Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Does Anyone Else See The Humor Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

That reference was included with other BBC dramas including a comedy as well as various documentaries. I therefore fail [again] to see what relevance this comment has.
    I am not all surprised.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I am not all surprised.
      Your initial remark was, in point of fact, an irrelevance.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Your initial remark was, in point of fact, an irrelevance.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That reference was included with other BBC dramas including a comedy as well as various documentaries. I therefore fail [again] to see what relevance this comment has.
          Weren't you the one who posted a movie about the coming of age of a boy during the one of the first battles in the revolutionary war as evidence that many americans believe they beat the british without the help of the french?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Hmmm. Very interesting. I guess it depends on who's in charge of declaring what is and is not "fake news"
            Good grief. You are talking about a law that criminalizes reporting the truth of what Russia is doing in Ukraine. Truth is NOT relative - as perhaps some of you have come to believe.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Weren't you the one who posted a movie about the coming of age of a boy during the one of the first battles in the revolutionary war as evidence that many americans believe they beat the british without the help of the french?
              Correction. I posted a list of films that included April Morning.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Good grief. You are talking about a law that criminalizes reporting the truth of what Russia is doing in Ukraine. Truth is NOT relative - as perhaps some of you have come to believe.
                No. I believe you miss my point. I'm not talking about what is and isn't true. I'm talking about trusting people who decide what is and isn't true.

Comment

Correction. I posted a list of films that included April Morning.
                  There's no correction there. Everything I said was true.
                  Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 03-13-2022, 05:56 AM.

Comment

There's no correction there. Everything I said was true.
                    Yes dear, of course it is. I await you starting yet another thread about me in the Padded Room.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yes dear, of course it is. I await you starting yet another thread about me in the Padded Room.
                      Its not my fault you googleed a bunch of movies without doing research.

As for that last thread, you made a false claim as a means of trying to distract from backing up a statement. You lost all interest in tambour quote mining then.

Comment

No. I believe you miss my point. I'm not talking about what is and isn't true. I'm talking about trusting people who decide what is and isn't true.
                        A prerequisite for life. It is impossible to know first hand what is actually true or false about most things we consider we 'know' about the world.

The only real power we have in that regard is in deciding who we will trust. And in that regard many here have dropped the ball, by trusting that which has proven itself to be untrustworthy.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Many on the left now boast of trusting truth over facts. That's because their "truth" doesn't always have the facts to support it. We saw the start of this trend back with Rathergate when we were introduced to the concept of "fake but accurate." Facts get disregarded as "hiding the truth."

Comment

A prerequisite for life. It is impossible to know first hand what is actually true or false about most things we consider we 'know' about the world.

The only real power we have in that regard is in deciding who we will trust. And in that regard many here have dropped the ball, by trusting that which has proven itself to be untrustworthy.
                            Again, here's my point. The humor here is that the left have been screaming for censorship. You've had Liz Warren pressuring Facebook to act as defacto censors. All of this is to protect people from "fake news" and "misinformation." They WANT that censorship. You yourself have defended censorship by third parties.

The right has called out the issues of censorship (while, yes, engaging in calls for it themselves).

Russia is now censoring people, using the same justification of "fake news" and "misinformation". And people, including you, recognize that this is wrong.

To me, I find this should be eye opening. Especially in light of the self-censorship of Hunters laptop, which was called disinformation, but has been shown to have been legitimate, but embarrassing for Biden.

Comment

Again, here's my point. The humor here is that the left have been screaming for censorship. You've had Liz Warren pressuring Facebook to act as defacto censors. All of this is to protect people from "fake news" and "misinformation." They WANT that censorship. You yourself have defended censorship by third parties.

The right has called out the issues of censorship (while, yes, engaging in calls for it themselves).

Russia is now censoring people, using the same justification of "fake news" and "misinformation". And people, including you, recognize that this is wrong.

To me, I find this should be eye opening. Especially in light of the self-censorship of Hunters laptop, which was called disinformation, but has been shown to have been legitimate, but embarrassing for Biden.
                              The left and MSM revealed there that what they claim is "misinformation" is often nothing more than something that embarrasses them

Comment

Especially in light of the self-censorship of Hunters laptop, which was called disinformation, but has been shown to have been legitimate, but embarrassing for Biden.
                                Just read this article about that. Interesting, though I'm not certain all of it is true. Meaning, some of his problems may be unrelated to the laptop.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/12/hunter...y-bankrupt/may be unrelated.

Comment