was getting caught. You didn't get out of his office without some convincing acting though.
                              Personally I would have guessed it was something from Monty Python.

Anwho...

rogue powaz activate! Form of an image!

769bda43-7ca9-4a0a-b5d2-9931acd818a8.jpg
                              I had to convert it to a png and from there a jpg.
                              You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Personally I would have guessed it was something from Monty Python.

Anwho...

rogue powaz activate! Form of an image!

769bda43-7ca9-4a0a-b5d2-9931acd818a8.jpg
                                I had to convert it to a png and from there a jpg.
                                You're welcome.

Thank you! You found it too, as I had failed to do. I had no idea I needed the ATTACH thingy. Is there somewhere I can look up all these neat commands? I really have little knowledge of the formatting options available.

Comment