Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Idiocracy is not a Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Well now anything you want to know you can just google. Any math can be done on your phone. They have no need to do research or any work at all to get knowledge. It's all just there.
    Too bad most folks are busy Googling cute cat GIFs and the like rather than using it to educate themselves.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Too bad most folks are busy Googling cute cat GIFs and the like rather than using it to educate themselves.
      That goes right back to what I said about "instant entertainment"

Comment

No need to insult mossrose and teal!

Comment

They should use their time to google bacon memes instead.

Comment

No need to insult mossrose and teal!
            Pffft. If I wanted to be a burr under mossy's saddle I'd start a thread about this:

I've been sitting on this for about a month now

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pffft. If I wanted to be a burr under mossy's saddle I'd start a thread about this:

There will be no 5th edition at this Forum, I cannot have my hobbies mix and match like this....it's scary. It's like crossing the streams...

Comment

It's been sort of nice knowing you rogue06. I hope your life insurance is paid up.

Comment

It's been sort of nice knowing you rogue06. I hope your life insurance is paid up.
                  Hey! I didn't start a thread on it, just said if I was lookin' for trouble with mossy that would be what I'd do.

Btw, can you see what I named that JPG?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

There will be no 5th edition at this Forum, I cannot have my hobbies mix and match like this....it's scary. It's like crossing the streams...
                    I'm a 3.5 man myself. Started playing not long before 2e or AD&D came out.

Comment

Hey! I didn't start a thread on it, just said if I was lookin' for trouble with mossy that would be what I'd do.

Btw, can you see what I named that JPG?
                      "I'm dead meat now, aren't I?"

Comment

"I'm dead meat now, aren't I?"

I rarely change the original, but in some instance I just can't help myself.

Comment

I'm a 3.5 man myself. Started playing not long before 2e or AD&D came out.
                          I started at the tail end of 2, beginning of 3. Honestly, I prefer Savage Worlds to DnD, but the game group we have now is DnD. It's all online over Discord, but it works.

I'm working on a Pathfinder for Savage Worlds game to use during gaps instead of byweeks.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I started at the tail end of 2, beginning of 3. Honestly, I prefer Savage Worlds to DnD, but the game group we have now is DnD. It's all online over Discord, but it works.

I'm working on a Pathfinder for Savage Worlds game to use during gaps instead of byweeks.
                            What is the major difference between Pathfinder and D&D (particularly 3.5 which it appears to have evolved out of)?

Comment

What is the major difference between Pathfinder and D&D (particularly 3.5 which it appears to have evolved out of)?
                              Pathfinder 1e (they are now on 2e which is an entirely different beast of a system), is based on the OGL for D20. So, at it's core its the same game. Paizo filled in many of the dead levels of 3.5's character progression giving the base classes more than just a boost to HP, to hit, and Save. Other books have added in a ton of extra things like Archetypes, which allow you to swap out certain class features for new class features. But, at it's heart Pathfinder 1e is 3.5, and if you like it, I would suggest looking at Pathfinder 1e, as it has more options and cleaned up many of 3.5's shortcomings. It's 3.75 so to speak. You can find pocket versions of the core 2 (main book and bestiary) fairly cheaply.

Now....I'm working on Pathfinder for Savage Worlds, which is a different beast entirely. Savage Worlds is an entirely different system to D20, and Pathfinder is an officially licensed version to convert 1e Pathfinder's world (Galarion) and the "feel" of the game into this system. But Savage worlds is lighter on crunch (but still crunchy), and focused more on cinematic gameplay. I recommend the Savage Worlds system as one for playing any number of genres.

www.peginc.com for savage worlds.

Comment