Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden phones Peter Doocy to 'clear the air' after calling Fox reporter [SOB]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by myth View Post

    In fairness, Trump was less-than-civil about as often as Biden is civil. So it is easier to view Biden's outburst as the exception to his normal behavior, whereas with Trump that sort of stuff was just par for the course. That said, of course the mostly liberal MSM gives Biden a pass.
    :) In fairness, the MSM was hostile towards Trump about as often as they are civil with Biden. There was no love lost between the two groups. In addition, Biden's media interactions were much more scripted and controlled than Trump's were, with Biden until very recently taking very few if any questions.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by myth View Post
      In fairness, Trump was less-than-civil about as often as Biden is civil.
      We knew Trump was a "street fighter" type guy, and Biden held himself out to be a "uniter" and a moderate.

      So it is easier to view Biden's outburst as the exception to his normal behavior, whereas with Trump that sort of stuff was just par for the course. That said, of course the mostly liberal MSM gives Biden a pass.
      But that's the point - Biden's recent behavior is far different from his behavior from, say, 10 years ago. His "normal behavior" has changed, whereas Trumps still the horse's butt he was before he became POTUS.

      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

      Comment


      • #33
        I know a good solution to stop Biden's hot mic moments and saying stupid stuff.

        Just make him wear a mask while speaking. Then they can use one of those deep fake things that let's you imitate someone's voice and make him say whatever they want to. Just put a little speaker inside the mask and have someone sitting back behind the curtain ready to make him say whatever they want. They can give him a stick of gum to chew so that his jaw moves while they make him talk.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by myth View Post

          In fairness, Trump was less-than-civil about as often as Biden is civil. So it is easier to view Biden's outburst as the exception to his normal behavior, whereas with Trump that sort of stuff was just par for the course. That said, of course the mostly liberal MSM gives Biden a pass.
          Biden is civil because the press is generally fawning. Whenever they aren't old Joe has a very long history of being pretty nasty.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I know a good solution to stop Biden's hot mic moments and saying stupid stuff.

            Just make him wear a mask while speaking. Then they can use one of those deep fake things that let's you imitate someone's voice and make him say whatever they want to. Just put a little speaker inside the mask and have someone sitting back behind the curtain ready to make him say whatever they want. They can give him a stick of gum to chew so that his jaw moves while they make him talk.
            Most folks seem to dismiss the "hot mic" possibility as even his sycophants acknowledge that the mic was right in front of him and he had been speaking into it for quite some time. There is no reason for him to have believed it had been turned off. Old Joe was just being old Joe.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Most folks seem to dismiss the "hot mic" possibility as even his sycophants acknowledge that the mic was right in front of him and he had been speaking into it for quite some time. There is no reason for him to have believed it had been turned off. Old Joe was just being old Joe.
              Well the mic being right in front of him doesn't exactly mean he didn't forget it was there. This is Biden.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                We knew Trump was a "street fighter" type guy, and Biden held himself out to be a "uniter" and a moderate.



                But that's the point - Biden's recent behavior is far different from his behavior from, say, 10 years ago. His "normal behavior" has changed, whereas Trumps still the horse's butt he was before he became POTUS.
                Sounds like you're saying that Biden is more civil, generally, than Trump. So I guess we agree?
                "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Biden is civil because the press is generally fawning. Whenever they aren't old Joe has a very long history of being pretty nasty.
                  Possibly. Doesn't change the fact that I've seen a lot more vitriol spewing from Trump than I ever have from Biden. Trump has the emotional bandwidth of a 5 year old, and he doesn't really try to reign that in. At least Biden makes some effort to act like a grown adult. Heck, and I didn't even vote for Biden.
                  "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by myth View Post

                    Sounds like you're saying that Biden is more civil, generally, than Trump. So I guess we agree?
                    Absolutely. HOWEVER, Biden, for whatever reason, is showing signs of being more like Trump.

                    No, I take that back ---- Trump was upright and forthright about his nastiness --- Joe seems to think he can hide it by mumbling.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                      Absolutely. HOWEVER, Biden, for whatever reason, is showing signs of being more like Trump.

                      No, I take that back ---- Trump was upright and forthright about his nastiness --- Joe seems to think he can hide it by mumbling.
                      Either that, or he censors his comments to appear civil. Oh, wait...that's exactly what civility is, having a sense of decorum and choosing to not say everything that pops into our heads. Which brings me back to Trump having the social skills of a small child.
                      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by myth View Post

                        Either that, or he censors his comments to appear civil. Oh, wait...that's exactly what civility is, having a sense of decorum and choosing to not say everything that pops into our heads. Which brings me back to Trump having the social skills of a small child.
                        Trump is undoubtedly rude, crude and lewd. That is a given. But whenever old Joe isn't getting his rump kissed he acts very similar.

                        Look at how he lashed out at voters who question him. Calling them a "damned liar" and "lying dog-faced pony soldiers." Turning around and calling them fat and challenging them to a pushup contest.

                        Civility.

                        Only if folks are kissing his butt.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by myth View Post

                          Either that, or he censors his comments to appear civil. Oh, wait...that's exactly what civility is, having a sense of decorum and choosing to not say everything that pops into our heads. Which brings me back to Trump having the social skills of a small child.
                          Yes, Trump is a [ that word I'm not saying anymore ] in so many senses, but he got things done.

                          It's like the guys at the Fire Station who might be nasty people, but they're really good at putting out fires. When my house is on fire, I'm not going to debate their morality.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                          Comment


                          • #43

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment

                            Related Threads

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by rogue06, 05-25-2022, 07:46 AM
                            58 responses
                            341 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Juvenal
                            by Juvenal
                             
                            Started by mossrose, 05-24-2022, 05:08 PM
                            15 responses
                            117 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seanD
                            by seanD
                             
                            Started by seer, 05-24-2022, 03:59 PM
                            242 responses
                            1,535 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Cow Poke  
                            Started by seer, 05-24-2022, 01:26 PM
                            8 responses
                            66 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post rogue06
                            by rogue06
                             
                            Started by seer, 05-23-2022, 12:33 PM
                            25 responses
                            181 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seanD
                            by seanD
                             
                            Working...
                            X