Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Maher Lights up Biden, Dems on COVID Restrictions: 'How Much Wrong Do You Get to Be?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maher Lights up Biden, Dems on COVID Restrictions: 'How Much Wrong Do You Get to Be?'

Maher Lights up Biden, Dems on COVID Restrictions: 'How Much Wrong Do You Get to Be?'

Bill Maher has been on fire lately in terms of his critique of COVID restrictions and the liberal establishment.

Two weeks ago, he had on Bari Weiss, who excoriated the restrictions and how much they had hurt kids — she called it a “catastrophic moral crime.” Last week, Maher himself tore into the left and how they had “gone mental” with their crazy policies and rules.

Maher said Americans were just tired of Democratic rules — even before COVID came along.
    Democrats have become a parody of themselves. Just making rules to make rules because it makes you feel like you’re a better person. Making sure that everything bad never happens again, which you can never fully do, it just makes everybody else’s life a drag….Democrats no longer possess the common sense to understand that not every problem in the world can be fixed with a regulation.

This week, he went to town on the COVID restrictions.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I have reason to believe that Trump is behind this because he just has to be.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not in agreement with Bill Maher on many of the positions he takes. I find myself increasingly respecting him because he's not afraid to tell his own side that they are wrong.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        I'm not in agreement with Bill Maher on many of the positions he takes. I find myself increasingly respecting him because he's not afraid to tell his own side that they are wrong.
        Yeah, I was a bit surprised he launched into this, and isn't backing down.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, I was a bit surprised he launched into this, and isn't backing down.
          Maher is a bit of a puzzle at times. IIRC, he has been going after his fellow travelers over the cancel culture and biological males competing as women in sporting contests.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Maher is just noticing this now? Democrats have been acting like this for as long as I've been paying attention to politics.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Maher is a bit of a puzzle at times. IIRC, he has been going after his fellow travelers over the cancel culture and biological males competing as women in sporting contests.
              Maybe he's having his own little awakening?

Comment

Maybe he's having his own little awakening?
                When he had a show on the Comedy channel many years back he was essentially a libertarian and skewed both parties. But after his move to HBO he took a decidedly left turn started targeting religion in general but particularly Christianity (although he goes after Islam a great deal as well) and spouts off-wall-wall pseudoscience (anti Germ Theory and vaccines in particular).

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I have reason to believe that Trump is behind this because he just has to be.
                  Just because he has to be? Indubitably - the most solid of all possible evidence against Trump. Irrefutably conclusive evidence beyond all doubt.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Just because he has to be? Oh certainly - the most solid of all possible evidence against Trump.
                    We don't need no stinkin' evidence against Trump!!!! IMPEACH HIM AGAIN!!!!!

Comment

Bill Maher has been on fire lately in terms of his critique of COVID restrictions and the liberal establishment.

Two weeks ago, he had on Bari Weiss, who excoriated the restrictions and how much they had hurt kids — she called it a “catastrophic moral crime.” Last week, Maher himself tore into the left and how they had “gone mental” with their crazy policies and rules.

Maher said Americans were just tired of Democratic rules — even before COVID came along.
                      Democrats have become a parody of themselves. Just making rules to make rules because it makes you feel like you’re a better person. Making sure that everything bad never happens again, which you can never fully do, it just makes everybody else’s life a drag….Democrats no longer possess the common sense to understand that not every problem in the world can be fixed with a regulation.

This week, he went to town on the COVID restrictions.

America now has a better than 70% vaccination rate. It seems unlikely that restrictions (apart from masking in hotspots) might have become overkill - even outright pointless.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

America now has a better than 70% vaccination rate. It seems unlikely that restrictions (apart from masking in hotspots) might have become overkill - even outright pointless.
                        Yeah, I don't get into that debate - it was just interesting to me that Mahr, usually a bleeding-heart liberal, seems to be at war with his own colleagues.

Comment

Yeah, I don't get into that debate - it was just interesting to me that Mahr, usually a bleeding-heart liberal, seems to be at war with his own colleagues.
                          With any luck, he and others in the same position will produce an avalanche. From what we are seeing here, Republicans would benefit from a similar (but less drastic) shake up. It might even result in a better united America.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

America now has a better than 70% vaccination rate.
                            Where are you getting that figure?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Where are you getting that figure?
                              Vax Stats USA 1.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?client...ccination+rate

Vax Stats USA.jpg
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment