Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maher Lights up Biden, Dems on COVID Restrictions: 'How Much Wrong Do You Get to Be?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why haven't they canceled him yet?

I really don't like Maher, his humor usually has a nastiness to it (meanness)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, I don't get into that debate - it was just interesting to me that Mahr, usually a bleeding-heart liberal, seems to be at war with his own colleagues.
      Mahr has been somewhat at war with his side for awhile now. It started with his opposition to wokeism. In fact, this has been a rift between leftists for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Mahr has been somewhat at war with his side for awhile now. It started with his opposition to wokeism. In fact, this has been a rift between leftists for awhile.
        Interesting. I never watch him.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Interesting. I never watch him.
          Neither do I (though I did watch some of his interview on Rogan), but I get that from sources that know him better than I do. Personally, I can't stand the dude.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Neither do I (though I did watch some of his interview on Rogan), but I get that from sources that know him better than I do. Personally, I can't stand the dude.
            Speaking of Rogan, that dude is almost done. The left started a "cancel" campaign after his show was picked up by Spotify with various hasbeen music acts demanding that Spotify stop playing their music, so Rogan promised to make his show more "balanced" in the future; and then someone found some comments by Rogan that they took out of context and claimed to be racist for which Rogan scrambled to apologize. He's stupid enough to think he can appease his way out of this, but he's going to be a shell of himself once the left is done with him.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Speaking of Rogan, that dude is almost done. The left started a "cancel" campaign after his show was picked up by Spotify with various hasbeen music acts demanding that Spotify stop playing their music, so Rogan promised to make his show more "balanced" in the future; and then someone found some comments by Rogan that they took out of context and claimed to be racist for which Rogan scrambled to apologize. He's stupid enough to think he can appease his way out of this, but he's going to be a shell of himself once the left is done with him.
              I occasionally listen to Rogan when he has an interesting guest on, or when he talks about MMA/UFC. But Rogan was always a gatekeeper IMO. Though he did tend to venture into anti-establishment waters on occasions when his guests pulled him there and he does pusback somewhat against the woke cult, for the most part, he was always in support of popular and establishment narratives, particularly on the left. So it doesn't surprise me he capitulated to the cancel culture mob under the pressure.

Comment

Okay. Yeah, I thought "better than 70%" sounded high. 64% is certainly more plausible, though I don't know how accurate even that number really is, and with the sliding definition of "fully vaccinated", that figure is going to decrease in the future
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment