Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This is curious:

It seems that NATO had told Zelinsky privately that Ukraine was never going to become a partner, but their public stance was that the door would always remain open. Later, Joe Biden made a public statement saying that Ukraine was free to become a NATO partner any time they wanted. The Biden administration was also feeding information to China that Ukraine was going to join NATO knowing that this information would be passed directly to Putin who had been very clear that he did not want a NATO partner on Russia's border. Add it all together, and it certainly looks like Putin was baited into attacking.

But why would Joe do this? Obviously to cover his administrative failures (for instance, blaming rising gas prices and inflation on Russia) and as a catalyst to strongly push the liberal agenda (for instance, green energy). They were also hoping Joe would get a bump in his approval rating as a "wartime president", which hasn't happened. Are Joe and the Democrats really evil enough to instigate a foreign war for their own political benefit? Yes, I believe they are.

The only thing I haven't figured out is why Zelinsky is playing along with it.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...nvade-ukraine/
    They missed the most important part when Kamala went to Germany along with Zelensky just days before the invasion and told everyone how great NATO was and how great it would be to have Ukraine in NATO. That seems to have been the definitive trigger.

Comment

seanD made no reference to Zelinsky's heritage, you idiot, so claiming that he's antisemitic doesn't qualify as a stretch but as an accusation plucked out of thin air.
      Obviously Gond is a dog, because he heard a dog-whistle in "weasel."
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

This is curious:

It seems that NATO had told Zelinsky privately that Ukraine was never going to become a partner, but their public stance was that the door would always remain open. Later, Joe Biden made a public statement saying that Ukraine was free to become a NATO partner any time they wanted. The Biden administration was also feeding information to China that Ukraine was going to join NATO knowing that this information would be passed directly to Putin who had been very clear that he did not want a NATO partner on Russia's border. Add it all together, and it certainly looks like Putin was baited into attacking.

But why would Joe do this? Obviously to cover his administrative failures (for instance, blaming rising gas prices and inflation on Russia) and as a catalyst to strongly push the liberal agenda (for instance, green energy). They were also hoping Joe would get a bump in his approval rating as a "wartime president", which hasn't happened. Are Joe and the Democrats really evil enough to instigate a foreign war for their own political benefit? Yes, I believe they are.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...nvade-ukraine/
        Hmmm... curiousor and curiousor...

In a recent meeting with CEOs, Joe says that in every crisis there is an opportunity and that "Now is the time when things are shifting, there’s going to be a New World Order out there, we’ve got to lead it, and we’ve got to unite the rest of the free world while doing it."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...w-world-order/

As I'm sure some here recall, early on in this conflict, Ukrainian member of parliament Kira Rudik told FOX News, "We know that we not only fight for Ukraine, we fight for this New World Order for the Democratic countries."

https://www.newswars.com/ukrainian-m...w-world-order/

I have trouble believing this is all just a coincidence, and it would seem to answer the question I posed earlier about why Zelinsky was playing along with the US and NATO deliberately goading Putin into a war with Ukraine.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This is curious:

It seems that NATO had told Zelinsky privately that Ukraine was never going to become a partner, but their public stance was that the door would always remain open. Later, Joe Biden made a public statement saying that Ukraine was free to become a NATO partner any time they wanted. The Biden administration was also feeding information to China that Ukraine was going to join NATO knowing that this information would be passed directly to Putin who had been very clear that he did not want a NATO partner on Russia's border.
          But Russia already has NATO states on its border with the Baltic states.

Add it all together, and it certainly looks like Putin was baited into attacking.

I view it more as incompetence.

Comment

• Gutfeld's wife is Russian and her mom was married to a Ukranian. (He died of Covid relatively recently.) Fox News people were intimately involved in getting MIL out of Ukraine several days ago. Gutfeld has in-laws in both Ukraine and Russia, so he has a lot of personal interest. Even he isn't sure who or what to believe. Last night he said the more he reads, the less he knows.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              Gutfeld's wife is Russian and her mom was married to a Ukranian. (He died of Covid relatively recently.) Fox News people were intimately involved in getting MIL out of Ukraine several days ago. Gutfeld has in-laws in both Ukraine and Russia, so he has a lot of personal interest. Even he isn't sure who or what to believe. Last night he said the more he reads, the less he knows.
              The fog of war. We probably won't know the full story until well after the fighting stops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

But Russia already has NATO states on its border with the Baltic states.

I view it more as incompetence.
                The point is, Putin had made it clear on a numbet of occasions that he did not want Ukraine to become a part of NATO, Zelinsky had been told privately that Ukraine would never become a part of NATO, and yet Joe went out of his way to make Russia think it was going to happen, including feeding false information to China knowing it would be shared with Putin. I don't see how that can be dismissed as mere incompetence.

Comment

The point is, Putin had made it clear on a numbet of occasions that he did not want Ukraine to become a part of NATO, Zelinsky had been told privately that Ukraine would never become a part of NATO, and yet Joe went out of his way to make Russia think it was going to happen, including feeding false information to China knowing it would be shared with Putin. I don't see how that can be dismissed as mere incompetence.
                  There are definitely some hidden elements concerning recent Ukraine history and this war - not the least of which concern the Biden family (I still think it is really weird that Hunter Biden was included on Putin's sanction list). But, again, I just don't give Sleepy Joe that much credit for this sort of complicated intrigue. He's not that bright.

Comment

There are definitely some hidden elements concerning recent Ukraine history and this war - not the least of which concern the Biden family (I still think it is really weird that Hunter Biden was included on Putin's sanction list). But, again, I just don't give Sleepy Joe that much credit for this sort of complicated intrigue. He's not that bright.
                    Remember, it's not just Joe. There is definitely a shadow administration at work behind the scenes.

Comment

Even if you don't want to go any further than just US politics in his decision making, I don't think that many folks actually believe Mr. Braindead is calling the shots.

Comment

Remember, it's not just Joe. There is definitely a shadow administration at work behind the scenes.
                        It's really not that shadowy. You just look at what he's doing and who it benefits. Obviously he's doing things that benefits climate change policy, even at the expense of the US and its economy. His admin is even openly admitting that this situation is the perfect way to move from fossil fuels to clean energy. Who are the biggest promoters of climate change policy? You have to look passed AOC and the progressives and think bigger, because the biggest promoters are global elites, the Davos crowd. Those are facts anyone can see. Progressives are just the useful idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

It's really not that shadowy. You just look at what he's doing and who it benefits. Obviously he's doing things that benefits climate change policy, even at the expense of the US and its economy. His admin is even openly admitting that this situation is the perfect way to move from fossil fuels to clean energy. Who are the biggest promoters of climate change policy? You have to look passed AOC and the progressives and think bigger, because the biggest promoters are global elites, the Davos crowd. Those are facts anyone can see. Progressives are just the useful idiots.
                          But none of that proves he (or his shadowy cabal) provoked Putin into invading Ukraine.

Comment

But none of that proves he (or his shadowy cabal) provoked Putin into invading Ukraine.
                            They clearly had a hand in provoking the invasion, as I and MM pointed out. What kind of dummy invites Zelensky to a meeting right after you had just given the world warnings that an invasion by Russia was imminent and gives a speech about joining NATO days before the invasion? I don't believe the Biden admin is that dumb.

Comment

I suppose the only way to definitively prove it is for Putin to say that's why he invaded, but there is sufficient evidence to reasonably conclude it.

Comment

I suppose the only way to definitively prove it is for Putin to say that's why he invaded, but there is sufficient evidence to reasonably conclude it.
                                Putin is claiming various reasons, and NATO membership is one of them. If that was his only reason, he could say now "Biden lied and said Ukraine was going to join. Now that I discover that was never going to happen, Russian forces can pull out."

More important than what Putin is saying is what he's not saying... now. He told Trump that he never accepted Ukraine being independent of Russia. That's probably his biggest reason.

Comment