Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Minneapolis Man Killed By Police In No-Knock Warrant 9 Secs After Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not her best moment either:

expert-trap (1).jpg
    Oh, yeah... but she MEANT well!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

They are free not to care, and apathy seldom generates any real response.
      Who said anything about apathy? There are a whole slew of reasons to get enraged about this event. 2nd amendment rights is a long way down the list.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        When I took a few criminal law classes in college, the professor gave something along the following

Police misread a warrant and go to the wrong house with a no-knock warning. They're plain clothes and several aren't easily identifiable as cops. They kick in the door amidst much noise and confusion not making it clear they are the police. The homeowner thinks its a home invasion robbery, grabs a pistol from the nightstand and steps out of the bedroom. Seeing armed figures rummaging through his house he shoots and misses and is in turn wounded by return fire.

The question he would ask is would the homeowner be arrested given those conditions.

Everyone said no, citing various parts of the incident. I answered yes, he would be arrested.

I was correct. He likely wouldn't be charged (unless he was a felon with a gun) but he would certainly be arrested.
        One of my best friends died in one of these "dynamic entry" situations of a meth lab, but neighbors testified they didn't hear ANYBODY yelling police - just all of a sudden a lot of noise, gunfire, and a dead cop.

The jury found the drug dealer not guilty of capital murder for killing my friend.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to come up with scenario that a little bit of patience might handle better.

I think of the ultimate disaster - the Waco situation - and how many times they saw David Koresh at the local post office or hardware store...
          There was something else going on with Waco. They clearly didn't want to take Koresh alive.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to come up with scenario that a little bit of patience might handle better.

I think of the ultimate disaster - the Waco situation - and how many times they saw David Koresh at the local post office or hardware store...
            It is. Most of the situations I could come up with sounded like bad hollywood action movie plots.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Who said anything about apathy?
              It's pretty much the definition of not caring, RoyBoy.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                It is. Most of the situations I could come up with sounded like bad hollywood action movie plots.
                And the situations up with which I can come would be better handled by a sniper shooting into the house from the outside.

An ALARMINGLY high number of these drug houses have small children in them, along with bad people with fully automatic weapons......

The "dynamic entry" makes no sense unless you have actual real time comprehensive intel on what's going on in that house or place of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

There was something else going on with Waco. They clearly didn't want to take Koresh alive.
                  In my opinion, it was an excuse for the government to show its force. They thought they would impress Americans with their heavy-handedness but it completely backfired. No one was impressed with their tactics, and people were horrified with the results. To the point it spawned a Timothy McVeigh

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

In my opinion, it was an excuse for the government to show its force. They thought they would impress Americans with their heavy-handedness but it completely backfired. No one was impressed with their tactics, and people were horrified with the results. To the point it spawned a Timothy McVeigh
                    And, what political party was in charge? The arrogant intolerant elitist "we know what's best for you poor iggernent peons" Democrats.

Comment

And, what political party was in charge? The arrogant intolerant elitist "we know what's best for you poor iggernent peons" Democrats.
                      I'm don't get to vote, but if I did it would be Democrat, as they they represent my views best of the alternatives. I guess I must be "arrogant intolerant and elitist".

Comment

Originally posted by Alien View Post

I'm don't get to vote, but if I did it would be Democrat, as they they represent my views best of the alternatives. I guess I must be "arrogant intolerant and elitist".
                        But we still love you.

Comment

OK, you deserve a better answer. No, you're not necessarily "arrogant intolerant and elitist", you're just one of the suckers they need to keep themselves in power.

An expendable crewmember, so to speak.

Comment

OK, you deserve a better answer. No, you're not necessarily "arrogant intolerant and elitist", you're just one of the suckers they need to keep themselves in power.

An expendable crewmember, so to speak.
                            So, not arrogant intolerant and elitist, just stupid?

(Warning, stop digging).

Comment

So, not arrogant intolerant and elitist, just stupid?

(Warning, stop digging).
                              Yes, sir - just picking. I'm glad you're here.

Comment

Yes, sir - just picking. I'm glad you're here.
                                Remember the phrase attributed to Lenin about western supporters. That seems to apply now to the shadowy goals of the Democrat Party.

Comment