Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    If China attacked us who would buy their stuff? Without the USA and Europe, China would become bankrupt.
    Without China, we would suddenly be deprived of many necessities like manufactured goods and medications. Certainly, any fallout between the US and China would hurt both nations, but I think the US would cry "Uncle!" first.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If China attacked us who would buy their stuff? Without the USA and Europe, China would become bankrupt.
      Tyrants are all too willing to destroy everything just as long as they remain on top. It's the philosophy expressed by Lucifer near the opening of Paradise Lost: "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• If you're surprised by this, then you just haven't been paying attention...

While Volodymyr Zelenskyy was on tour banging his tin cup for NATO donations, apparently his top government officials were skimming the books and building an extravagant life on the backs of the U.S. taxpayers. Slava Ukraini! However, on a brutally obvious note, I mean the wife of Zelenskyy went Christmas shopping in Paris and spent over €40,000 in a few hours on ritzy Avenue Montaigne. Where did people think she got that money?

In an effort to stop the embarrassing revelations of internal corruption from weakening support for the inbound flows of cash from corrupt U.S. officials, the government of Zelenskyy has begun getting rid of the officials who were stealing the war money.

But hey, don’t worry, remember, President Zelenskyy decreed rules making it illegal for any political opposition to exist; so, there’s nothing to worry about – just a seating rotation of the same corrupt group.
        ​​​​https://theconservativetreehouse.com...g-financial-gr

Comment

• It's amazing how you can go back prior to the war and find a plethora of MSM articles both about how there is a nazi problem in the ranks of the Ukraine military and how corrupt Ukraine is. Now that's treated as Russian propaganda.

Comment

• Indeed. It used to be common knowledge that Ukraine was basically ruled by organized crime. Now we're suddenly supposed to believe they're pure as the driven snow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Indeed. It used to be common knowledge that Ukraine was basically ruled by organized crime. Now we're suddenly supposed to believe they're pure as the driven snow.
              So many official US sleazebags have laundered money in Kiev that the whole thing is being buried by the complicit MSM. Just the suggestion that Ukraine be accountable for the money it receives is tantamount to "Putin puppetry" by the corruption class. They are running the show and there's nothing we can do about it, except watch our tax money disappear.

Comment

• One theory I've heard for this sudden shuffling of the deck chairs -- because let's face, it's not like Zelinksy is only now discovering that his own government is corrupt -- is to give others an opportunity to sit down at the trough and and get their cut of the graft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  If you're surprised by this, then you just haven't been paying attention...

While Volodymyr Zelenskyy was on tour banging his tin cup for NATO donations, apparently his top government officials were skimming the books and building an extravagant life on the backs of the U.S. taxpayers. Slava Ukraini! However, on a brutally obvious note, I mean the wife of Zelenskyy went Christmas shopping in Paris and spent over €40,000 in a few hours on ritzy Avenue Montaigne. Where did people think she got that money?

In an effort to stop the embarrassing revelations of internal corruption from weakening support for the inbound flows of cash from corrupt U.S. officials, the government of Zelenskyy has begun getting rid of the officials who were stealing the war money.

But hey, don’t worry, remember, President Zelenskyy decreed rules making it illegal for any political opposition to exist; so, there’s nothing to worry about – just a seating rotation of the same corrupt group.
                  ​​​​https://theconservativetreehouse.com...g-financial-gr

Yep! Are they any better than the Russians?

Ukraine Rocked By Corruption Scandal, Wave Of Top Officials Resign: Sports Cars, Mansions & Luxury Vacations As People Suffered

The Ukrainian government on Tuesday confirmed the resignation of multiple high ranking officials amid large-scale corruption allegations, in what's being called the biggest mass resignation and graft scandal since the Russian invasion began.

Some dozen officials have quit their posts after a huge political shake-up over allegations and probes into cases ranging from bribery, to mismanagement of aid funds for purchasing food, to embezzlement, to driving expensive cars while common people suffer under wartime conditions.

A top presidential adviser and four deputy ministers - among these two defense officials, along with five regional governors were forced out of their posts. And among the regional governors to step down included officials overseeing regions which have seen intense fighting, including the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson regions, where Russian forces have lately reported gains.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...-cars-mansions
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Describing this as the biggest instance of Ukrainian corruption "since the Russian invasion began" is a rather curious qualifier.

Of course this begs the question: when will Zelinsky be stepping down? After all, his own hands are just as dirty.

Comment

• "Both sides are equally corrupt" seems like a curious rationale for allowing one country to invade the other without consequence.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        "Both sides are equally corrupt" seems like a curious rationale for allowing one country to invade the other without consequence.
                        Corrupt governments invade each other all time, all over the world. It's just what corrupt governments do, and the United States shouldn't be expected to play the role of international police, especially when our point of contact is a weasel like Zelinsky who is using this war to enrich himself and his cronies, refusing all attempts to negotiate peace while his people continue to suffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          It's amazing how you can go back prior to the war and find a plethora of MSM articles both about how there is a nazi problem in the ranks of the Ukraine military and how corrupt Ukraine is. Now that's treated as Russian propaganda.
                          The defense of Biden going over to Ukraine and telling them to get rid of the prosecutor investigating Hunter's pay-to-play shenanigan's was that it wasn't about Hunter but rather dealing with a thoroughly corrupt kleptocracy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The defense of Biden going over to Ukraine and telling them to get rid of the prosecutor investigating Hunter's pay-to-play shenanigan's was that it wasn't about Hunter but rather dealing with a thoroughly corrupt kleptocracy.
                            That is their excuse. But that excuse is nonsense since we're supposed to believe Biden actually wanted a "better" prosecutor to investigate the company his son was working for for criminal activity. And now that we know (or at least have an idea) of the extent of Joe and Hunter's corruption makes that even more absurd.

The fact Biden a greenlighting hundreds of billions of tax payer money to Ukraine in light of his past connections to Ukraine is pretty disconcerting. The only thing that shields him is the fact that the other branch of federal government is also involved in that decision.

Comment

• U.S. will send Abrams tanks to Ukraine ahead of expected Russian offensive

United States to send 31 Abrams tanks, 500 armored vehicles to Ukraine to fight Russia

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/25/ukra...ams-tanks.html

https://notthebee.com/article/united...o-fight-russia
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                U.S. will send Abrams tanks to Ukraine ahead of expected Russian offensive

United States to send 31 Abrams tanks, 500 armored vehicles to Ukraine to fight Russia

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/25/ukra...ams-tanks.html

https://notthebee.com/article/united...o-fight-russia

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Absolutely no escalation happening.

Comment