Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Do Leftists Hate The Convoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Leftists Hate The Convoy?

Why does the left hate this working class protest?

Last edited by seer; 02-12-2022, 11:35 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    It opposes thier side.

Comment

Not enough looting and burning and killing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It opposes thier side.
        But I though the left was all about the working class!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

The Obamessiah all but cut loose white working class or blue collar voters (too many clinging bitterly to their guns and Bibles I'd guess) in exchange for what was likened the "Obama Coalition" which was made up of Blacks, Hispanics, Women, Independents, Millennials and those with a college education.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The Obamessiah all but cut loose white working class or blue collar voters (too many clinging bitterly to their guns and Bibles I'd guess) in exchange for what was likened the "Obama Coalition" which was made up of Blacks, Hispanics, Women, Independents, Millennials and those with a college education.
            This is true, but I think this is deeper - it threatens the unholy alliance between big governments and big businesses - their control made be undermined.

Comment

All those fumes poking a hole in the ozone.

Comment

I'm not being sparky. I'm serious. The root cause of their hate is likely tribalism. The truckers are opposing their side, and must therefore be demonized.

Republicans do the same thing. The reaction to a bunch of BLM protests blocking a bridge would be met with howls of indignation.

Comment

I note your link is from a Rightwing perspective with Ezra Levant being described as a "far right political activist". It is therefore not overly balanced..

Nor do I not think it is merely "leftists" that are opposed to this. This sort of behaviour will hardly endear the protest to many ordinary people:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ccine-mandates

On Thursday, trucks circled the Ottawa airport, clogging traffic. People flooded the local 911 number with fake calls, and some tossed around the idea of parading outside schools. Elsewhere, some journalists have reported being followed, particularly at secondary staging camps outside of the downtown core.

I also read in that same article that the US Teamsters union has called for the protest to cease.

Then we get remarks like this:

It was definitely time to take a stand,” says Spencer Bautz, a 24-year-old who drove his truck here from Saskatchewan on day one. Dressed in a black cowboy hat, Bautz described vaccine mandates as “medical segregation” and argued that exclusions for the unvaccinated were an infringement of their freedoms. His views, he said, had been greatly informed by the thinking of the psychology professor and culture war provocateur Jordan Peterson.

We all of course know Prof. Peterson's credentials in epidemiology and virology are on a par with his expertise on climate models.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I note your link is from a Rightwing perspective with Ezra Levant being described as a "far right political activist". It is therefore not overly balanced..
                    So basically you are just another knee jerk elitist who hates the working class.

Comment

From what I hear, this protest is damaging both the US and Canadian auto industries.

So one might just as well ask, why is the right cheering it on?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

From what I hear, this protest is damaging both the US and Canadian auto industries.

For the same reason the left is opposing it, it is anti-government.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Because they're a covid cult. What does the trucker protests oppose? Covid mandates. Any opposition to any figure or government dictate related to covid is sacrilegious to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Because like I said above, we are all becoming aware of the unholy alliance between big governments and big businesses. Which BTW is the definition of Fascism.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Because they're a covid cult. What does the trucker protests oppose? Covid mandates. Any opposition to any figure or government dictate related to covid is sacrilegious to them.
                              Bingo!

Comment