Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday, the Russians reminded the Ukraine government to set their alarm clocks so they did not miss the invasion. Today the Russian government asks the Biden administration for the invasion dates, they plan to use this year, so that Moscow can coordinate the vacation plans of key military and government officials.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...cow-officials/

But hey, no more mean tweets, right, guys? Right?

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It looks like Putin will attack. Worst case: We apply draconian sanctions, they cyber attack our energy infrastructure - natural gas and electricity delivery systems - total war...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        It looks like Putin will attack. Worst case: We apply draconian sanctions, they cyber attack our energy infrastructure - natural gas and electricity delivery systems - total war...
        So, no chance of nukes? That's a relief.

Comment

Apparently Kamala's recent visit with the two countries was with the sole purpose of instigating war.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

So, no chance of nukes? That's a relief.
            I suspect it will remain conventional, until...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Apparently Kamala's recent visit with the two countries was with the sole purpose of instigating war.
              Either she's extremely bad at diplomacy, or she indeed instigated it. Classic wag the dog scenario says the latter.

Comment

It's almost like he waited for old Joe's keepers to start boasting how they halted the conflict.

f8b900fb-d32c-430c-b9df-7ce92248384d.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So it begins...

Russia-Ukraine: World reacts as Putin orders troops into Ukraine

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ru...asion-imminent

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    I still think there will be some alternate solution. Like, Ukraine will drop all claims to Crimea - in writing. Or agree to a vote in east Ukraine about joining Russia (they do have a majority in spots) so some already occupied areas will switch over.
                    I still see something like the above happening. Russia already has a couple of satellite territories in Abkhazia, South Ossetia and eastern Moldova. They aren't world news because they're old occupations in peculiar enclaves. My prediction is east Ukraine will end up like one of these, whether Ukraine agrees to it or not.

Comment

I still see something like the above happening. Russia already has a couple of satellite territories in Abkhazia, South Ossetia and eastern Moldova. They aren't world news because they're old occupations in peculiar enclaves. My prediction is east Ukraine will end up like one of these, whether Ukraine agrees to it or not.
                      Thing is, Russia was amassing their troops on the border around spring of last year, yet it wasn't hyped anywhere near as it is now. But all of a sudden, inflation's not receding but getting worse, Biden's approval rating continues to plummet, midterms around the corner, and polls are showing discontent in the economy and his leadership, so a war that the nation can rally around obviously works in Biden admin's favor. So since escalation works in their favor, I would expect them to continue prodding and provoking all they can.

Comment

So it begins...

Russia-Ukraine: World reacts as Putin orders troops into Ukraine

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ru...asion-imminent
                        B-but, it's a "peace-keeping" force.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          B-but, it's a "peace-keeping" force.

You spelt piece wrong.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Next on Putin's agenda... the Baltic States.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Thing is, Russia was amassing their troops on the border around spring of last year, yet it wasn't hyped anywhere near as it is now. But all of a sudden, inflation's not receding but getting worse, Biden's approval rating continues to plummet, midterms around the corner, and polls are showing discontent in the economy and his leadership, so a war that the nation can rally around obviously works in Biden admin's favor. So since escalation works in their favor, I would expect them to continue prodding and provoking all they can.
                              That explains Biden's focus, but not the rest of Europe and the MSM focusing on it.

From the media perspective, I see it more as dogpiling and ratings. They analyze this stuff to death to see what news topics get the most clicks. Ukraine is the winner now that the convoy has left Ottawa. Europe is uneasy because Russia is so close and Putin is a threatening figure.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Next on Putin's agenda... the Baltic States.
                                I don't see it. The Baltic States are part of NATO (which Putin obviously respects or he wouldn't be making such a big deal out of it in regard to Ukraine) and he hasn't made much noise about the Baltics in the past.

IIRC, only a small section of east Latvia has a sizeable Russian population, and they've been quiet.

Also, Putin is now claiming that Ukraine should never have been given "nation" status because it was never a successful nation on its own (which is baloney). He can't make the same claim about the Baltics.

Comment