Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Matt Walsh Stumps LGBT Activist On ‘Dr. Phil’ Show: ‘What Is A Woman?’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Walsh Stumps LGBT Activist On ‘Dr. Phil’ Show: ‘What Is A Woman?’

OK, the title is a bit aggressive, but the logic here is pretty good...

Matt Walsh Stumps LGBT Activist On ‘Dr. Phil’ Show: ‘What Is A Woman?’

Daily Wire podcast host and author Matt Walsh appeared on an episode of “Dr. Phil,” where the conservative battled leftwing gender ideology and asked two guests who identify as “non-binary” to define what a woman is.

The guests both said that they were unable to define what a woman is, instead telling Walsh, bluntly, “No, I can’t,” and suggesting “womanhood” is “different” for each person and therefore cannot be defined.

Walsh told Dr. Phil that when it comes to children, there can be a “basic confusion” about gender but that does not make a child “transgender.” Giving an example, he said if a four-year-old boy tells a parent they are a girl, the parent should ask why. The author said the kid will likely say that he wants to play with a dollhouse, or likes the color pink. Walsh said that the child just wants to do stereotypically girl things, which is fine, but it does not change his sex or gender. That child is still a boy.

Expanding on the idea, Walsh posed the question to two guests, LGBT activist Addison, who is “non-binary,” and Ethan, who is also “non-binary.”

“What is a woman? Can you tell me what a woman is?” Walsh queried.

“No, I can’t,” admitted Ethan, “because it’s not for me to say. Womanhood looks different for everybody.”

Speaking to Addison, Walsh stated, “You stood up here and said, ‘Trans women are women.’ What is a woman?”

“Womanhood is … something that I cannot define,” Addison said.

“But you used the word,” Walsh pushed back. “So what did you mean when you said, ‘Trans women are women’?”

“I do not define what a woman is because I do not identity as a woman,” Addison responded. “Womanhood is something that is an umbrella term.”

“That describes what?” Walsh interjected.

“People who identify as a woman,” Addison said.

Walsh, again, pressed, “Identify as what?”

“A woman,” Addison said. “What is that?” Walsh pressed.

“To each their own,” said Addison, adding that “each person” is “going to have a different relationship with their own gender identity and define it differently. So, trans women are women.”

“You won’t even tell me what the word means though, so that’s the problem,” Walsh responded.

Addison then accused Walsh of wanting to “reduce men down to our genitals, our chromosomes.”

“No,” Walsh shot back, “what you want to do is appropriate womanhood, and turn it into, basically, a costume that could be worn.”

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

[QUOTE=Cow Poke;n1344501]OK, the title is a bit aggressive, but the logic here is pretty good...

Yes I saw that, great points...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Yes I saw that, great points...

Trying to define "what a woman is" is "sexist".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This part....

...there can be a “basic confusion” about gender but that does not make a child “transgender.” Giving an example, he said if a four-year-old boy tells a parent they are a girl, the parent should ask why. The author said the kid will likely say that he wants to play with a dollhouse, or likes the color pink. Walsh said that the child just wants to do stereotypically girl things, which is fine, but it does not change his sex or gender. That child is still a boy.

... is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Trying to define "what a woman is" is "sexist".
          Lol, it got even better, when they talked about people getting to choose their pronouns, he said that it's like declaring you get your own adjectives and he decides his adjectives are "handsome and brilliant', and now you have to call him handsome and brilliant whenever using adjectives about him.
          https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/st...21052350746626

Comment

Matt did a great job of exposing the gender nonsense these clearly confused people are espousing.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Matt did a great job of exposing the gender nonsense these clearly confused people are espousing.
              And I thought circus "bearded women" were a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                And you have that trans "woman" with a full beard! The bearded lady in the circus? Opportunity knocks...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

What was Phil's response? And when was this?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    What was Phil's response? And when was this?
                    The clip that I saw - Dr Phil was watching like a spectator at a ping pong match. I'll look for a longer version.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The clip that I saw - Dr Phil was watching like a spectator at a ping pong match. I'll look for a longer version.
                      I found it on my cable on demand thingy. Looks like it was last week sometime. Thanks, my brother.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I found it on my cable on demand thingy. Looks like it was last week sometime. Thanks, my brother.

Maybe it was yesterday,

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

And you have that trans "woman" with a full beard! The bearded lady in the circus? Opportunity knocks...
                          Now now now, she-he is "non-binary", not "trans"

Comment

If "woman" means whatever a person wants it to mean then trans people should have no problem how we use it, right? And they shouldn't get upset if we don't use their "pronouns" either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              If "woman" means whatever a person wants it to mean then trans people should have no problem how we use it, right? And they shouldn't get upset if we don't use their "pronouns" either.
                              I loved the point about "sex" being in our very bones --- that we dig up a skeleton from 400 years ago, we can tell what sex it is. Can't know anything about what it was thinking, or thought, but we know it was male or female.

Comment