Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Corrupt BLM removed by Amazon from charities platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Do any lives matter in NYC? My wife and I had a visit to NYC on our bucket list for a while. Not anymore.
    Visiting NYC has been on my unbucket list for a long (decades) time.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Visiting NYC has been on my unbucket list for a long (decades) time.
      We wanted to see an Andrew Lloyd Webber Broadway musical, enjoy authentic NYC pastrami sandwiches, see Wall Street, the Statue of Liberty ... just all of the touristy things. But none of that is worth the pain of visiting a dysfunctional city.

Another bucket list item (of mine) that is gone forever, and was always too difficult to attain anyway, was to visit St. Basil's Cathedral. Moscow would be worse than NYC.

I'm still holding out hope to travel cross country in Canada, once the government there comes to its senses. I'm counting on Mossrose to see to that.

Comment

Looks like MSNBC has finally taken note of the leaders of BLM spending millions on huge mansions in gated communities while doing absolutely nothing to help those communities they pretended to champion. But being MSNBC, they have their own unique "spin."

On her show Cross Connection, Tiffany Cross acknowledged that the organization just spent $6 million in donated money to buy a mansion but then added "of course, the right has taken that and run with it. As we see black bodies continue to be harmed. They'd rather talk about that" implying that questioning the organization's murky finances is a distraction designed to "discredit" and "delegitimize" BLM.

But a bigger issue for Cross is that, in spite of her insistence to the contrary, it wasn't "the right" who broke and pushed the story, but rather a liberal black writer in the liberal New Yorker magazine. And as the article noted,

"Some of the harshest criticism of BLMGNF has come from within.Internal emails dating to 2016 show activists voicing concern about how donations were being spent and how the organization was being run, and frustrations only continued to mount."

So Cross can channel Hillary's claim of a "vast right wing conspiracy" behind this but the evidence speaks for itself.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Looks like MSNBC has finally taken note of the leaders of BLM spending millions on huge mansions in gated communities while doing absolutely nothing to help those communities they pretended to champion. But being MSNBC, they have their own unique "spin."

On her show Cross Connection, Tiffany Cross acknowledged that the organization just spent $6 million in donated money to buy a mansion but then added "of course, the right has taken that and run with it. As we see black bodies continue to be harmed. They'd rather talk about that" implying that questioning the organization's murky finances is a distraction designed to "discredit" and "delegitimize" BLM.

But a bigger issue for Cross is that, in spite of her insistence to the contrary, it wasn't "the right" who broke and pushed the story, but rather a liberal black writer in the liberal New Yorker magazine. And as the article noted,

"Some of the harshest criticism of BLMGNF has come from within.Internal emails dating to 2016 show activists voicing concern about how donations were being spent and how the organization was being run, and frustrations only continued to mount."

So Cross can channel Hillary's claim of a "vast right wing conspiracy" behind this but the evidence speaks for itself.
          Sounds like oxmixmudd's complaint. How DARE we pay attention to the large organization bilking people out of money than trying to get a handle on the ~30 unarmed black people killed by cops every year.

Comment