Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Old Joe declares 2022 election is rigged -- unless he gets his way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Joe declares 2022 election is rigged -- unless he gets his way

On another thread MM posted the following concerning old Joe's loooong overdue press conference last night

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And in his stumbling, bumbling press conference yesterday, Joe said that if the Republicans sweep into power in November that we should question the legitimacy of the election, a statement that even CNN described as "jarring".
    This started when Allison Harris asked old Joe:

"Speaking of voting rights legislation, if this isn't passed, do you still believe the upcoming election will be fairly conducted and its results will be legitimate?"

That resulted in the following response (which he was obviously reading):

"It all depends on [long pause] whether or not we're able to make the case to the American people that some of this is being set up to try to alter the outcome of the election."

One has to wonder if that wasn't actually description of the steal the vote legislation the left is pushing.

One does not have to wonder how the MSM would have reacted if any Republican (not just Trump) had said that.

Philip Wegmann followed up on the question

[A] moment ago, you were asked whether or not you believed that we would have free and fair elections in 2022 if some of these state legislatures reformed their voting protocols. You said that it depends. Do you -- do you think that they would in any way be illegitimate?

Old Joe replied that "it would be easy to be illegitimate," but then started drifting off talking about the 2020 election forcing Wegmann to remind him that the upcoming election is this year -- 2022.

Still, Biden said he’s “sure” of the possibility it won’t “be legit” if he doesn’t get his way proclaiming,

"Imagine if those attempts to say that the count was not legit, you have to recount it or we're going to discard the following votes. The increase of the prospect of it being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed."

Later, Wegmann asked about how here in Georgia, old Joe compared Republicans to Bull Connor and George Wallace, if they didn't support his measures. This led Biden to angrily deny he had done so: "No I didn't say that."

In Atlanta last week, old Joe asked lawmakers how they wanted to be remembered:

“I ask every elected official in America: How do you want to be remembered? At consequential moments in history, they present a choice: Do you want to be on the side of Dr. King or George Wallace? Do you want to be on the side of John Lewis or Bull Connor? Do you want to be on the side of Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis?”

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

"Donald Trump refused to say that he’d respect the results of this election. By doing that, he’s threatening our democracy."
    -Hillary Clinton, October 21, 2016
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

BBC's take:

Source: Biden questions if US midterm elections will be 'legit'

US President Joe Biden has suggested the 2022 midterm elections could be "illegitimate" as his plan to overhaul the voting system was blocked.

In a White House news conference, he argued voting integrity hinged on his bid to enact the most sweeping changes to US elections in a generation.

He also conceded shortcomings on Covid testing and messaging, but pledged: "It will get better."

For the first time, he vowed to retain Kamala Harris as his 2024 running mate.

In his second ever solo White House press conference on Wednesday, Mr Biden was asked if November's congressional elections would be legitimate if he could not pass his voting plans.

"It all depends on whether or not we're able to make the case to the American people that some of this is being set up to try to alter the outcome of the election," he said, referring to stricter voting rules enacted by Republican state houses.

"I'm not saying it's going to be legit," Mr Biden said when asked about the possibility of fraud in the forthcoming elections that will decide the balance of power in Washington.

"The increase in the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed," the Democratic president continued.

Members of his own party quickly pushed back against the suggestion.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Story continues at the above link*]

It should be noted that at least in the case here in Georgia these so-called "stricter voting rules enacted by Republican state houses" made it easier to vote. The problem that the left has it that it also made it tougher to cheat. That's why Biden called the laws "Jim Crow 2.0" and earned four Pinocchios from the WaPo as a result.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"Donald Trump refused to say that he’d respect the results of this election. By doing that, he’s threatening our democracy."
        -Hillary Clinton, October 21, 2016
        Compare that to

In October 2019:

Source: Hillary Clinton Labels Trump an "Illegitimate President"

Hillary Clinton said that Donald Trump is an "illegitimate president" during a Wednesday appearance on ABC's "The View."

Source

In September 2019:

Source: Hillary Clinton: Trump is an "illegitimate president"

Hillary Clinton dismissed President Trump as an "illegitimate president" and suggested that “he knows” that he stole the 2016 presidential election in a CBS News interview to be aired Sunday.

Source

In May 2019,

Source: Hillary Clinton suggests 2016 election was "stolen" from her

Hillary Clinton said on Saturday she is advising candidates about what it is like to have an election "stolen" during an "Evening with the Clintons" event in Los Angeles, Calif.

"You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you," Clinton said she has been telling candidates who have come to see her. The comment was met with cheers.

Source

In September 2017 (nearly a year after the election, in an interview with NPR) "Hillary Clinton just floated the possibility of contesting the 2016 election"

And this from May 2020 since that was when she went on his show:

Source: Hillary doubles down: Trump's election victory was 'illegitimate', you know

At this point, maybe Hillary is tripling down or quadrupling down. She is still beating a dead horse -- the loser of the 2016 presidential election wanted the viewers of Trevor Noah's late-night television show to know that Trump's victory was illegitimate and she has thoughts or something. She doesn't have any new thoughts, mind you, but she is bitterly clinging to her old thoughts.

Source

As harsh as the above sounds it comes from a source that is ranked as Left-Center

And in October 2020, Hillary on the New York Times podcast "Sway": "I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from"

It should be noted that old Joe has also declared the 2016 election illegitimate:

At a May 2019 Biden campaign event held New Hampshire there was a woman who kept going on and on about Trump being an "illegitimate president." Toward the end she said

I think all the talk about impeachment and what the Democrats should do, that’s fine, it’s theoretical at this point. Let them investigate, let them subpoena, let them go to the Supreme Court, he's illegitimate.

Biden responded, "Would you be my vice presidential candidate?" Now that can be dismissed as joking but then Biden turned toward the crowd and declared "Folks, look, I absolutely agree." So he was removed any doubt and definitely agreed that he thought Trump was an "illegitimate president"

Comment

oxmixmudd assured us in another thread that Hillary graciously conceded.

Comment

oxmixmudd assured us in another thread that Hillary graciously conceded.
            Officially she did, although few would ever describe it as graciously. It's just that she made it very clear she didn't mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Officially she did, although few would ever describe it as graciously. It's just that she made it very clear she didn't mean it.
              Right, and according to oxmixmudd, Democrats weren't questioning the legitimacy of the election, they were merely expressing doubts "about the potential Russian involvement swaying voters", and Hillary simply had "continued concerns outside influences may have swayed voters and the full on frontal assault on the election process, election results, and future elections".

So don't you dare accuse them of questioning the legitimacy of Trump's win!

Comment

Right, and according to oxmixmudd, Democrats weren't questioning the legitimacy of the election, they were merely expressing doubts "about the potential Russian involvement swaying voters", and Hillary simply had "continued concerns outside influences may have swayed voters and the full on frontal assault on the election process, election results, and future elections".

So don't you dare accuse them of questioning the legitimacy of Trump's win!
                It isn't just Hillary and old Joe. The same is true for folks like Robert Reich (Clinton's Secretary of Labor), the late Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.)[1], Rep. Mad Max(ine) Waters (D-Ca.), Donna Brazile (Al Gore's campaign manager in 2000 and head of the Democratic National Committee), and former President Jimmy Carter since they have also claimed that Trump wasn't legitimately elected.

Likewise, Sen. Cory I-am-Spartacus Booker (D-Pa) also called him illegitimate and Sen. Bernie Sanders told George Stephanopoulos that Trump stole the election but wouldn't use the term "illegitimate" when asked, using the excuse that "Those are just words."

Rep. Jerrold Pooped-my-pants-in-public Nadler (D-NY) declared on CNN that "...the Russian weighing-in on the election, the Russian attempt to hack the election and, frankly, the FBI’s weighing-in on the election, I think, makes his election illegitimate, puts an asterisk next to his name."

And there was Don Beyer (D-Va.) who refused to attend Trump's inauguration because he declared that "I will not be part of normalizing or legitimizing a man whose election may well have depended on the malicious foreign interference of Russia’s leaders."[2] He was joined by Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) who referred to Trump as the "president semi-elect."

Then of course, you have Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Ca.), repeatedly saying that the reason that they had to proceed with the impeachment at warp speed was because they had to keep Trump from running in 2020 and stealing another election -- even after the Mueller Report and Mueller's Congressional testimony had cleared him of collusion. Keep in mind that Schiff is the clown who kept saying he had a mountain of evidence that was irrefutable proof of collusion, but for some strange reason he never shared any of this supposed "evidence" with Mueller or released any of it since then.[3]

As an aside about the aforementioned Hillary (post #4), after "graciously conceding" she, like Trump, was also involved in a bunch of lawsuits in states like Arizona, Nevada, North Carolina, Michigan and elsewhere. In her case she sued over claims of voter intimidation. She, like Trump, lost all of them.

Finally, I don't want to overlook the hypocritical MSM who clutch at their pearls when Trump questioned the 2020 results, but sang a whole different tune four years earlier: Here are the editorials run in the Washington Post (Trump is an illegitimate president whose election is tainted by fraud), U.S. News & World Report (The Illegitimate Victor), the Los Angeles Times (It's Becoming Clear: Trump Is an Illegitimate President[4]), the Guardian (One year on, Donald Trump is still an illegitimate president), Salon (Trumps presidency is illegitimate) and American Prospect (An Illegitimate Presidency).

And while we're at it, let's also not overlook the whole "Not My President Movement" which held Not My Presidents' Day rallies in over 30 cities on Presidents' Day and the New York Times ran an editorial Not My President, Not Now, Not Ever (a Washington Post-ABC poll found that a third of "Hillary Clinton supporters say Donald Trump's presidential victory is not legitimate"). There were already multiple instances of violent anti-Trump protests well before he was even elected. And the day after he was elected there was rioting in Oakland for three or four days, mostly caused by students from Berkeley. IIRC, when school authorities claimed the violence was done by outside agitators a number of students stepped forward and denied this was the case and proudly took responsibility.

Similar rioting took place in a number of other cities as well. Enough so that a reporter for the Chicago Tribune boasted that, unlike elsewhere, the protests in that city were "devoid of any of the heavy vandalism of effigy burning that occurred elsewhere"

1. No surprise there since he regarded every single Republican elected president while he was a Congressman as being illegitimate. For him if a Republican won it was because of fraud. But to be specific, according to the Washington Post (WaPo):

Rep. John Lewis, a Democratic congressman from Georgia and civil-rights icon, told NBC's Chuck Todd in an interview for Sunday's "Meet the Press" that he believes Russia's alleged hacking aimed at helping Trump in the 2016 race makes Trump an illegitimate president.
                Asked whether he would forge a relationship with President-elect Trump, Lewis said, "It's going to be very difficult. I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president."

He added: "I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected, and they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton." Lewis called it a "conspiracy" and added: "That's not right. That's not fair. That's not the open democratic process."

2. If he said he won't be part of legitimizing Trump's presidency then he thinks it was illegitimate.

3. In much the same way that Buzzfeed repeatedly insisted they actually "saw the documents" that showed that Trump told Cohen to lie before Congress, even doubling down on the claim after Mueller took the unusual action of calling their report bogus. AFAICT, they're still insisting that they saw these non-existent documents. So much for believing anything they ever say.

4. The online version changed the title to "Was the 2016 election legitimate? It's now definitely worth asking the question" but Real Clear Politics had the story with the original title.

Comment

Biden also said he was working closely with John McCain, before sort-of stopping himself and trying to change the subject. What a loon.

Comment

Joe said:

"The increase in the prospect of [the midterm election] being illegitimate is in proportion to not being able to get these reforms passed."

Of course if we apply that logic retroactively, he is essentially admitting that the 2020 election wasn't legitimate.

Comment

Joe said:
                      "The increase in the prospect of [the midterm election] being illegitimate is in proportion to not being able to get these reforms passed."

Of course if we apply that logic retroactively, he is essentially admitting that the 2020 election wasn't legitimate.
                      It is amazing how Leftoids think. If things don't go their way, the game was rigged and somebody cheated. It doesn't cross their tortured minds that not everyone thinks the way they do.

Having said this, this country really, really, really needs election reform; a standard across the country for national elections that have unobstructed observers from all sides. A national election should not hinge on Al Capone types running machinery in one or more corrupt majors cities.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        On another thread MM posted the following concerning old Joe's loooong overdue press conference last night

This started when Allison Harris asked old Joe:

"Speaking of voting rights legislation, if this isn't passed, do you still believe the upcoming election will be fairly conducted and its results will be legitimate?"

That resulted in the following response (which he was obviously reading):

"It all depends on [long pause] whether or not we're able to make the case to the American people that some of this is being set up to try to alter the outcome of the election."

One has to wonder if that wasn't actually description of the steal the vote legislation the left is pushing.

One does not have to wonder how the MSM would have reacted if any Republican (not just Trump) had said that.

Philip Wegmann followed up on the question

[A] moment ago, you were asked whether or not you believed that we would have free and fair elections in 2022 if some of these state legislatures reformed their voting protocols. You said that it depends. Do you -- do you think that they would in any way be illegitimate?

Old Joe replied that "it would be easy to be illegitimate," but then started drifting off talking about the 2020 election forcing Wegmann to remind him that the upcoming election is this year -- 2022.

Still, Biden said he’s “sure” of the possibility it won’t “be legit” if he doesn’t get his way proclaiming,

"Imagine if those attempts to say that the count was not legit, you have to recount it or we're going to discard the following votes. The increase of the prospect of it being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed."

Later, Wegmann asked about how here in Georgia, old Joe compared Republicans to Bull Connor and George Wallace, if they didn't support his measures. This led Biden to angrily deny he had done so: "No I didn't say that."

In Atlanta last week, old Joe asked lawmakers how they wanted to be remembered:

“I ask every elected official in America: How do you want to be remembered? At consequential moments in history, they present a choice: Do you want to be on the side of Dr. King or George Wallace? Do you want to be on the side of John Lewis or Bull Connor? Do you want to be on the side of Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis?”
                        It is always tricky calling out a fellow who goes and actually does what he falsely accused you of doing first. A smart tactic really, if you have no conscience. First smear the one that would call you down so people won't trust them. Same tactic used to get a large part of the country to turn off legitimate media sources.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It is amazing how Leftoids think. If things don't go their way, the game was rigged and somebody cheated. It doesn't cross their tortured minds that not everyone thinks the way they do.

Having said this, this country really, really, really needs election reform; a standard across the country for national elections that have unobstructed observers from all sides. A national election should not hinge on Al Capone types running machinery in one or more corrupt majors cities.
                          But then there's the danger of the federal government taking power away from the states by seizing control of their elections. That would almost certainly make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

It is always tricky calling out a fellow who goes and actually does what he falsely accused you of doing first. A smart tactic really, if you have no conscience. First smear the one that would call you down so people won't trust them. Same tactic used to get a large part of the country to turn off legitimate media sources.
                            Nothing to say about the Dems doing exactly what I described in the other thread which you declared they don't do?

And what do you consider a 'legitimate media source'? Give us an example.

Comment

But then there's the danger of the federal government taking power away from the states by seizing control of their elections. That would almost certainly make things worse.
                              That would be a nearly impossible usurpation in a country this size. I can't imagine Men In Black pushing the little old lady volunteers out the back door in tiny precincts everywhere. And they wouldn't care about those precincts anyway but only the ones in the big cities, and that would not be uniform or a national standard if they ran only those.

Again, the answer is complete transparency at every level. No floor-length black tablecloths, no tinted windows, no stopping counting until they kick people out of the room, no mysterious suitcases, etc. Legislated transparency.

Comment