Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Peculiar and somewhat disturbing new facts about Bob Saget's death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peculiar and somewhat disturbing new facts about Bob Saget's death

Something doesn't Make Sense. Daily Wire. Autopsy details show head injuries much more extensive than one would expect from a simple trip-and-bump-the-head.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Source: Medical examiner: Bob Saget died from unseen blow to head

A medical examiner in Florida said Thursday that comedian Bob Saget died from an accidental blow to the head, likely from a backwards fall.

Saget was found dead Jan. 9 in a Florida hotel room. He’d performed in the area the night before as part of a stand-up tour.

A toxicology analysis didn’t show any illicit drugs or toxins in Saget’s body, according to a statement from Medical Examiner Joshua Stephany in Orlando.

An autopsy report released later Thursday showed that Saget had an abrasion on his scalp, a fracture at the base of his skull, fractures around his eye sockets, bleeding between the brain and tissue covering the brain as well as bruises to the brain. Saget was positive for COVID-19 but had no inflammation in his respiratory system, according to the report.

“His injuries were most likely incurred from an unwitnessed fall,” the statement said. “The manner of death is accident.”

The medical examiner’s conclusion was first announced by Saget’s family on Wednesday.

“The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma,” their statement said. “They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.”

[...]

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Given he had Covid, I'm a bit surprised that wasn't automatically included as a cause.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Something doesn't Make Sense. Daily Wire. Autopsy details show head injuries much more extensive than one would expect from a simple trip-and-bump-the-head.
      And yet what is originally thought to be a mere bump on the head can prove fatal. The tragic death of Natasha Richardson comes to mind. Her "tumble in the snow" led to an epidural haematoma.

The F1 racing driver Michael Schumacher was also left in a critical condition after he sustained serious head injuries in an off-piste skiing accident even though, unlike Richardson, he was wearing a ski helmet.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

“The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma,” their statement said. “They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.”

This is the part that makes me skeptical. How could someone bump his head hard enough to cause multiple fractures and a brain bleed and think nothing of it? Surely he had to be experiencing intense pain.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A drunken William Holden tripped and smacked his head on an end table. Other than dab the cut with tissues, he apparently didn't think it was serious enough to do anything about. He bled to death.

Comment

An interesting Twitter thread by an ER doc on the autopsy and how injuries like this can happen
            https://twitter.com/Supermansings/st...eZH_HX2kA&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              A drunken William Holden tripped and smacked his head on an end table. Other than dab the cut with tissues, he apparently didn't think it was serious enough to do anything about. He bled to death.
              A drunk guy, sure, but Saget was supposedly sober. I suppose it's plausible that the injury could have impaired his judgement, and he simply didn't realize how badly he was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A drunk guy, sure, but Saget was supposedly sober. I suppose it's plausible that the injury could have impaired his judgement, and he simply didn't realize how badly he was hurt.
                It also seems plausible the fall knocked him out cold and he then died because no one was around to sound the alarm.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's very plausible that bad of an injury caused confusion/fuzzy thinking.

Add that to the prescription medicine he was taking (trazodone is an anti-depressant and can be used to treat insomnia - aka a sleep aid; and clonazepam which is used for anxiety or seizures, and drowsiness is one of the main side effects), and he sadly likely fell, hurt himself that bad, and managed to get over to the bed and between the impaired thinking from the injury and effects of his prescriptions, never got back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

It also seems plausible the fall knocked him out cold and he then died because no one was around to sound the alarm.
                    No, because he was found in his bed, so presumably, he underestimated the extent of his injuries and decided to sleep it off.

Comment

The Daily Wire article notes that there were also fractures to the *front* of his head.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        The Daily Wire article notes that there were also fractures to the *front* of his head.
                        Gond's link goes into that sort of damage resulting from a blow to the back of the head. For instance:

The most common known signs of basilar skull fracture are raccoon eyes, battle’s sign and blood behind the tympanic membranes as well as CSF leaks from the nose or ears.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

IMO, Saget's head injury is worthy of note, but only if accompanied by other circumstances. Was his wallet emptied? Was he embroiled in a raucous affair? Did he owe someone a lot of money? Did he have an unhinged fan stalking him?

If no unusual circumstances were present in his day-to-day life, then there isn't any solid reason to suspect foul play. I don't believe a random head-thump-killer was hiding in his closet.

Comment

IMO, Saget's head injury is worthy of note, but only if accompanied by other circumstances. Was his wallet emptied? Was he embroiled in a raucous affair? Did he owe someone a lot of money? Did he have an unhinged fan stalking him?

If no unusual circumstances were present in his day-to-day life, then there isn't any solid reason to suspect foul play. I don't believe a random head-thump-killer was hiding in his closet.
                            A lot of questions could be answered if they can find what he hit his head on. It seems likely that any accident happened at home (if he was out there would be a higher chance he'd have it looked at before heading home), so they should find something with blood, skin, hair... on it before too long.

Comment

And would Saget crawl into bed to sleep it off after being brutally assaulted? Surely he would have called the police.

Comment