Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You say "demonstrable", but we have no independent verification of what the The New York Times is reporting. What we have, instead, are one or two people, supposedly Russian military, commenting on the whole of the Russian operation, and documents from Ukraine that they claim are Russian in origin, but again, we have no way of verifying their authenticity, and I'm not inclined to simply The New York Times at its word.
    So you still have nothing. Got it.

I don't care what a whackjob like you is inclined to believe. You lap up pap from CTH, so it's clear you'll consume any bullcrap that supports your pro-Putin ideology.

NYT backed up their story with evidence. You've done nada. I'll go with them, hun.

And seriously, what is it with you are your toe licking fetish? Is there something you would like to tell us?
    Sure thing Hypatia. Whatever you say, Hypatia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      NYT backed up their story with evidence.
      Maybe. Maybe not. We have no way of independently confirming anything they say, and it reads so much like the early "botched invasion" propaganda that turned to be not exactly true that I think any reasonable person will be skeptical.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Maybe. Maybe not. We have no way of independently confirming anything they say, and it reads so much like the early "botched invasion" propaganda that turned to be not exactly true that I think any reasonable person will be skeptical.
        No 'maybe' about it. It's there for anyone to examine. The only one spewing propaganda here is you.

Comment

No 'maybe' about it. It's there for anyone to examine. The only one spewing propaganda here is you.
          Maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post
            As a side note I do not believe the reports that Putin is sick, does anyone here believe he is?
            This looks like one major sicko. Supposedly, this kind of rocking denotes psychological problems ... perhaps. But it's more likely an early symptom of his suspected Parkinson's. He would have been 47 during the 1936 Olympics.

The officer next to him with the binoculars moves his chair back. He probably didn't like the Fuhrer rubbing his leg.

Comment

No 'maybe' about it. It's there for anyone to examine.
              Yes, maybe. Let's think about this for a moment: Do you really believe there are so many high ranking Russians and common military men who would be so willing to risk their lives by openly denouncing a maniac like Putin who has been known to have men killed simply for looking at him the wrong way? This is one of those cases where something looks like a lie not because of a lack of detail, but because of an over abundance.

Comment

• Interesting article, if true

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Ukraine.html

China's Xi Jinping 'demanded a written explanation from Putin on how and when he planned to end the war in Ukraine', says Telegram which claims to have links to Vladimir's bodyguards

Chinese premier Xi Jinping has demanded a letter from Vladimir Putin detailing how and when he will end the war with Ukraine, it has been claimed.

The Russian despot was allegedly asked the exact dates he intends to end the bloody conflict by his Chinese counterpart, who threatened to halt communications unless he received a response.

Telegram channel General SVR, which has alleged links to the Kremlin and Putin's bodyguards, said Dmitry Medvedev was dispatched yesterday to Beijing 'as a postman' to deliver his leader's response to Xi.

The unverified channel is reportedly authored by an exiled Kremlin lieutenant-general, known by the alias Viktor Mikhailovich, and it has made a series of anti-Putin claims throughout the war...

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

What is your point? It doesn't make sense they intentionally meant to kill civilians because that doesn't work in their favor.
                  lol what are you talking about? Do have you read a single piece or watched a single video of Russian state media? Non-stop calls for genocide, including nuclear attacks on Berlin and Washington. The Kremlin's explicit goals at the start of the war was to ethnically cleanse Ukraine, forcibly Russify it and "punish" its citizens for its "crimes" against Russia.

They are doing damage out of spite. It doesn't make sense to you because you think murder has to be the side-effect of a rational strategic goal when in fact Putin is just trying to cause as much misery as possible, both for Ukraine and for European countries via waves of refugees.

You could also argue that this has a long term strategic goal of trying to get Ukraine to concede to territory losses. It has the opposite effect IRL but we're talking about Putin, not Sun Tzu.

The attacks started before Ukraine bombed the Kerch bridge, the timing is likely a coincidence.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Interesting article, if true

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Ukraine.html

China's Xi Jinping 'demanded a written explanation from Putin on how and when he planned to end the war in Ukraine', says Telegram which claims to have links to Vladimir's bodyguards

Chinese premier Xi Jinping has demanded a letter from Vladimir Putin detailing how and when he will end the war with Ukraine, it has been claimed.

The Russian despot was allegedly asked the exact dates he intends to end the bloody conflict by his Chinese counterpart, who threatened to halt communications unless he received a response.

Telegram channel General SVR, which has alleged links to the Kremlin and Putin's bodyguards, said Dmitry Medvedev was dispatched yesterday to Beijing 'as a postman' to deliver his leader's response to Xi.

The unverified channel is reportedly authored by an exiled Kremlin lieutenant-general, known by the alias Viktor Mikhailovich, and it has made a series of anti-Putin claims throughout the war...
                    I don't see Xi caring very much so I suspect the accuracy of the report.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• People are waaaay to obsessed with Russia, Russia, Russia.

Source: https://www.ibtimes.com/chinas-aircraft-carrier-sails-close-guam-first-time-warning-us-over-taiwan-3652150

China's Aircraft Carrier Sails Close To Guam For First Time In Warning To US Over Taiwan

KEY POINTS

1. Chinese aircraft carrier Liaoning had also participated in a joint naval drill with Russian forces
                      2. When the Liaoning was near Guam, the Chinese military conducted combat exercises around Taiwan
                      3. Guam is a major forward operating base for the U.S. to confront threats posed by China, Russia and North Korea

Amid escalating tensions in the Indo-Pacific, China for the first time sailed its Liaoning aircraft carrier group close to the U.S. military base on Guam in a move that is seen as a warning to Washington over Taiwan.

Japan confirmed Thursday that the Chinese fleet, led by the aircraft carrier Liaoning, had transited to the south, near the western edge of the territory the U.S. claims as part of the remote island of Guam, according to U.S. News & World Report.

This is the first time a Chinese aircraft carrier group has been seen sailing close to the Pacific island of Guam, Chinese state-backed Global Times reported. It claimed it demonstrates the PLA navy's ability to defend against U.S. attacks and military interference in Taiwan.

Tensions between Taiwan and China have been high since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit to Taipei in August. China responded to it by ordering several days of military drills around the island, which Beijing has vowed to "reunify" by force if necessary.

The Chinese aircraft carrier group also included the Type 055 destroyer Wuxi, Type 052D destroyer Chengdu, Type 054A frigate Zaozhuang and Type 901 replenishment ship Hulunhu. They were conducting exercises in the West Pacific since entering the region on Dec. 16, the Global Times reported, citing a press release from Japan's Ministry of Defense Joint Staff.

Liaoning was part of China's joint military drill with Russia in the East China Sea last week.

When the Liaoning aircraft carrier group was near Guam on Sunday, the Chinese military conducted "record-breaking" joint combat patrols and fire strike exercises around the island of Taiwan, the report said.

Along with its aircraft carrier, China claimed its DF-26 intermediate-range ballistic missile and H-6K bomber with air-launched standoff missiles are capable of striking targets at the U.S. military base located in Guam.

© Copyright Original Source

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                        People are waaaay to obsessed with Russia, Russia, Russia.
                        Correct China is the greater threat - but we would destroy them in battle...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Whatever you wish to think
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

With our new corp of correct pronoun using white supremacist hunting troops?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• If China attacked us who would buy their stuff? Without the USA and Europe, China would become bankrupt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                If China attacked us who would buy their stuff? Without the USA and Europe, China would become bankrupt.
                                I can't see China attacking us militarily. But they can strangle us economically, or pressure us into positions we do not want to take.

The fact China has so far resisted invading Taiwan has much to do with wanting to avoid conflict with the US. There isn't much else discouraging them.

Comment