Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats embrace ending mask mandates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats embrace ending mask mandates

What happened to the !$%#E*& SCIENCE????

FEBRUARY 08, 2022 01:43 PM
    BY
    CASSIDY MORRISON
    More and more Democrats have called for an end to mandatory masking and other COVID-19 restrictions as new case rates caused by the omicron variant plummet across the United States.

Democrats have favored more stringent restrictions throughout the pandemic, but they are increasingly aware that the public is fatigued and ready to pivot from an emergency footing to one in which the coronavirus is tolerated as a part of regular life. Several Democratic governors in recent days have set end dates for mask-related restrictions and have been applauded by national Democrats.

CALIFORNIA TO END INDOOR MASK MANDATE FEB. 15

“In virtually every state there are dramatic declines in COVID cases and hospitalizations,” said Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu of California. “That’s good news. It also means policies need to change to reflect the change in data. Pleased to see Governors starting to lift pandemic restrictions.”

By easing restrictions and mandates, Democratic states will be coming into closer alignment with GOP-led states, such as Florida and Texas. Those red states have spurned such measures since early in the pandemic, and their leaders, such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, have argued they were not justified and harmful even before the omicron variant hit. In Virginia, Glenn Youngkin won the governorship on a promise to ease restrictions, and he has ordered that school districts allow children to opt out of wearing masks.

Conservatives pounced on Democrats' admissions that it was time to lift the mandates, especially those in schools that affect young children's development. The libertarian advocacy group FreedomWorks said Monday that "the Dems are coming to terms with the fact that their two year long campaign of spreading divisive fear and lies about #covid is OVER."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

They realize following old Joe is like following the Pied Piper to their doom. When the duffer goes somewhere notice how few local officials show up. They all had earlier plans or like Stacey Abrams in Georgia and several other blacks here, made it pretty clear it was a snub.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      They realize following old Joe is like following the Pied Piper to their doom. When the duffer goes somewhere notice how few local officials show up. They all had earlier plans or like Stacey Abrams in Georgia and several other blacks here, made it pretty clear it was a snub.
      So... Science Schmience!

Can't wait to hear our resident liberals splain this. (Well, gosh, Biden has WHIPPED the pandemic, so what do you expect?)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

What happened to the !$%#E*& SCIENCE????
        76% of Americans vaccinated - (64% with two doses) - good enough to allow a staged relief of restrictions.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...23#post1352223

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...91#post1351891

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...97#post1351897

A few other along the same lines.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

76% of Americans vaccinated - (64% with two doses) - good enough to allow a staged relief of restrictions.

Tell Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Tell Joe.
            I think the puppet masters are on it.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Joe and the Democrats have suddenly decided that we need to distinguish between "from the China flu" and "with the China flu" cases.

Coincidentally, there is also a major election happening this year that if polling is accurate, Democrats are poised to lose bigly.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I think the puppet masters are on it.
                So.... His SOTUA will be --- I have CONQUERED DEATH, ALL HAIL JOE!!!!

Comment

So 3% more than what it was in August (73%) according to PEW. That 3% is what signaled the shift -- or was it poll numbers?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Except the China flu is supposedly surging across the country, so why are they lifting restrictions now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Except the China flu is supposedly surging across the country, so why are they lifting restrictions now?
                      According to the New York Times, new cases peaked in mid January and have been falling markedly since. There is also a political component - a matter of the desire not to be punished in elections - high on the list of considerations: resistance to restrictions has reached critical mass. There is only so much that people will tolerate, and the Truckers revolt in Canada has made that clear enough.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I think the driver is a change in the view of Covid by the general population. I think people have realized and accepted that Covid will be with us forever. Since we can't reach zero covid, they want life to go back to pre-Covid. This, of course, is a general statement, and I think you'll find people in the population who still follow our current covid guidelines on masking, social distancing, etc. Might be good as people pay more attention to their health and maybe employers are a little more strict on sending sick people home instead of letting them work.

I think politicians are slowing catching up to this view. The last poll I read indicated Covid was like 8th on the list of concerns behind inflation, economy, etc. They're realizing a strong Covid policy isn't going to help much in the elections and may prove a negative.

I also predict MSNBC, CNN, Facebook, etc. will lag behind the politicians on changing their views.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

According to the New York Times, new cases peaked in mid January and have been falling markedly since. There is also a political component - a matter of the desire not to be punished in elections - high on the list of considerations: resistance to restrictions has reached critical mass. There is only so much that people will tolerate, and the Truckers revolt in Canada has made that clear enough.
                          I think the political component is the only thing driving this. I've been saying for months that the pandemic will be over when We The People decide that it's over. Hopefully we've finally gotten to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm guessing one of two things:

- Election strategy.
                            - Setting a trap for the next scary variant, so they can say: "See, this is why we can't ever let our guard down. Ever."

I tend to lean towards the latter, since the former seems a bit early. But that could be my pessimistic bias.

Comment

So long as its a Democrat rolling back mandates, it'll be accepted.

Comment