Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Meanwhile... Iran just launched missiles at our consulate and an air base.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile... Iran just launched missiles at our consulate and an air base.

While all eyes are on Russia another of the world's bad actors feels emboldened

Iran claims missile barrage near US consulate in Iraq

Multiple 'Iranian-produced ballistic missiles' smash into US Army base in Iraq with huge fireball explosion

In his book Those Who Remain, G. Michael Hopf famously wrote:

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

We are being led by the weakest of the weak

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Multiple 'Iranian-produced ballistic missiles' smash into US Army base in Iraq with huge fireball explosion

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Why in the world do we still have a base in Iraq?

Comment

And didn't China just warn us not to give more weapons to Taiwan? The wolves sense weakness...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Why in the world do we still have a base in Iraq?
        IIRC that's the base we supposedly have an over-the-horizon force set to respond from in case things go further south than it already has in Afghanistan

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Don't worry, Joe will handle it with the same masterful competence with which he has handled everything else.

(We are so screwed.)
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Don't worry, Joe will handle it with the same masterful competence with which he has handled everything else.

(We are so screwed.)
            Well, the one thing that is guaranteed is that whatever the Biden administration does, good or bad, you WILL complain about it.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Well, the one thing that is guaranteed is that whatever the Biden administration does, good or bad, you WILL complain about it.
              Kind of reminds us all of you and the previous administration.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It could be worse. We could be doctoring videos about fish feeding, then pretending it's a major national embarassment, and still think the whole thing is Biden's fault even when the video was shown to be doctored...

Comment

I would love for him to actually do something good so we can test your theory.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Untitled.jpg

Comment

IIRC that's the base we supposedly have an over-the-horizon force set to respond from in case things go further south than it already has in Afghanistan
                      SMH. Time to leave both countries the hell alone. Especially when we're watching Russia's atrocities in Ukraine. The longer we stay there, the lower and lower our ground to stand on is.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Kind of reminds us all of you and the previous administration.
                        Oh, how soon you forget that several times I was complementary on a Trump policy or action.

The problem with Trump was the particularly obscene combination of significant to the point of top of the heap over history corruption, AND that it was routinely justified, defended, and/or denied by evangelical Christians and their leaders. A leader whose charisma could and did corrupt the church and defile its witness on the Earth. It was that specific combination that sent me over the top. A combination that we'd never seen before, and hopefully will never see again.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Oh, how soon you forget that several times I was complementary on a Trump policy or action.

The problem with Trump was the particularly obscene combination of significant to the point of top of the heap over history corruption, AND that it was routinely justified, defended, and/or denied by evangelical Christians and their leaders. A leader whose charisma could and did corrupt the church and defile its witness on the Earth. It was that specific combination that sent me over the top. A combination that we'd never seen before, and hopefully will never see again.
                          Sure.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Rogue’s implication is that Trump’s manly threat tweets to rain down “fire and fury unlike anything the world has ever seen” against Russia and Iran would a sensible solution, despite having branded himself as anti-warhawk. He thinks we forgot about GOP and Democrat support for Bush’s invasions.

The fact is that the lone holdouts for America’s invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq were Paul Wellstone (for Desert Storm) and Barbara Lee (for Afganistan and Iraq invasion 2).

Comment

I would love for him to actually do something good so we can test your theory.
                              I would too. So describe something he could do that you would call 'good'.

Comment