Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Inflation in one year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflation in one year

I just went and got gas at $3.29/gallon which makes it over $1 more per gallon than it was a year ago. That meant I spent over $15 more to fill up and on the news they said expect $4/gallon by the end of March if not sooner.

I picked up stuff to make a Boston Butt roast dinner and to make a big pan of lasagna later. A year ago that would have cost me roughly $55. Today, $72.

LET'S GO BRANDON!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Our Gas was up to $3.09, but this morning it's back to $2.99. But yeah, beef prices are WAY up, and empty shelves are coming back again.

Empty 2.jpgempty 1.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Let's celebrate. Democrats control the federal government and they have achieved their goals: Empty shelves, skyrocketing inflation, legislation favoring elitists and big business at the expense of everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Let's celebrate. Democrats control the federal government and they have achieved their goals: Empty shelves, skyrocketing inflation, legislation favoring elitists and big business at the expense of everyone else.
        Build Back Better in action.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But they have wokened the unwoke sleeping giants!!! It's gonna bite them in their donkeybutts!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            But they have wokened the unwoke sleeping giants!!! It's gonna bite them in their donkeybutts!
            One can only hope and pray.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Build Back Better in action.
              Broke Back Biden.

Comment

The one blessing I have is that I can still work from home, which means I don't have to buy much gas (I filled up once so far this year, and maybe 3 times last year), and I am saving $1,440 a year in parking garage charges (had to buy monthly parking downtown when I went in to the office) - but the extra I am paying for heating, electricity, and food makes any savings a wash.

Comment

I keep track of how much I spend on gas and what the price per gallon was each month.

In January 2021, I paid an average of $2.27 a gallon and my twelve-month average price per gallon was $2.18.

In January 2022, I paid an average of $3.42 a gallon and my twelve-month average price per gallon was $3.09.

I too have been working from home, so the car goes out less plus in an up-state NY winter, you just drive less anyways.
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment