Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another day, another fake gay bashing incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day, another fake gay bashing incident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lice-time.html

A drama student who became an internet sensation after claiming he was savagely beaten up for being gay has admitted he caused his injuries himself when he tripped on the pavement.
    Richard Kennedy, 18, from Blackpool, told police he was set upon by a gang of homophobes when he left a gay nightclub in Preston, Lancashire, prompting officers to appeal for information about what they called a 'particularly nasty assault'.
    He posted photographs on Facebook of his battered and bleeding face, dislodged teeth, and gaping knee wound, with the caption 'An example [of] why homophobia is wrong and it's disgusting that it's still around in 2014'. The post was shared by more than 182,000 well-wishers.

But today the teenager, who studies Contemporary Theatre and Performance at the University of Central Lancashire, admitted he made it all up.
    After being shown CCTV of him tripping and falling, face-first, onto the pavement, Kennedy accepted that the 'utterly inhumane homophobic attack' he had talked about actually never happened.
    This afternoon Lancashire Police, who carried out a 'detailed and thorough investigation' into the alleged attack two weeks ago, confirmed CCTV showed the teenager had not been attacked by anyone, and had simply hurt himself when he fell over.
    This is what liberalism does to the brain. Dumbass tripped and fell and then he concocted a wild fantasy where some homophobe with a 200 gigawatt gaydar picked him out Terminator style to rocket punch him in the back of the head.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

I'm looking at that picture and still don't know what I'm looking at. I need a diagram or something.

Comment

Is the Ashley Todd hoax what conservatism does to the brain?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        Is the Ashley Todd hoax what conservatism does to the brain?
        No, McCain's a liberal so it's also what liberalism does to the brain.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          No, McCain's a liberal so it's also what liberalism does to the brain.
          I wager he's not a true Scotsman either.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
            I'm looking at that picture and still don't know what I'm looking at. I need a diagram or something.
            Whatever it is, it's disgusting.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I wager he's not a true Scotsman either.
              Well, the name McCain is of Irish origin, so no, he isn't.

More importantly, Ashley Todd is an aberration whereas leftard hoaxes are quite common.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                Well, the name McCain is of Irish origin, so no, he isn't.

More importantly, Ashley Todd is an aberration whereas leftard hoaxes are quite common.
                Confirmation bias is quite common.

Comment

It seems to me that if liberals are trying to show what horrors are being done in the name of gay-bashing, and there are horrors being done in the name of gay-bashing, then they should simply show the horrors being done in the name of gay-bashing. Making things up randomly just puts their entire agenda to shame, and pulls the rug of reliability right out from under their own feet.

Comment

stopped reading at "A drama student"
                    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Not to downplay how bad it is to have your front teeth smashed by accident, or how nasty it was for him to try and garner attention with it, but what on earth is that jagged thing in the middle? Part of his upper jaw?

Comment

Confirmation bias is quite common.
                        Not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Not to downplay how bad it is to have your front teeth smashed by accident, or how nasty it was for him to try and garner attention with it, but what on earth is that jagged thing in the middle? Part of his upper jaw?
                          Good question. I wondered this as well.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment