Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California Gives Trans, 26-y.o. Child Molester 2 Years in JUVENILE Facility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Gives Trans, 26-y.o. Child Molester 2 Years in JUVENILE Facility.

And the left continues its insanity. A transgender man (who claims he is female), who molested a 10 year old girl, will now be serving two years in a juvenile facility for girls (because he claims to be a female, and committed the crime a number of years ago while he was 17).

https://www.foxnews.com/us/transgend...ting-sentenced

California trans child molester, 26, gets 2 years in juvenile facility thanks to progressive DA Gascon

Tubbs, 26, pleaded guilty earlier this month to molesting the girl in a women's bathroom Dec. 31, 2014, when Tubbs was 17

A Los Angeles County judge on Thursday ordered Hannah Tubbs, a transgender California woman, to serve two years in a juvenile facility after she pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl in 2014.

Before doing so, the judge criticized far-left District Attorney George Gascon, whose office declined to prosecute the repeat offender as an adult.

Tubbs, 26, recently pleaded guilty to molesting the girl in a women's bathroom eight years ago when Tubbs was two weeks away from turning 18. At the time of the crime, she identified as male and went by James Tubbs. She did not identify as female until after she was taken into custody, according to prosecutors.

"Tubbs is 26 years old. Unlike George Gascon’s false narrative, she is not a ‘kid,'" L.A. Deputy District Attorney Jon Hatami, assigned to the Complex Child Abuse Unit, told Fox News Digital.

"There was evidence presented at the juvenile proceedings which showed that Tubbs sexually assaulted two young girls in different incidents in the past. The child victims will suffer lifelong trauma. Tubbs also has prior violent convictions and conduct as an adult."

Prosecutors say Tubbs walked into the bathroom of a Denny’s in 2014 and grabbed the 10-year-old by the throat, locked her in a stall, and put her hand down the girl’s pants. Tubbs stopped when another person walked into the restroom, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Because Tubbs began identifying as female after she was taken into custody, and Gascon refused to try her as an adult, Tubbs was sentenced to two years in a juvenile facility. In L.A. County, juvenile facilities can house both females and males, but in separate areas. Tubbs will be housed with the females.

Two years is the maximum sentence for any juvenile in the new program over the age of 25, according to Deputy District Attorney Shea Sanna.

The sentencing sparked criticism of Gascon, who had vowed to "immediately stop prosecuting children as adults." Gascon has cited studies showing brain development isn't complete until a person is 25 and contends juvenile detention can rehabilitate young offenders.

The LA County Sheriff's office offered to house Tubbs in its county jail, but Judge Mario Barrera ultimately "decided he did not have the authority to issue an order housing Tubbs in county jail or with the sheriff's department," Sanna said, adding that the judge's "hands were tied."

Barrera reportedly blamed Gascon's policies for not transferring Tubbs to an adult court during the court proceeding on Thursday.

"I want to be clear," Barrera during the Thursday sentencing in a Lancaster, California, courtroom, according to the LA Times. "The filing of a transfer motion is entirely within the discretion of the district attorney."

Barrera's "hands were tied," Sanna said. In the end, the judge "decided he did not have the authority to issue an order housing Tubbs in county jail or with the sheriff's department."

Kathryn Barger, chair of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, called the outcome of the case "unsatisfactory" in a statement Thursday.

"Judge Barrera’s hands were tied today – due to the fact that the DA’s office failed to file a motion to transfer Tubbs to adult criminal court, which is where she rightly belongs," Barger said. "Instead, we’re left with a 26-year-old individual sentenced to two years in a juvenile facility in isolation, separated by sight and sound from the other juveniles. "

In a Jan. 18 letter to Barger, Gascon described Tubbs' conduct as "deplorable."

"I am shocked and outraged that she evaded capture for so long. The harm that she caused is irreparable. Tubbs has been ‘sentenced’ to our county’s secure treatment facility for youth (STFY)," the location of which "has yet to be approved," Gascon wrote

He added that "all cases of adults returning to juvenile court will continue to be flagged and reviewed for possible adult jurisdiction resolutions."

Tubbs was not linked to the case until 2019. Her DNA was entered into a database that year following an arrest on suspicion of battery in Idaho. Prosecutors filed charges against her for the 2014 assault case in 2020, not long after Gascon took office.

Tubbs has previously been arrested for battery, drug possession and probation violations in Idaho and Washington.

She has a pending misdemeanor case in Washington and was also accused of sexually assaulting a minor in Kern County, California, but the case did not get prosecuted, according to the LA Times. Tubbs might also qualify as "developmentally disabled" and has multiple mental illnesses, the paper reported.

Gascon told the LA Times he was concerned Tubbs could be victimized in an adult facility as a trans woman and said a probation report recommended she be sentenced to home confinement. Prosecutors asked that Tubbs be kept in custody for two years instead.

"Because of George Gascon's blanket policy against transferring any juvenile to adult court, even if the 17-year-old rapes or murders an innocent child, James Tubbs will not have to register as a sex offender, will not spend any time in county jail or state prison, will be 26 and housed with juveniles for a very short period of time, and will be released with no probation or parole monitoring. The victims will get no justice. The public will get no safety," Hatami said.

He added that Gascon "has sacrificed the safety of the public, the rights of the victim and justice in order to follow his own political ideology."

"It’s an injustice against all of us, especially the young victims," Hatami said.

A local news source:

https://abc7.com/hannah-tubbs-sexual...lity/11516315/
    Woman who sexually assaulted 10-year-old girl as teen will serve sentence in juvenile facility

The violent crime happened just before her 18th birthday and Tubbs remained free of charges until a DNA match. She's now 26.

- A violent offender convicted of sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl will serve her sentence in a Los Angeles County youth facility, despite being 26 years old.

Hannah Tubbs, who identifies as a transgender female, has a lengthy criminal record including violent crimes in multiple states.

A DNA match in 2019 linked Tubbs to a sexual assault at a Denny's restaurant in Palmdale that occurred in 2014. Tubbs admitted to the sexual assault and said it happened in the restaurant's bathroom.

The violent crime happened just before her 18th birthday, and Tubbs remained free of charges until the DNA match.

The case was prosecuted in juvenile court and was not transferred to adult court due to Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón's policy that states juveniles won't be prosecuted as adults. A juvenile judge sentenced Tubbs to two years in a juvenile facility.

On Thursday, prosecutors argued in court for the judge to transfer the 26-year-old to an adult jail, saying in their opinion, the law gives the judge that authority.

"In crystal clear terminology provides this court with the authority to order a transfer of an individual to sheriff's custody, or to a county jail facility, after that individual has turned 19 years of age," said a prosecutor during court.

After hearing arguments, the judge stated that essentially, under current legislation, a person who commits a crime as a juvenile and is jailed in a juvenile facility once they turn 19, the court has no authority to transfer that person to an adult facility.

"This court will not disregard what the legislature has put onto it as a limitation," said the judge.

Since the case remained in juvenile court, Tubbs will not be required to register as a sex offender. Tubbs could have been sentenced to almost a decade in prison if she was tried and convicted as an adult.

"[She's]every parent's worst nightmare," said L.A. County Deputy District Attorney Shea Sanna. "If your kid goes to the bathroom, then you shouldn't have to worry about them being attacked."

Meanwhile, L.A. County Supervisor Kathryn Barger issued the following statement in response to Thursday's placement hearing:

"The outcome of the Tubbs case is unsatisfactory. Judge Barrera's hands were tied today - due to the fact that the DA's office failed to file a motion to transfer Tubbs to adult criminal court, which is where she rightly belongs. Instead, we're left with a 26 year-old individual sentenced to two years in a juvenile facility in isolation, separated by sight and sound from the other juveniles.

To carry out justice, all of the oars in the criminal justice system must be rowing in the same direction. Today, that simply didn't happen."

Eyewitness News asked Gascón for context on the case, to which his office pointed to a letter he sent Barger last week, addressing that Tubbs has been tried as an adult in several other cases, hence how they found the DNA.

"However, in subsequent cases, Tubbs legally was an adult. Other jurisdictions had no other choice. Where I do agree with your assertion is that Tubbs likely will not face punishment proportionate to the victim's trauma," the D.A.'s letter to Barger said.

The victim did not want to be in court or see Tubbs, but she wrote a letter that said in part:

"I live in fear most of the time. And although it's something that I tried to tell myself isn't my fault, I could never truly believe it. I feel that I'm to blame somehow, when I know deep down that isn't the case.

"I hope, after all this comes to an end, my attacker gets the punishment (they) deserve for attacking a child with no problem and I can finally get on with my life."

Oh, and because of the libtard DA's policy of charging only in a juvenile court, he won't have to register as a sex offender for his molestation of a 10 year old.

This might be the most absurd thing I've ever heard of, and that's saying something.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
      This might be the most absurd thing I've ever heard of, and that's saying something.
      I honestly had to triple check when I saw the headline and make sure it wasn't something from the Babylon Bee that had been mistakenly taken seriously by some news orgs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I honestly had to triple check when I saw the headline and make sure it wasn't something from the Babylon Bee that had been mistakenly taken seriously by some news orgs.
        This is why the BB is no longer funny, because any absurd story they write is plausible now.

Comment

Here's something interesting...

George Gascón: A Rogue Prosecutor Whose Extreme Policies Undermine the Rule of Law and Make Los Angeles Less Safe

He's apparently one of those kooky Soros funded DAs.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

George Gascón: A Rogue Prosecutor Whose Extreme Policies Undermine the Rule of Law and Make Los Angeles Less Safe

Ah, wasn't that DA who let out the Waukesha Parade BLM terrorist one of those as well?

Comment

He ain't one of us

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                Ah, wasn't that DA who let out the Waukesha Parade BLM terrorist one of those as well?
                That guy is in Wisconsin whereas this clown is in L.A.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That guy is in Wisconsin whereas this clown is in L.A.
                  I know, I was referring to him being Soros backed as well edit: looks like the Wisconsin guy isn't directly soros backed but holds basically the same positions as them)
                  Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-29-2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

You call him a rogue prosecutor, but the eight years Gascon spent as San Francisco DA, should have given the good citizens of Los Angeles County, ample warning of his potential policies as their new DA. And yet, they rejected Jackie Lacey and voted for him anyway.

Just goes to show, no one ever went broke, betting against the intelligence of the average voter.

In future perhaps, all voting forms should include a prominent warning at the top;
                    “No warranties offered with any of these candidates. Caveat Emptor.”

(To be clear, and to forestall any potential misunderstandings, this case shows to me that Gascon should be kicked out of office at the earliest opportunity and never employed in a legal capacity again.)
                    When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                    - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                    “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

You call him a rogue prosecutor, but the eight years Gascon spent as San Francisco DA, should have given the good citizens of Los Angeles County, ample warning of his potential policies as their new DA. And yet, they rejected Jackie Lacey and voted for him anyway.

Just goes to show, no one ever went broke, betting against the intelligence of the average voter.

In future perhaps, all voting forms should include a prominent warning at the top;
                      “No warranties offered with any of these candidates. Caveat Emptor.”

(To be clear, and to forestall any potential misunderstandings, this case shows to me that Gascon should be kicked out of office at the earliest opportunity and never employed in a legal capacity again.)
                      Personally, I think that there should be a "none of the above" option when voting, and if that gets more votes than any candidate then there is another election in two months and the Vice President nominee becomes the party's presidential candidate.

That might help to assure that they stop scraping the bottom of the barrel

Comment

Comment

Source: SOROS DARK MONEY HELPS FUND 23 LEFTIST DAS TO THE TUNE OF $29M: REPORT

Soros money is like air -- it’s everywhere, even if you don’t see it. A shocking report from the Capital Research Center uncovered at least “29 million in funding” that helped elect 23 leftist district attorneys across the country.

The Capital Research Center (CRC) report exposed George Soros’ multimillion-dollar scheme to elect district attorneys around the U.S. Soros has given at least “Funding of $29 Million … through a personal network of political action committees (PACs) formed specifically to back left-wing DA candidates,” since 2016, according to CRC researchers. [Emphasis added].

The now-famous Kimberly (Kim) Foxx was credited with dropping charges in the Jussie Slomollett case and the Philadelphia district attorney Lawrence (Larry) Krasner were among those who received funding. It was on Krasner’s watch that Philadelphia reportedly became the “murder capital of the United States" last July.

Soros’ money hit bull’s-eyes almost every time. “Soros cash has generously supported over 20 individual candidates, many of whom won their elections and remain in office today,” noted the report.

Foxx currently serves as Cook County State’s Attorney in Illinois. She was “boosted into office with the help of $2 million in Soros cash,” according to the report from CRC.

Foxx’s leadership was disastrous for the people of Chicago. In 2021, Foxx reportedly “presid[ed] over Chicago’s largest spike in homicides in more than 30 years. According to CRC, the CRC report noted that her office had dropped charges against 35% of 2020 felony defendants.

Krasner, another radical district attorney, was elected to a second term by Soros. He is currently the Philadelphia District Attorney. But like former President Donald Trump once said, “Bad things happen in Philadelphia.”

CRC has found that Krasner shows how things can get even worse when leftists are in power. “Under Krasner’s Watch, crime rates have soared” and murder has shot way up. CBS News Philly reported that the “number of homicide victims in Philadelphia this year is up to at least 314 people,” up “35%” from July, 2020. The most shocking numbers are from the Philadelphia Police Department. Between 2018-21, the number of homicide victims has increased each year. Krasner was elected to office in 2018. In 2018, there were 353 victims of homicide, while in 2021, 562. This is approximately an increase of 59% in just three years.

Soros isn’t the only billionaire who has a stake in electing corrupt district attorneys. Mark Zuckerberg is co-CEO of Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) with his wife Priscilla Chan. The Washington Times reported that “[t]he Chan Zuckerberg Initiative … recently gave $1 million to the liberal Tides Center’s Fair and Just Prosecution project to ‘promote thought leadership for elected district attorneys.’” The Tides Center is another incredibly powerful and effective funnel of dark money to leftist causes. [Emphasis added].

Source

© Copyright Original Source

That's Smollett not Slomollett

The LA Times also has an interesting piece on specifically how...

New York billionaire George Soros headlines a consortium of private funders, the American Civil Liberties Union and other social justice groups and Democratic activists targeting four of the 56 district attorney positions up for election on June 5. Five other California candidates are receiving lesser support.

in what is called the California experiment: Here’s why George Soros, liberal groups are spending big to help decide who’s your next D.A.
                          Last edited by rogue06; 01-29-2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

So it appears a complaint is that the person was tried as a juvenile despite being an adult, thereby giving them a light sentence. But they were a juvenile when the crime took place. I have to admit feeling a bit uncomfortable with the idea that someone who would have been tried as a juvenile should be tried as an adult instead on the basis that it wasn't until they were an adult that they were caught.

Putting them into a juvenile detention facility seems more iffy, given that they clearly aren't a juvenile now, but maybe that's simply because the crime was charged as a juvenile and maybe that's the sentence you have to give.

It sounds like they might want to change up the laws so that if someone is tried as a juvenile for a crime they committed as a juvenile, but (due to not being prosecuted until later) were no longer a juvenile at the time of sentencing, that the sentence should be for an adult facility.

The part that does seem fairly crazy is putting them in the female detention facility if, as it claims, they only started identifying as such after being prosecuted.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                              So it appears a complaint is that the person was tried as a juvenile despite being an adult, thereby giving them a light sentence. But they were a juvenile when the crime took place. I have to admit feeling a bit uncomfortable with the idea that someone who would have been tried as a juvenile should be tried as an adult instead on the basis that it wasn't until they were an adult that they were caught.

Putting them into a juvenile detention facility seems more iffy, given that they clearly aren't a juvenile now, but maybe that's simply because the crime was charged as a juvenile and maybe that's the sentence you have to give.

It sounds like they might want to change up the laws so that if someone is tried as a juvenile for a crime they committed as a juvenile, but (due to not being prosecuted until later) were no longer a juvenile at the time of sentencing, that the sentence should be for an adult facility.

The part that does seem fairly crazy is putting them in the female detention facility if, as it claims, they only started identifying as such after being prosecuted.
                              To me it got fairly crazy when they put him in juvenile detention at the age of 26.

Comment