Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Fauci propaganda campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fauci propaganda campaign

Early in the pandemic, when asked by the former president to support the former president’s false statements during a news conference, Fauci declined.

By my conservative estimates, which are admittedly subject to error, the partisan propaganda campaign that resulted has been responsible for hundreds of thousands of excess deaths in the US. This campaign has promoted outright medical quackery like the original report out of Marseille supporting the use of hydroxychloroquine — which removed the patients who died from the study. It’s promoted the not-even-quackery of the Demon Semen crew.

It’s promoted heavily armed men invading the Michigan capital, repeatedly, and members of that crew plotting to kidnap the Michigan governor. It’s promoted anti-vaccination and anti-masking activism.

And it’s made Anthony Fauci who has been leading the nation through public health crises for decades into a favored target of the right fringe.

Originally posted by Juvenal

Anyway, back on topic ...

On March 8, 2020, there were about 10 cases a day were being reported, and there was no need for the country to be wandering around in masks, making Fauci's statement entirely accurate. By March 8, 2021, there had been two waves, hundreds of thousands of deaths, and the same statement would have been evidence of gross incompetence sufficient to call for his resignation.

You were saying something about the original date working better?

Perhaps rogue, and cp, and yourself, piglet, really are that unaware of those facts and that timeline. Maybe this is just incompetence, and I'll even grant it in your case and in the preacher's. But not rogue ... because he has a history of constructing falsehoods to fashion attacks on his opponents.

He did it on purpose, and you should be calling him out on that, too.
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig
    Lemme repost a snippet of rogue's posted snippet from the aforesaid interview:
    Anthony Fauci: Right now people shouldn't be walking. There's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better. And it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences. People keep fiddling with the mask and keep touching their face.

In other words, Fauci's point was that masks were generally ineffective, not that there weren't enough cases to bother worrying about.

Your move, Jerk.
    The main point from the timeline I provided is that the original date does not make Rogue’s deliberate change work better, contrary to your statement defending what I believe was a deliberate falsehood conceived by the blush.

The tangential point you’ve just raised is answered by your own source, in the bolded snippet which you’ve somehow failed to acknowledge.
    not providing the perfect protection that people think it is

I expect that means exactly what it says. Masks are less than perfect. There’s an easily distinguished gap between “less than perfect” and “generally ineffective” and while you’re free to bridge that gap, you need to do so in your own person, because you won’t find support for that position from Fauci without changing what he said.

I can’t comment on how widespread the belief had become that masks would be the garlic against the covid vampires, but managing expectations is surely a big part of public guidance during a pandemic.

In any case, you have not supported your claim that the original date worked better for that lying blush.

Back to you, piglet.

Comment

Relatively early in the pandemic, the former POTUS made the serious error of not demoting or removing the vile little orc Lord Edited by a Moderator, while adding only Scott Atlas to counter the orc's and the Scarf Queen's egomania and monomania. He should have at least attempted to add other experts such as Dr. Harvey Risch.

The resulting propaganda campaign by Edited by a Moderator and his toadies probably led to 500,000 deaths by denigrating and restricting use of cheap, effective therapeutics in the form of repurposed existing drugs like hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin, and damaged science and medicine by treating secluded ivory tower researchers as clerics speaking ex cathedra, totally dismissing the work and observations of doctors actually treating patients.

Of course all of that had only tenuous links to the supposed attempt to kidnap Gov. Halfwitmer, those links being the fact that the plot was a scam concocted by the FBI, more or less part of the same Permanent Bureaucracy infecting the NIH, NIAID, CDC, etc.

Fortunately, at least a modicum of resistance has arisen against Often-Wrong Fascist Edited by a Moderator and his cronies with the fake-cines and face-diapers.
      Last edited by Cerebrum123; 01-29-2022, 12:20 PM.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        Early in the pandemic, when asked by the former president to support the former president’s false statements during a news conference, Fauci declined.

By my conservative estimates, which are admittedly subject to error, the partisan propaganda campaign that resulted has been responsible for hundreds of thousands of excess deaths in the US. This campaign has promoted outright medical quackery like the original report out of Marseille supporting the use of hydroxychloroquine — which removed the patients who died from the study. It’s promoted the not-even-quackery of the Demon Semen crew.

It’s promoted heavily armed men invading the Michigan capital, repeatedly, and members of that crew plotting to kidnap the Michigan governor. It’s promoted anti-vaccination and anti-masking activism.

And it’s made Anthony Fauci who has been leading the nation through public health crises for decades into a favored target of the right fringe.
        Ironically it was the left that had been dismissing Fauci as a partisan hack after he praised Trump for instituting a travel ban on China saying it saved thousands of lives and bought us some needed time, something that folks like old Joe called racist and xenophobic -- and then the hypocrite started instituting his own travel bans.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          Relatively early in the pandemic, the former POTUS made the serious error of not demoting or removing the vile little orc Lord Fauc-Wad, while adding only Scott Atlas to counter the orc's and the Scarf Queen's egomania and monomania. He should have at least attempted to add other experts such as Dr. Harvey Risch.

The resulting propaganda campaign by Fauc-Wad and his toadies probably led to 500,000 deaths by denigrating and restricting use of cheap, effective therapeutics in the form of repurposed existing drugs like hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin, and damaged science and medicine by treating secluded ivory tower researchers as clerics speaking ex cathedra, totally dismissing the work and observations of doctors actually treating patients.

Of course all of that had only tenuous links to the supposed attempt to kidnap Gov. Halfwitmer, those links being the fact that the plot was a scam concocted by the FBI, more or less part of the same Permanent Bureaucracy infecting the NIH, NIAID, CDC, etc.

Fortunately, at least a modicum of resistance has arisen against Often-Wrong Fascist Fauc-Wad and his cronies with the fake-cines and face-diapers.
          I stand (well, sit) in awe at the level of your rhetoric.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            Relatively early in the pandemic, the former POTUS made the serious error of not demoting or removing the vile little orc Lord Edited by a Moderator, while adding only Scott Atlas to counter the orc's and the Scarf Queen's egomania and monomania. He should have at least attempted to add other experts such as Dr. Harvey Risch.

The resulting propaganda campaign by Edited by a Moderator and his toadies probably led to 500,000 deaths by denigrating and restricting use of cheap, effective therapeutics in the form of repurposed existing drugs like hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin, and damaged science and medicine by treating secluded ivory tower researchers as clerics speaking ex cathedra, totally dismissing the work and observations of doctors actually treating patients.

Fortunately, at least a modicum of resistance has arisen against Often-Wrong Fascist Edited by a Moderator and his cronies with the fake-cines and face-diapers.
            There's also the fact that the combination of the medication remdesiver and mechanical ventilators, a treatment regime that Fauci the Fraud gave his stamp of approval, killed more people than it helped.
            Last edited by Cerebrum123; 01-29-2022, 04:32 PM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Ironically it was the left that had been dismissing Fauci as a partisan hack after he praised Trump for instituting a travel ban on China saying it saved thousands of lives and bought us some needed time, something that folks like old Joe called racist and xenophobic -- and then the hypocrite started instituting his own travel bans.
              How many lives can be shown to have actually been saved by the specific travel Bans that were instituted early in the pandemic by the US?

How many lives were lost due to anti-masking and especially anti-vaccine misinformation rhetoric often part of the Fauci Propaganda campaign, almost exclusively promoted by conservative sources?

Accepting that there will be mistakes made in dealing with any new biological threat as it takes time to learn about it,

- in the long run which is the more effective, the most likely to save lives:
              1. to follow the recommendations that come from legitimate scientific research on that new biological threat
              2. to follow the claims coming out of non-scientific or unqualified sources that have little or no resarch to justify them
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Hence, the impression by many that this whole thing is way too political.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitte...contradictions

A Twitter thread published Wednesday aimed to put a spotlight on "the various flip-flops" of Dr. Anthony Fauci and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"We’ve all seen the various flip-flops of the CDC and Dr. Anthony Fauci over the last 18 months," freelance writer Drew Holden wrote.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

A Twitter thread published Wednesday aimed to put a spotlight on "the various flip-flops" of Dr. Anthony Fauci and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"We’ve all seen the various flip-flops of the CDC and Dr. Anthony Fauci over the last 18 months," freelance writer Drew Holden wrote.
                    It amazes me that Fauci has such an incredibly dedicated cult following.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Given that "flip-flop" includes modifying your position in light of new information, I get along a lot better with people who are willing to "flip-flop" than with people who refuse to do so.

Comment

I stand (well, sit) in awe at the level of your rhetoric.
                        I'm in awe at the content of his post. I didn't think someone who knew how to read and write could be that ignorant. But I stand corrected.
                        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It amazes me that Fauci has such an incredibly dedicated cult following.
                          I don't think it's a cult following. It's just a lot of people who see Fauci being smeared constantly in spite of there being little or no evidence that he's done anything wrong.

There does seem to be an anti-Fauci cult, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I don't think it's a cult following. It's just a lot of people who see Fauci being smeared constantly in spite of there being little or no evidence that he's done anything wrong.

There does seem to be an anti-Fauci cult, though.
                            The polls say differently. Typically "personality cults" are not measured by the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I don't think it's a cult following...
                              Meh

There are those who defend Fauci every chance they get, like he can do no wrong, making excuses for his flip-flops, amen'ing others who always seem to defend Fauci.... Kind of a cult following.

Comment