Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gaslighting on Steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaslighting on Steroids

The human gaffe machine that is Joe Biden was in rare form during his recent trip to Europe. He made several headlines with his unscripted statements including comments about the possibility of sending U.S. troops into Ukraine, the U.S. responding with chemical weapons if Russia starts using them, and of course his demand for regime change in Russia -- the latter of which he angrily declared he is not walking back as his staff hurriedly tries to clean up that mess.

Yet when asked about them old Joe bizarrely declared that "None of the three occurred."

Yup. According to Biden those things never happened.

Source: ‘None Of The Three Occurred’: Biden Denies Making Foreign Policy Gaffes That White House Walked Back

President Joe Biden appeared to be unaware that his surrogates had spent a fair amount of time cleaning up or walking back things he said while in Europe to bolster allies and discuss the next moves with regard to Ukraine.

Biden, who appeared to tell troops that they were headed to Ukraine, suggested that the United States might retaliate with a chemical weapon if Russia used one first, and alluded to the possibility of regime change in Russia, told Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy that those things didn’t happen.

Each time, the White House had to issue clarifications after the president’s comments — but on Monday the Commander-in-Chief also appeared to be completely unaware that his team had amended any of those statements, asking Doocy, “What’s getting walked back?”

Doocy asked Biden if he was “worried that other leaders in the world are going to start to doubt that America is ‘back’ if some of these big things that you say on the world stage keep getting walked back?”

“What’s getting walked back?” Biden responded.

“Just in the last couple days … it sounded like you told troops they were going to Ukraine, it sounded like you said it was possible the U.S. would use a chemical weapon, and it sounded like you were calling for regime change in Russia, and we know …” Doocy said before Biden interrupted.

The president interjected, denying that had happened at all, “None of the three occurred.”

“None of the three occurred?” Doocy asked.

“None of the three … You interpret the language that way,” Biden continued. “I was talking to the troops. We were talking about helping train the troops, the Ukrainian troops, that are in Poland. That’s what the context … I sat there with those guys for a couple of hours. That’s what we talked about.”

“So when you said, ‘You’re going to see when you’re there,’ you were not intending to …” Doocy asked before Biden interrupted again.

“I was referring … with meeting with and talking with the Ukrainian troops that are in Poland,” Biden said.

“And when you said, ‘A chemical weapon use by Russia would trigger a response in-kind’?” Doocy asked.

“It will trigger a significant response,” Biden said, before declining to answer the Fox News reporter’s inquiries as to what he meant.

“I’m not going to tell you. Why would I tell you? You got to be silly,” Biden said.

Doocy responded, “The world wants to know.”

“The world wants to know a lot of things. I’m not telling them what the response would be, then Russia knows the response,” Biden declared.

It is unclear why Biden was not aware that those three comments had been walked back by the White House.

Over the weekend, The Daily Wire reported that in each case a White House official was forced to clarify the president’s remarks to avoid any confusion. Other administration officials went on the record to walk back, as Doocy said, the president’s statements.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

He's further gone than we thought. Living in a fantasy land where, as he has declared, the incredible series of colossal FUBAR screw ups that was the Afghanistan withdrawal was an "outstanding success" and where he is "outperforming" as president. He even appears to believe that "Let's Go Brandon" is a compliment.

Given how his staff takes it up on themselves to cut off his mic when they want hopefully they have also disconnected the "red button" so this senile old dodger living in his own fantasy world completely unmoored from reality doesn't launch a nuclear strike while thinking he's ordering another ice cream cone.

And why is the MSM spiking this story?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Time to dust off the 25th Amendment. It's not exactly consolation to imagine Kackling Kamala as president, but we know her habit of laughing at inappropriate moments is less damaging than Biden's weaponized mouth and empty head.

Comment

It's hard to tell what he meant by "None of that happened." Is he saying that he never said it, that the statements were never "clarified" by his handlers, or that because what he said didn't happen, therefore, it doesn't count as being said? Does Joe himself even know what he means?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It's hard to tell what he meant by "None of that happened." Is he saying that he never said it, that the statements were never "clarified" by his handlers, or that because what he said didn't happen, therefore, it doesn't count as being said? Does Joe himself even know what he means?
        Given his attempted explanation, the first.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

To imitate a certain poster here.

Don't you know, questioning the mental health of the president is beyond the pale. The GOP is really showing it's lack of morals here. Especially when they advocate a coup through the 25th amendment. They are showing how morally depraved they are by making such unprecedented claims and suggestions. If you support them, you are just immoral.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
            To imitate a certain poster here.

Don't you know, questioning the mental health of the president is beyond the pale. The GOP is really showing it's lack of morals here. Especially when they advocate a coup through the 25th amendment. They are showing how morally depraved they are by making such unprecedented claims and suggestions. If you support them, you are just immoral.
            Ooh! Ooh! I know who that is!
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

But the 25th Amendment would only replace one Democrat with another Democrat. It's hardly a coup for Republicans.

(just sayin')

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                But the 25th Amendment would only replace one Democrat with another Democrat. It's hardly a coup for Republicans.

(just sayin')
                imitate
                The fact that you would even consider the unprecedented calls for the use of the 25th is horrible. It really shows how desperate Trump cultists are to even think it is a way to overturn an election.
                /imitate

Comment

"None of the three occurred"

Comment

So was he denying that he made the gaffes or that he walked back the gaffes? If he is denying that he made the gaffes then why did he walk them back/explain them away? And if he was denying that he walked back the gaffes, then doesn't that mean he actually meant what he said the first time?

Comment

I think Biden is suggesting that we all dreamt he said those things. None of it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        I think Biden is suggesting that we all dreamt he said those things. None of it happened.
                        He must be a Jedi Master! Except it didn't work.

"These are not the gaffes you are looking for!"

Comment

The fact is that old Joe did say that if Russia deployed chemical weapons that the U.S. would respond "in kind."

He did tell the 82nd Airborne Division that they would soon be seeing the courage of Ukrainian civilians for themselves: "You’re going to see when you’re there."

And he did announced a U.S. regime change policy toward Russia. "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

But he bizarrely insists that "None of the three occurred" and the lapdog MSM is refusing to report on this.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The fact is that old Joe did say that if Russia deployed chemical weapons that the U.S. would respond "in kind."

He did tell the 82nd Airborne Division that they would soon be seeing the courage of Ukrainian civilians for themselves: "You’re going to see when you’re there."

And he did announced a U.S. regime change policy toward Russia. "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

But he bizarrely insists that "None of the three occurred" and the lapdog MSM is refusing to report on this.
                            I will state that even liberal rags like Huffpost are reporting on the "cannot remain in power" comment. He definitely stepped in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I'll give Biden one thing: It is possible for the line "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power" to have an alternate meaning. Like saying "For God's sake, don't serve liver for dinner." It is a hope or desire, not a declaration of action. So, Biden could be saying he hoped Putin would retire, or anything, just that he would step down. Unfortunately, that would not be the most-interpreted meaning.

Comment