Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I think he is crafty and knows that he can play on the world's fear of nuclear war to keep them from interfering with his plans. He is a bully and knows how to use fear. The more the world keeps backing down and acting scared, the bolder he gets.
    But the world doesn't appear to be backing down or acting scared. I just linked to an article stating Germany has reversed course and is sending heavy military equipment to Ukraine, in spite of Putin's threats. Biden admin is now proposing a massive $33 billion package to Ukraine to help extend the war, and has expanded our naval force in the area. UK apparently has troops on the ground in Ukraine.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

But the world doesn't appear to be backing down or acting scared. I just linked to an article stating Germany has reversed course and is sending heavy military equipment to Ukraine, in spite of Putin's threats. Biden admin is now proposing a massive $33 billion package to Ukraine to help extend the war, and has expanded our naval force in the area. UK apparently has troops on the ground in Ukraine.
      Good for them. Maybe that is why Putin is upping the threats. Everyone backed down last time he made threats and wouldn't send in planes or offensive weapons. Maybe Putin thinks more threats will make them back down.

Comment

Good for them. Maybe that is why Putin is upping the threats. Everyone backed down last time he made threats and wouldn't send in planes or offensive weapons. Maybe Putin thinks more threats will make them back down.
        Germany apparently was reluctant not because the threat of nukes but because of their energy dependent situation. I do also remember an incident with Poland when it looked like US was trying to set them up with a transfer of planes to Ukraine, and Poland had to come out and clarify what the arrangement actually was. Other than that, I don't recall ever a time when the war began the west's reluctance to escalate it by sending funds and weapons, though I do recall the west's reluctance to get directly involved, though that seems to be waning as well, at least with UK.

Comment

Germany apparently was reluctant not because the threat of nukes but because of their energy dependent situation. I do also remember an incident with Poland when it looked like US was trying to set them up with a transfer of planes to Ukraine, and Poland had to come out and clarify what the arrangement actually was. Other than that, I don't recall ever a time when the war began the west's reluctance to escalate it by sending funds and weapons, though I do recall the west's reluctance to get directly involved, though that seems to be waning as well, at least with UK.
          refusal establishing a no fly zone. not giving them offensive weapons and planes.

Comment

refusal establishing a no fly zone. not giving them offensive weapons and planes.
            I said I do recall them being reluctant at direct involvement. A no-fly zone is direct involvement.

Comment

I suspect Putin is upping his threats because Blinken said that military sites inside Russia are legitimate targets for the Ukraine military. Blinken should keep his "blinken" mouth shut. That's not his call to make.

Comment

I get the sense that neither Russia nor NATO care what happens to the people of Ukraine. I'm not even sure if Zelinsky cares.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I suspect Putin is upping his threats because Blinken said that military sites inside Russia are legitimate targets for the Ukraine military. Blinken should keep his "blinken" mouth shut. That's not his call to make.
                  The US State Department has been orchestrating this war from the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I get the sense that neither Russia nor NATO care what happens to the people of Ukraine. I'm not even sure if Zelinsky cares.
                    I know the west doesn't care. They didn't care about our own citizens in Afghanistan, so why would anyone think they care about Ukrainians? As far as Zelensky, with all the lies and "green screen" appearances, I get the feeling he's content basking in the notoriety he's getting.

Comment

I know the west doesn't care. They didn't care about our own citizens in Afghanistan, so why would anyone think they care about Ukrainians? As far as Zelensky, with all the lies and "green screen" appearances, I get the feeling he's content basking in the notoriety he's getting.
                      Whatever the outcome, Zelinsky is set for life.

Comment

• Interesting look at the latest Kremlin talking points that got shipped out today apparently.....

Comment

• So about that $33 billion that Joe wants to spend on Ukraine...

Psaki stated the Biden demand for more money “is not all for Ukraine, it’s also for some of our Eastern European partners and others to help support them during this time as well.” Wait, now we are paying to subsidize the economy of EU countries while our own economy is contracting?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ore-toward-it/

We should not be acting as the world's police force or their piggy bank!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                            Interesting look at the latest Kremlin talking points that got shipped out today apparently.....
                            Mind sharing? Not all of us have a direct line to Russian propaganda like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              So about that $33 billion that Joe wants to spend on Ukraine...

Psaki stated the Biden demand for more money “is not all for Ukraine, it’s also for some of our Eastern European partners and others to help support them during this time as well.” Wait, now we are paying to subsidize the economy of EU countries while our own economy is contracting?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ore-toward-it/

We should not be acting as the world's police force or their piggy bank!
                              $33 billion to a foreign country to prolong a war that Ukrainians can't win, in the midst of our own runaway inflation and our economy now retracting at the same time. I wish a Biden fanboy would explain that to me. Is this some sort of midterm strategy?

Comment

$33 billion to a foreign country to prolong a war that Ukrainians can't win, in the midst of our own runaway inflation and our economy now retracting at the same time. I wish a Biden fanboy would explain that to me. Is this some sort of midterm strategy?
                                A comment I read elsewhere:

Suppose the Democrats were deliberately trying to destroy the United States. What would they do differently? I honestly can't think of anything.

Comment