Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Fauci propaganda campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myth View Post

Does the candle smell like Fauci? What does Fauci smell like?
    Money!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Ever since the Gwyneth Paltrow candles, I do not want to know.
      Ew. Yeah.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Ironically it was the left that had been dismissing Fauci as a partisan hack after he praised Trump for instituting a travel ban on China saying it saved thousands of lives and bought us some needed time, something that folks like old Joe called racist and xenophobic -- and then the hypocrite started instituting his own travel bans.
        Let me suggest that the generous interpretation, that you are condemning their behavior because you feel it was wrong is contradicted by evidence.

I cite your support in post 4 for a position that is clearly on the far fringe, and undoubtedly an attack worse than any you could provide attacking Fauci from the left. In this you indicate you have no issues with poorly considered attacks on Fauci.

I further suggest the less generous interpretation, that you are promoting and even celebrating the behavior you reference in order to provide cover for worse behavior by yourself and other members of the right wing fringe, citing the same evidence.

The reference to “the left” also attracts my interest.

It implies this is or was a majority position on their side.

Let me suggest this was not a majority position on the side of your political opponents, and that you knew when you posted that it was not a majority position, but felt a more honest representation would not be suitable for your needs. Let me suggest this is yet another instance of your predilection for the construction of deliberate falsehoods, or more briefly, lies, to promote your positions, making you a liar.

You do that a lot. If it were a one-off, I wouldn’t bother mentioning it.

But more pertinent to the thread, and in unintentional irony, constructing a story out of half-truths and lies is the very essence of propaganda.

In fact-checking your post, I looked up the incident and found the following testimony in response to questions from Rep. Steve Scalise.

From the testimony, it appears any criticism of Fauci for supporting Trump is ill-founded. On the contrary, he testifies the institution of the travel ban was made in order to save lives rather than to support Trump, and that there was near unanimous agreement on policy at the onset of the pandemic.

Returning to your support of Post 4, “Edited by a Moderator’ clearly translates to an f-bomb that would cost me my last points were I to spell it out. A quick search shows multiple instances from this poster. How has this escaped moderation and can you give a reason why I should not note this as yet another example of the dangers of partisan propaganda, this time as it affects religious belief.

Each member here is given options for describing their faith. In the post-bit of the more egregious examples of this behavior on this board, it says Christian. In the example above, it says “Full Gospel Christian.”

In a recent thread, an apocryphal tale of an atheist convinced of the truth of Christianity refused to accept the faith because it would require unacceptable changes in behavior.

I retract my previous disagreement.
        Last edited by Cerebrum123; 01-29-2022, 04:34 PM.

Comment

As I light my Fauci votive candle[1] (the manufacture keeps selling out) and lean against my Fauci pillow[2] while enjoying my Fauci donut[3] after putting my Fauci bumper stickers[4] on my car, and as I gaze adoringly at my St. Fauci plaque[5], I have to agree.
          If you've bought all those things, you are definitely in a cult. The question is whether there are any other members.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
            Do they, though?

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2022/01/27/fauci-pandemic-threats/

"The attacks and misinformation seem to be having an effect. Confidence in Fauci is softening, according to polling conducted since April by the Annenberg Public Policy Center. After holding steady last summer and autumn, the percentage of Americans who are confident that Fauci provides trustworthy information about covid-19 is down six points since April, from 71 to 65 percent."

© Copyright Original Source

Good to know.
            Congrats you found a poll that works in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Congrats you found a poll that works in your favor.
              Then there's the recently released poll from the Trafalgar Group and the Convention of States Action, that says that a majority of Americans do not want Fauci to quit.

Comment

Then there's the recently released poll from the Trafalgar Group and the Convention of States Action, that says that a majority of Americans do not want Fauci to quit.
                Then there's another poll that says only 31% trust him. And another that shows the majority want him gone.

Comment

A poll can be used to prove anything.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Then there's another poll that says only 31% trust him.
                    The people who won't say they trust him includes people who won't say they trust anyone.

Question 12: When it comes to information about COVID-19, which of the following sources would you say you trust? Select all that apply. (margin of error: 5.8%)
                    • Dr. Anthony Fauci: 30.8%
                    • Federal health authorities like the CDC and the FDA: 49.8%
                    • Your doctor: 63.2%
                    • President Biden: 15.5%
                    • The news media: 10.2%

It's all about how you ask the question.

And another that shows the majority want him gone.
                    From last October, and it says 52% say he should resign, with a margin of error of 3.2 percent.

And again, it only shows that the right-wing smear campaign has been somewhat successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

The main point from the timeline I provided is that the original date does not make Rogue’s deliberate change work better, contrary to your statement defending what I believe was a deliberate falsehood conceived by the blush.

The tangential point you’ve just raised is answered by your own source, in the bolded snippet which you’ve somehow failed to acknowledge.
                      not providing the perfect protection that people think it is

I expect that means exactly what it says. Masks are less than perfect. There’s an easily distinguished gap between “less than perfect” and “generally ineffective” and while you’re free to bridge that gap, you need to do so in your own person, because you won’t find support for that position from Fauci without changing what he said.

I can’t comment on how widespread the belief had become that masks would be the garlic against the covid vampires, but managing expectations is surely a big part of public guidance during a pandemic.

In any case, you have not supported your claim that the original date worked better for that lying blush.

Back to you, piglet.
                      Lemme repost this yet again:
                      Anthony Fauci: Right now people shouldn't be walking. There's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better. And it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences. People keep fiddling with the mask and keep touching their face.

I submit to you that you're the one heavily reading into the underlined bit, toasti. Fauci doesn't say, "wearing a mask will help some," but "wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better." That's not exactly a vote of confidence that masks will do much of anything. Fauci's further language continues to support my reading. You and Fauci and I all know that a virus particle is far smaller than a droplet. If a mask MIGHT block a droplet, how much of a particle orders of magnitude smaller is it going to block?

I stand by my initial post.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The people who won't say they trust him includes people who won't say they trust anyone.

Question 12: When it comes to information about COVID-19, which of the following sources would you say you trust? Select all that apply. (margin of error: 5.8%)
                        • Dr. Anthony Fauci: 30.8%
                        • Federal health authorities like the CDC and the FDA: 49.8%
                        • Your doctor: 63.2%
                        • President Biden: 15.5%
                        • The news media: 10.2%

It's all about how you ask the question.

From last October, and it says 52% say he should resign, with a margin of error of 3.2 percent.

And again, it only shows that the right-wing smear campaign has been somewhat successful.
                        Yes, because I'm sure Dems are swayed by the likes of Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham of Fox News.

Comment

Yes, because I'm sure Dems are swayed by the likes of Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham of Fox News.
                          It is mostly Republicans who have been swayed.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad tPig View Post
                            Anthony Fauci: Right now people shouldn't be walking. There's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better. And it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences. People keep fiddling with the mask and keep touching their face.

I submit to you that you're the one heavily reading into the underlined bit, toasti. Fauci doesn't say, "wearing a mask will help some," but "wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better." That's not exactly a vote of confidence that masks will do much of anything. Fauci's further language continues to support my reading. You and Fauci and I all know that a virus particle is far smaller than a droplet. If a mask MIGHT block a droplet, how much of a particle orders of magnitude smaller is it going to block?

One of the massive problems with the discussion of masks, especially on this board, is that those that want to make it out to have been propaganda will not in their generalizations recognize that there are so many different kinds of mask being worn that you simply can't say the word 'masks' and then describe what they can and can't do without being wrong about the majority of the types. Masks that people wear are anything from a single layer thin cloth bandana to N95's or better. They each offer varying amounts of personal and group protection.

A second massive problem is that mask protect us in two completely different ways. The first is personal protection, keeping particles from getting into our airways. The second is by reducing the number of particles getting out into the environment by what we exhale.

A third massive problem is that no distinction of any kind is made between what masks can do to help protect us from omicron, a virus that is as contagious as the measles, and the original virus that was significantly less contagious and much less capable of surviving while airborne.

And finally, those wanting to argue the idea masking recommendations are propaganda refuse to recognize that changing circumstance REQUIRE changes in guidance. If the guidance did NOT change as circumstances change, the CDC, Fauci, whoever was providing guidance would be negligent and incompetent.

When one takes the 4 elements into account, the CDC mask conspiracies and Hate Fauci propaganda building on shifting masking guidance fall in the dust like so much chaff.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-28-2022, 08:50 PM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Your initial post said there was an advantage to making the statements a year earlier than stated by Rogue. How’s about this time you don’t duck it.

Comment

Isn't it interesting that simply telling the truth about Fauci the Fraud is dismissed by the Cult as "propaganda". I guess we should know better than to confuse them with the facts.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment