Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    I think everyone is overlooking that China is enabling Putin to do this.

Their goals:
    1. Test case for when they make demands on/invade Taiwan
    2. Keep eyes on Europe and off Asia
    I'm not sure Putin could be doing this without China support.
    3. in the hopes that we end up embroiled in this and commit to some sort of action, weakening any response to an invasion of Taiwan.

Comment

I think everyone is overlooking that China is enabling Putin to do this.

Their goals:
      1. Test case for when they make demands on/invade Taiwan
      2. Keep eyes on Europe and off Asia
      I'm not sure Putin could be doing this without China support.
      I think that is a major factor in Putin not invading during the Olympics. He wants to keep Xi happy especially after the various sanctions get put in place.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

3. in the hopes that we end up embroiled in this and commit to some sort of action, weakening any response to an invasion of Taiwan.
        Good point.

Which is also why I wouldn't be surprised to see that some of the money supporting the trucker convoys is coming from China as well. Let's format some domestic unrest at the same time. It is interesting the interest in the convoy increased as tension over Ukraine increased.

Not saying the convoy participants are Chinese government agents. Saying the Chinese government is trying to make an existing protest more dramatic.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

4. It's all a shell game by our own government to distract from the disastrously terrible job Joe and the Democrats are doing.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-14-2022, 08:53 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky invited his American counterpart Joe Biden to Kyiv to see for himself the absence of any imminent threat of war in a conversation on Sunday after telling reporters officials in his country had no evidence to support the “panic” in the White House about an allegedly imminent Russian invasion.

[...]

Despite no evidence of any changes on the ground, National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan said on Friday that the possibility of another Russian invasion of Ukraine beginning before the end of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics this week was “credible.”

“It could be more limited, it could be more expansive, but there are very real possibilities that it will involve the seizure of a significant amount of territory in Ukraine and the seizure of major cities, including the capital city,” Sullivan said.

Zelensky, the head of the Ukrainian government, strongly refuted these statements on Saturday.

“Right now, the people’s biggest enemy is panic in our country. And all this information is only provoking panic and not helping us,” Zelensky lamented, adding that his government was aware “that the risks are there” but nonetheless baffled by the “panic” from the United States.

“If you or anyone has any additional information about a 100-percent chance of an invasion,” Zelensky told reporters, “give it to us.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-come-to-kyiv/

It seems Zelinsky isn't buying the State Department's "just trust us" argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

4. It's all a shell game by our own government to distract from the disastrously terrible job Joe and the Democrats are doing.
              Well, there certainly are plenty of historical examples of governments using foreign issues to distract from domestic ones. In this case, there may be flame behind all the smoke. At this time, I'm undecided but won't discount the Biden administration and their cohorts in the MSM being guilty of exaggerating the threat.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Well, there certainly are plenty of historical examples of governments using foreign issues to distract from domestic ones. In this case, there may be flame behind all the smoke. At this time, I'm undecided but won't discount the Biden administration and their cohorts in the MSM being guilty of exaggerating the threat.
                Considering that Zelinsky seems almost wholly unconcerned, I think that is most likely.

Comment

It's called "diversionary theory of war," and it couldn't be anymore evident in this case, especially in light of how hard the Biden admin is creating a war hysteria scenario. And all the neocons Reps in the House going along with it are essentially giving the Biden admin cover.

Comment

Putin announces that military exercises have been concluded as scheduled, that troops will be heading home, and mocks Joe for his paranoia. Expect Democrats to announce that Putin was intimidated into not invading despite zero evidence that an invasion was ever going to happen.

Comment

"Look! Over there! Something shiny!" Ooops.

Now Biden will have to look for a new distraction.

Comment

Despite the fact that Putin never had any plans to invade Ukraine and is in the process of winding down military exercises, Joe is still talking tough, telling Putin, "Don't you dare invade Ukraine!"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ladimir-putin/

Comment

If Putin is really winding down his military, I wonder what he got in a secret deal with Biden and the Europeans?

Comment

If Putin is really winding down his military, I wonder what he got in a secret deal with Biden and the Europeans?
                            Been hearing that he's pulled back some land troops but moved up a bunch of attack helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Despite the fact that Putin never had any plans to invade Ukraine and is in the process of winding down military exercises, Joe is still talking tough, telling Putin, "Don't you dare invade Ukraine!"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ladimir-putin/
                              Like the little "tough" dog that nips at your heels while you casually walk away.

Comment

Assurances about Crimea? Putin was demanding things in writing so I'm not sure anything Biden or European leaders could say would appease him.

Comment