Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A comment I read elsewhere:

Suppose the Democrats were deliberately trying to destroy the United States. What would they do differently? I honestly can't think of anything.
    Dems don't accept that though. They don't believe Biden admin is trying to destroy the country, but running a legit political campaign. So I really want them to explain to me what political strategy this is. 33 billion to a losing cause and a prolonged war that can't be won, and stagflation now infecting our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Dems don't accept that though. They don't believe Biden admin is trying to destroy the country, but running a legit political campaign. So I really want them to explain to me what political strategy this is. 33 billion to a losing cause and a prolonged war that can't be won, and stagflation now infecting our country.
      Joe claims we're seeing "enormous economic growth".

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...eased-n2606490
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I thought the hard right were supposed to be the sabre-rattlers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I get the sense that neither Russia nor NATO care what happens to the people of Ukraine. I'm not even sure if Zelinsky cares.
          At least in the case of the Russians, this has already been shown to be true.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I know the west doesn't care. They didn't care about our own citizens in Afghanistan, so why would anyone think they care about Ukrainians? As far as Zelensky, with all the lies and "green screen" appearances, I get the feeling he's content basking in the notoriety he's getting.
            As old Joe said while talking about his "outstanding success" in Afghanistan, all of those who wanted to get out, got out.

Comment

Whatever the outcome, Zelinsky is set for life.
              In that sense, reminiscent of Hamid Karzai.

Comment

He has pretty much been declaring that the economy is doing great all along. In the land of ice cream cones and pudding cups. old Joe sees his presidency as being an outstanding success.

Comment

Maybe the strategy is they want a "red wave" in November (barring rigging of course). Maybe they figure if the Reps take over control, riots will ensue nationwide, and that's the chaos they want. If the left has gotten this unhinged with Elon (who's a liberal) taking over twitter, imagine the freak-out that may occur across the country if the Reps take over the House.

Comment

Yes how dare we send aid to a country Russia is trying to massacre (who have held off over a month of Russian advances).

A country foolish enough to believe our promises we agreed to in order for them to give up their nuclear weapons.

Hilarious, right, anyone believing US agreements or promises, expecting us to keep to our word? Thats what little Kremlinites like you want, isnt it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Hilarious, right, anyone believing US agreements or promises, expecting us to keep to our word? Thats what little Kremlinites like you want, isnt it?
                      Have you reported the fools to the FBI yet, they are very likely Russian agents, especially MM. He spreads Russian propaganda and aims to undermine US democracy. Have they "found" election theft lie, it is a lie, true yet. We "watched this space" and found it to be an empty lie, you supporter of flies - not you G, but MM.

Comment

Yes how dare we send aid to a country Russia is trying to massacre (who have held off over a month of Russian advances).

A country foolish enough to believe our promises we agreed to in order for them to give up their nuclear weapons.

It shouldn't be cash aid, it should have been weapons and supplies, but this should have happened before the war ever started when they knew Russia was deploying troops at the border spring of last year. But, as you pointed out, for some strange reason, Biden admin obstructed that plan. Now it's too late. The cash will likely just end up in the hands of corrupt Ukrainian officials right before they flee the country at the end. Moreover (though I don't really care, since it just hurts the democrats politically), it just looks bad to Americans giving all this cash aid to corrupt Ukrainian officials (and I'm sure we'll find this out at the end of the conflict and the dust settles) when their own country is in economic dire straits.

Comment

It shouldn't be cash aid, it should have been weapons and supplies, but this should have happened before the war ever started when they knew Russia was deploying troops at the border spring of last year. But, as you pointed out, for some strange reason, Biden admin obstructed that plan. Now it's too late. The cash will likely just end up in the hands of corrupt Ukrainian officials right before they flee the country at the end. Moreover (though I don't really care, since it just hurts the democrats politically), it just looks bad to Americans giving all this cash aid to corrupt Ukrainian officials (and I'm sure we'll find this out at the end of the conflict and the dust settles) when their own country is in economic dire straits.
                          You.... do understand that most of what we've sent is material aid? Not cash. Even Bidens 33 billion he just requested is 20 billion in artillery, armored vehicles, anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles, intelligence gathering, etc.. (the rest IIRC is humanitarian supplies, etc.). Not "cash aid". Nice propaganda rant tho, tell Vlad it was cure.

Comment

You.... do understand that most of what we've sent is material aid? Not cash. Even Bidens 33 billion he just requested is 20 billion in artillery, armored vehicles, anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles, intelligence gathering, etc.. (the rest IIRC is humanitarian supplies, etc.). Not "cash aid". Nice propaganda rant tho, tell Vlad it was cure.
                            About $10 or so billion is cash aid. That's a nice chunk for a corrupt official. I believe Hamid Karzai ran off with mere millions, or as much as he could carry on his person.

Comment

Maybe the strategy is they want a "red wave" in November (barring rigging of course). Maybe they figure if the Reps take over control, riots will ensue nationwide, and that's the chaos they want. If the left has gotten this unhinged with Elon (who's a liberal) taking over twitter, imagine the freak-out that may occur across the country if the Reps take over the House.
                              Or they'll wait for the Republicans to take control, and then they'll start telling the truth about the actual state of the US while blaming it on Republicans.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Or they'll wait for the Republicans to take control, and then they'll start telling the truth about the actual state of the US while blaming it on Republicans.
                                It will be too late by then. Economy and market are already falling apart and we've just started the meltdown. By November it will full-on crisis, and the more Biden and democrats try and gaslight America about it, the more insane they'll look.

Comment