Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kevin harasses children for wearing masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post

You somehow forgot that was the biblical justification for conquest. Hilarious.
    The Bible is not in the discussion. Your blatant hypocrisy is. You don't believe in the Bible so you have no reason to use it as a rebuttal. It's merely a tu quoque fallacy.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

The Bible is not in the discussion. Your blatant hypocrisy is. You don't believe in the Bible so you have no reason to use it as a rebuttal. It's merely a tu quoque fallacy.
      Your religion says it’s sometimes okay “if they started it.” You words.

Comment

I have no idea what this thread is even about. Is whag frustrated because nobody jumped to the defense of a grown man bullying children?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Your religion says it’s sometimes okay “if they started it.” You words.
          But yours doesn't. So your response is fallacious.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Adam Savage, gone off the rails

savage.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I have no idea what this thread is even about. Is whag frustrated because nobody jumped to the defense of a grown man bullying children?
              It’s more of a “hey, look at the frustration of the anti mask crowd.” It’s no different than someone posting a video of alleged pro mask behavior. I don’t think they do that hoping leftists will agree with obnoxious confrontations and declarations of threatened violence.

I think we do it because it’s interesting.

Comment

It’s more of a “hey, look at the frustration of the anti mask crowd.” It’s no different than someone posting a video of alleged pro mask behavior. I don’t think they do that hoping leftists will agree with obnoxious confrontations and declarations of threatened violence.

I think we do it because it’s interesting.
                And then you suddenly started playing Bible trivia.

Comment

Whag gonna whag.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

There are several Karen channels on YouTube, all of which post all ethnicities of Karen.

That you are butthurt about not being able to make fun of ethnic names like in the good old days is interesting.
                    So what do you think the reaction would be if such obnoxious behavior was associated with names like Juanita and Keisha?

Would it be denounced as racist stereotyping, even after the claim that Juanita and Keisha can be any ethnicity is offered?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      So what do you think the reaction would be if such obnoxious behavior was associated with names like Juanita and Keisha?

Would it be denounced as racist stereotyping, even after the claim that Juanita and Keisha can be any ethnicity is offered?
                      You mean like if a Puerto Rican women flipped her lid in public was met with “we have a Juanita here!”? Already, it’s not the same because that happens frequently at 9gag with a thousand different black and ethnic names. Only the name Karen stuck in popular culture (and now the male equivalent “Kevin.”) There’s no April, Gwynyth, Cassidy, or Beauregard. Just Karen.

The only people who should be upset are Karens, and typically the real Karens don’t make a fuss and keep a low profile. A Karen complaining about Karen being an epithet actual sounds like a Karen, or so the joke goes.

Comment

Or rather pointing out the historical acceptance of conflict being justified by “you started it first!” That goes back to the Bible.

Comment

Another Kevin antimasker gives old librarian guff for enforcing mask policy. Not illegal but incredibly stupid.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7x0xRYG

Comment

H_A is rubbing off on him I think

Comment

Or rather pointing out the historical acceptance of conflict being justified by “you started it first!” That goes back to the Bible.
                              Sure, if you want to apply a child's understanding to scripture.

Comment

Sure, if you want to apply a child's understanding to scripture.
                                I’m not sure what childish interpretation has to do with it. Either the conquest was precipitated and justified by provocative action or it wasn’t. That’s the apologia for the wars. The same applies to WWII.

The argument that Karenism is tantamount to “sambo” and “Ching Chong” epithet is fatuous, and one can argue even if it was as blatantly racist and offensive as that—which is absurd and you know it—a bit of backlash has occurred from centuries of demeaning racist verbiage now embedded in the lexicon. That kind of backlash was bound to occur is the point.

Comment