Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

End of Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Trump?

We keep hearing how the Republican Party is beholden to Trump to the point that they became the party of Trump, even though the evidence keeps showing that more and more members of the party are tired of him and wish he'd go away. The MSM and Democrats aren't about to let that happen and still focus like a laser on the OMB, which did not work out well for them in Virginia -- but that doesn't seem to have dissuaded them.

While he remains the "top pick" for the 2024 nominee, IIRC, Hillary remained the Democrat's "top pick" at this point after she lost. The fact is that as his rallies illustrate, he is not the draw he once was. Formerly, he packed whatever venue he choose with crowds of supporters who couldn't get in milling around the building.

Not any longer.

Susan Del Percio, who was one of Rudy Giuliani assistants, pointed to the size of Trump’s rally crowd in North Carolina, estimated to be around 1000 to 2000 by the local paper, the Raleigh News and Observer, saying that “that is what you saw there, his shrinking base.” In 2016 the same venue drew in over 15,000 when Trump spoke there.

Likewise, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on an appearance by Trump in Commerce, Georgia, noting that it was "the smallest crowd I've seen at a rally of his in Georgia since he won the 2016 election” and that it was "significantly smaller than the crowd [that attended a Georgia Trump rally] in September." Stephen Fowler, a political reporter at Georgia Public Broadcasting confirmed the small size of the crowd.

And keep in mind that Trump has always used crowd sizes as a means of assessing his popularity.

Now you have The Hill reporting the following:

Source: GOP pollster says Republicans are mocking ‘child’ Trump

Prominent GOP pollster said in a recent interview that Republicans in private are mocking former President Trump and they are “tired of going back and rehashing the 2020 election.”

Luntz said he was not surprised by comments made by New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) that gained attention from the Gridiron Club’s annual dinner.

“He’s [f-bomb]ing crazy,” Sununu said of Trump earlier this month at the annual event, known for its roasts of politicians and other figures.

“I don’t think he’s so crazy that you could put him in a mental institution,” he added. “But I think if he were in one, he ain’t getting out.”

Luntz said that while the comments were made at a roast, many members of the Republican party feel the same way.

“I don’t know a single Republican who was surprised by what Sununu said. He said what they were thinking,” Luntz said to The Daily Beast. “They won’t say it [in public], but behind his back, they think he’s a child. They’re laughing at him.”

“That’s what made it significant,” he added, referring to Sununu’s comments.

Luntz added, “Trump isn’t the same man he was a year ago.”

“Even many Republicans are tired of going back and rehashing the 2020 election. Everybody else has moved on and in Washington everyone believes he lost the election,” the pollster said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Sununu would later declare his comments were meant as a joke, but it is a telling one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The best thing Trump can do at this point is give his blessing to certain candidates. His endorsements are more important than he is. He's not a viable candidate anymore; the anti-Trump machine is as strong as ever (Leftoids and MSM on the constant warpath) so he should visit the golf course more often.

And yes, the 2020 election is over and it's results are not going to change. Give it up, Donald!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      The best thing Trump can do at this point is give his blessing to certain candidates. His endorsements are more important than he is. He's not a viable candidate anymore; the anti-Trump machine is as strong as ever (Leftoids and MSM on the constant warpath) so he should visit the golf course more often.

And yes, the 2020 election is over and it's results are not going to change. Give it up, Donald!
      He just endorsed "Dr. Oz" in Pennsylvania, which appears to have created quite the negative reaction among supporters.

I should also note that in Michigan, Trump had a recent rally that resulted in an over-flow crowd. But it still appears to have been smaller than expected. Locals were anticipating 10,000 and up, but several estimates put it as 4000 to 5000 inside and "a couple of thousand" outside listening to speakers.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My biggest complaints about Trump are (a) he seems to be getting weirder as he gets older, and he was already weird to begin with. (b) He's just too old. Enough with the geriatric presidents.

Comment

To be fair, Trump, at this point, is just a private citizen holding political rallies. He's not going to have the same draw as someone running for president. And the next presidential election is a long ways away.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            To be fair, Trump, at this point, is just a private citizen holding political rallies. He's not going to have the same draw as someone running for president. And the next presidential election is a long ways away.
            It might just be one example (there could be others), but the one in Georgia was noting how there was a significant decrease since last September -- which was also when he was just a private citizen and the next race even further off.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              We keep hearing how the Republican Party is beholden to Trump to the point that they became the party of Trump, even though the evidence keeps showing that more and more members of the party are tired of him and wish he'd go away. The MSM and Democrats aren't about to let that happen and still focus like a laser on the OMB, which did not work out well for them in Virginia -- but that doesn't seem to have dissuaded them.

While he remains the "top pick" for the 2024 nominee, IIRC, Hillary remained the Democrat's "top pick" at this point after she lost. The fact is that as his rallies illustrate, he is not the draw he once was. Formerly, he packed whatever venue he choose with crowds of supporters who couldn't get in milling around the building.

Not any longer.

Susan Del Percio, who was one of Rudy Giuliani assistants, pointed to the size of Trump’s rally crowd in North Carolina, estimated to be around 1000 to 2000 by the local paper, the Raleigh News and Observer, saying that “that is what you saw there, his shrinking base.” In 2016 the same venue drew in over 15,000 when Trump spoke there.

Likewise, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on an appearance by Trump in Commerce, Georgia, noting that it was "the smallest crowd I've seen at a rally of his in Georgia since he won the 2016 election” and that it was "significantly smaller than the crowd [that attended a Georgia Trump rally] in September." Stephen Fowler, a political reporter at Georgia Public Broadcasting confirmed the small size of the crowd.

And keep in mind that Trump has always used crowd sizes as a means of assessing his popularity.

Prominent GOP pollster said in a recent interview that Republicans in private are mocking former President Trump and they are “tired of going back and rehashing the 2020 election.”

Luntz said he was not surprised by comments made by New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) that gained attention from the Gridiron Club’s annual dinner.

“He’s [f-bomb]ing crazy,” Sununu said of Trump earlier this month at the annual event, known for its roasts of politicians and other figures.

“I don’t think he’s so crazy that you could put him in a mental institution,” he added. “But I think if he were in one, he ain’t getting out.”

Luntz said that while the comments were made at a roast, many members of the Republican party feel the same way.

“I don’t know a single Republican who was surprised by what Sununu said. He said what they were thinking,” Luntz said to The Daily Beast. “They won’t say it [in public], but behind his back, they think he’s a child. They’re laughing at him.”

“Even many Republicans are tired of going back and rehashing the 2020 election. Everybody else has moved on and in Washington everyone believes he lost the election,” the pollster said.

Source

Sununu would later declare his comments were meant as a joke, but it is a telling one.
              I've been hoping the Dems will finally find something they can jam him up with so as to prevent him from running, but alas, after 5+ years of searching, it appears that the Dems are so deranged that they're creating OMB criminal scenarios that aren't at all criminal outside of their delusional minds, or the whole OMB thing is a political hoax. I highly doubt the latter is true.

Comment

I'll gladly drop Bad Orange Man for a reasonably credible anti-abortion conservative-populist-libertarian candidate who will punch back vigorously against the MSM, will drive the Swampublicans and other Establicans ape-feces slobbering bonkers, and will not require any good GOP governors to abandon their posts in favor of being POTUS.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

A bit of blonde-on-blonde... um... verbicuffs?... between Laura Ingraham and Kelly Anne. Neither is crazy about the BOM endorsement of Meh, but KA was reluctant to call it a "mistake."
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    I'll gladly drop Bad Orange Man for a reasonably credible anti-abortion conservative-populist-libertarian candidate who will punch back vigorously against the MSM, will drive the Swampublicans and other Establicans ape-feces slobbering bonkers, and will not require any good GOP governors to abandon their posts in favor of being POTUS.
                    The biggest problem is that Republicans nominate someone who wants the MSM to like them, never understanding they will immediately turn on you if you are the Republican nominee and will seek to destroy you if they can.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      So basically, you want Trump without him actually being Trump.

Comment

The biggest problem is that Republicans nominate someone who wants the MSM to like them, never understanding they will immediately turn on you if you are the Republican nominee and will seek to destroy you if they can.
                        I don't know why it's so hard for the Republicans to figure out that grovelling before the opposition is not a winning strategy. I often get the sense that they don't actually care if they win.

Comment

I don't know why it's so hard for the Republicans to figure out that grovelling before the opposition is not a winning strategy. I often get the sense that they don't actually care if they win.
                          People want to be liked, and inside the cesspit that is D.C. and the media that covers them, that means regurgitating the liberal line. Some seem to know that they will never be liked by them and say what they think is just enough to keep from being repeatedly attacked.

Comment

So basically, you want Trump without him actually being Trump.
                            I'd like someone generally Trumpy, with a little more self-control and fewer "spikes" sticking out.

But I'd rather have the full-on narcissist megalomaniac loud obnoxious profane orange wack-job than, say, Jeb Bush or some other "normal" Repulsican.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Not any longer.

Source

Probably for the best at this point. Heck, even ignoring everything else, his age is a big no-go for me.

Comment