Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Deploys Aircraft Carrier On China’s Doorstep As Taiwan Tensions Ramp Up

The USS Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group has been redeployed to the South China Sea following a visit to Singapore, resuming operations in the area despite recent tension between the US and China, Reuters reported Thursday.

The strike group “is continuing normal, scheduled operations as part of her routine patrol in support of a free and open Indo-Pacific,” Commander Hayley Sims told Reuters. This return comes during an extended diplomatic battle between the United States and China regarding a potential visit by Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, according to Reuters.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/28/u...JkNT4E2RbnhUXg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      US Deploys Aircraft Carrier On China’s Doorstep As Taiwan Tensions Ramp Up

The USS Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group has been redeployed to the South China Sea following a visit to Singapore, resuming operations in the area despite recent tension between the US and China, Reuters reported Thursday.

The strike group “is continuing normal, scheduled operations as part of her routine patrol in support of a free and open Indo-Pacific,” Commander Hayley Sims told Reuters. This return comes during an extended diplomatic battle between the United States and China regarding a potential visit by Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, according to Reuters.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/28/u...JkNT4E2RbnhUXg
      Supposedly old Joe and Xi are supposed to be talking today. Hopefully this comes up and its one of Joe's better days and he understands what's going on around him and doesn't start regalling everyone about one of his made up adventures. I mean, this is how wars start.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

and doesn't start regalling everyone about one of his made up adventures.
        Like when he took on the whole Chinese army single handedly...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Like when he took on the whole Chinese army single handedly...
          Or when he and Xi travelled 17,000 miles around the foothills of the Himalayas, while deciding on a one-word definition of America.

Comment

Well she is hot, so...
            And Zelinksy has all the money he needs to treat her right, courtesy of the United States taxpayer.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Supposedly old Joe and Xi are supposed to be talking today. Hopefully this comes up and its one of Joe's better days and he understands what's going on around him and doesn't start regalling everyone about one of his made up adventures. I mean, this is how wars start.
              Joe doesn't have a clue how to negotiate with China, and they happily take advantage of his ignorance every single time he sits down at the bargaining table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                To show how out of touch he is, and how little he actually cares about the citizens being hurt in this protracted war, Zelinsky and his wife take time out of their busy schedules to pose for glamour photos for Vogue's digital magazine. I found this picture especially tasteless:

Screenshot_20220727_184708.jpg

Nothing says "We care about the common man" more than posing in a designer jacket while two soldier stand like props in the background.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ry-is-invaded/
                I don't recall seeing similar criticisms from you toward Melania Trump. Curious.....

Comment

Gondwanaland no snarky comeback? Not even a petulant, "Okay, so I was wrong, but you're still an idiot"?
                  I see a site in another language with pictures. Not sure what I'm supposedly 'wrong' about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I don't recall seeing similar criticisms from you toward Melania Trump. Curious.....
                    I seem to have forgotten my recent history, but when did Donald and Melania Trump pose for glamour photos while the country was at war and the people were suffering?

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I see a site in another language with pictures. Not sure what I'm supposedly 'wrong' about.
                    Okay, so you're going with the "pretend not to know things" gambit. Well played.

Comment

I seem to have forgotten my recent history,
                      It appears so.

but when did Donald and Melania Trump pose for glamour photos while the country was at war and the people were suffering?
                      Lesse, should we go with her designer outfit complete with her "I don't really care" jacket on her visit to a children's shelter containing kids taken from their parents by her husband, or her grand 3 hour visit and photo op in another designer outfit (~$2000 outfit) in Afghanistan December 2018? Etc..

Okay, so you're going with the "pretend not to know things" gambit. Well played.
                      So you got nothing. Gotcha.
                      Last edited by Gondwanaland; 07-28-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

It appears so.

Lesse, should we go with her designer outfit complete with her "I don't really care" jacket on her visit to a children's shelter containing kids taken from their parents by her husband, or her grand 3 hour visit and photo op in another designer outfit (~$2000 outfit) in Afghanistan December 2018? Etc..

So you got nothing. Gotcha.
                        Surely you recognize the difference between wearing designer clothes during a diplomatic visit versus posing for glamour photos for a fashion magazine. Your attempted "whataboutism" is tremendous stretch. Come on, Gond, I know you are capable of being more reasonable than this.

Comment

Surely you recognize the difference between wearing designer clothes during a diplomatic visit versus posing for glamour photos for a fashion magazine. Your attempted "whataboutism" is tremendous stretch. Come on, Gond, I know you are capable of being more reasonable than this.
                          Melania posed for photo ops for her whole 3 hour visit in 2k+ designer clothes in Afghanistan (which was during the war). (that wasn't a diplomatic visit, BTW, that was a short chance for a photo op around Christmas with troops in a war zone)

And her visit with her designer 'I don't really care' outfit was not a diplomatic visit, it was a visit to a facility holding young children her husband had stolen from their parents for the 'crime' of traveling across the border.

I'm sorry you didn't expect your challenge to be answered and now are trying to backpedal with 'but that's different!'.

Comment

Melania posed for photo ops for her whole 3 hour visit in 2k+ designer clothes in Afghanistan (which was during the war). (that wasn't a diplomatic visit, BTW, that was a short chance for a photo op around Christmas with troops in a war zone)

And her visit with her designer 'I don't really care' outfit was not a diplomatic visit, it was a visit to a facility holding young children her husband had stolen from their parents for the 'crime' of traveling across the border.

I'm sorry you didn't expect your challenge to be answered and now are trying to backpedal with 'but that's different!'.
                            Right, visiting the troops, and visiting the border are identical to posing for glamour photos for Vogue magazine.

You are engaged in H_A level trolling.

Comment

Right, visiting the troops, and visiting the border are identical to posing for glamour photos for Vogue magazine.

You are engaged in H_A level trolling.
                              I didn't say they were 'identical' - seems you're the one pulling the H_A nonsense. But they are on par, when your 'visit' is nothing more than a photo op dolled up in expensive designer clothes. But we both know that no matter what example I supply, your hypocrisy (and your hatred of Zelensky and love of Putin) won't allow you to accept it.

Comment

• Yeah, after that corrupt little pissant Voldemort Zelenskyyyiiyyy's fun little Vogue session and his half-wit "who cares about inflation?" fart, sign me up for Team Putin, tovarisch!
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment