Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN to be more like Fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN to be more like Fox?

This is funny.

Apparently the new owners of CNN want the network to be more like Fox News Special Report causing Mr. Potato Head himself, Brian Stelter, to have a bit of an emotional outburst and call it "B.S." (although he spelled it out).

CNBC conducted an interview with Discovery Network's John Malone where he praised Special Report saying that

I would like to see CNN evolve back to the kind of journalism that it started with and, you know, actually have journalists, which would be unique and refreshing.

And to think that Chris Wallace jumped ship at Fox and went to CNN only to discover that they are now wanting to emulate Fox.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Yeah, CNN is definitely going through some self-imposed horsie-poo.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I hope the "new" CNN will be less OCD on issues. Right now, it seems like every time I tune in, they're talking about January 6. Other things are happening in the world and deserve coverage. I find myself having to watch Fox just to get what else is happening in the world.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          I hope the "new" CNN will be less OCD on issues. Right now, it seems like every time I tune in, they're talking about January 6. Other things are happening in the world and deserve coverage. I find myself having to watch Fox just to get what else is happening in the world.
          Just REPORT THE NEWS, and "commentary" needs to go in its own blocks known as "commentary".

Also, HAVE OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And to think that Chris Wallace jumped ship at Fox and went to CNN only to discover that they are now wanting to emulate Fox.
            My first order of business would be to fire Wallace. I'd buy him a bus ticket for MSNBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              And it keeps getting worse.

Source: Don Lemon Headed To Jury Trial In Sexual Assault Lawsuit With Hamptons Bartender

Don Lemon will be headed to trial in his legal battle with a man accusing him of assault.

According to court documents obtained by Radar, a federal judge in New York has ordered the lawsuit filed by Dustin Hice against the CNN anchor will go before a jury.

The order was entered into the court system on December 20, 2021. Lemon had been objecting to a jury trial and wanted a bench trial instead.

A bench trial would have the parties arguing before a judge who would make the final decision in the case.

However, Lemon’s attempt to avoid going before the jury was shut down. The judge notes that the anchor will not suffer any harm and has “sufficient time to prepare for trial.”

Hice -- who was a local bartender -- originally filed his lawsuit in 2019. He claims Lemon was a patron at Murf's Backstreet Tavern in Sag Harbor in 2018. He claims to have noticed the anchor while out with friends and offered to buy him a drink.

Lemon allegedly declined the offer and told Hice he was “just trying to have a good time.” The suit claims later in the night Lemon approached Hice in the bar and “put his hand down the front of his own shorts, and vigorously rubbed his genitalia, removed his hand and shoved his index and middle fingers into [Hice’s] mustache.”

Hice claims Lemon then asked him, “Do you like smiley bleep.gif or smiley bleep.gif ?’ as he shoved his fingers into his face.

Lemon denies the allegations. He accuses the man of attempting to extort him in the past.

A source told People Hice asked Lemon’s legal team for $1.5 million. A rep for CNN previously said of the suit, “The plaintiff in this lawsuit has previously displayed a pattern of contempt for CNN on his social media accounts.”

“This claim follows his unsuccessful threats and demands for an exorbitant amount of money from Don Lemon. Don categorically denies these claims and this matter does not merit any further comment at this time."

Recently, Lemon accused Hice of destroying evidence in the case and is asking for sanctions against the man.

The judge’s decision to have the case go before a jury comes as CNN head Jeff Zucker was forced to resign and calls for Lemon to be fired grow.

As Radar first reported, Zucker had kept his "consensual relationship" with CNN’s Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Allison Gollust, a secret for years. The two allegedly left their marriages to be with each other. Neither informed the network of their relationship.

Recently, as part of the network’s investigation into Chris Cuomo, Zucker was asked about his relationship with Gollust. He admitted it had turned romantic but refused to provide the date on which the relationship started. As a result, he resigned.

Zucker was forced out while Gollust has been able to keep her job -- so far.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The bleeps are crude names for female and male genitalia respectively.

I thought that it was the right of a defendant to request and have a jury trial, and not something that could be forced on them if they did not want one.

Comment