Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The men getting vasectomies to save the world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Please point out where I or anyone else said or even implied otherwise.
    In your reply to me you were somewhat self-righteously intolerant concerning personal behaviour. [my emphasis].

One does not require an operation if one possesses even a little bit of self control. Moreover, these are typically folks who woulda had one or two kids which hardly contributes to over-population so it is in effect nothing but more virtue signaling.

And you have yet to explain how you have come to know that these individuals "are typically folks who woulda had one or two kids" and that their [collective] decisions are "in effect nothing but more virtue signaling".

Are you still consulting a liver in order to make your predictions? Or have you transferred to using a crystal or consulting the tea-leaves?
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

In your reply to me you were somewhat self-righteously intolerant concerning personal behaviour. [my emphasis].

And you have yet to explain how you have come to know that these individuals "are typically folks who woulda had one or two kids" and that their [collective] decisions are "in effect nothing but more virtue signaling".

Are you still consulting a liver in order to make your predictions? Or have you transferred to using a crystal or consulting the tea-leaves?
      Given that in much of the industrial world the average is <2 kids, it's fairly likely his statement holds true. Sure, one or two of them might have had 15 kids, but you'll notice he did use the qualifier "typically", and based on industrial average, he would probably be right.

(Also, for the record, the "box" tag is unnecessary if you are quoting someone, "box" and "quote" function near identically, with the exception that "box" won't automatically italicize words. But putting a quote in additional box negates that one advantage.

Boxed Words

Quoted Words
      boxed and quoted words
      Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 01-20-2022, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Maybe these guys should get superhero outfits for saving the world.

Bright red tights with a picture of a sperm with the No symbol over it emblazoned across their chests.

And take on alternative identities like The Dry Shooter and Blankman.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Given that in much of the industrial world the average is <2 kids, it's fairly likely his statement holds true. Sure, one or two of them might have had 15 kids, but you'll notice he did use the qualifier "typically", and based on industrial average, he would probably be right.

(Also, for the record, the "box" tag is unnecessary if you are quoting someone, "box" and "quote" function near identically, with the exception that "box" won't automatically italicize words. But putting a quote in additional box negates that one advantage.

Boxed Words

Can you not let people answer for themselves?

Or do you see your role here as a self-appointed Defence counsel?
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

This is a discussion forum, not a private conversation.

Can you NOT try to run the board?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's a discussion forum. I am discussing. If you don't like it, move on to a new forum.

You could have chosen to ignore my comment if you didn't like it. Instead you chose to ignore the content and complain.

Comment

It's a discussion forum. I am discussing. If you don't like it, move on to a new forum.

You could have chosen to ignore my comment if you didn't like it. Instead you chose to ignore the content and complain.
                We actually have an area for one-on-one (or otherwise limited participants) discussions.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh you mean like calling people greedy for caring about their money being taken from them by the government? That sort of self-righteous intolerance concerning personal behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

This is a discussion forum, not a private conversation.

Can you NOT try to run the board?
                    Well, we all know you guys do a poor job of managing the forums. SOMEONE has to take over.

Comment

Well, we all know you guys do a poor job of managing the forums. SOMEONE has to take over.
                      And who better than a Crazy Old German Cat Lady?

Comment

Maybe these guys should get superhero outfits for saving the world.

Bright red tights with a picture of a sperm with the No symbol over it emblazoned across their chests.

And take on alternative identities like The Dry Shooter and Blankman.
                        This is a good comment and would appeal to all cat lovers.

Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 01-20-2022, 08:17 AM.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I just consulted my liver and it says Hypatia should not be commenting on men's issues as she is not a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I just consulted my liver and it says Hypatia should not be commenting on men's issues as she is not a man.
                            She really should recuse herself from this thread.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

She really should recuse herself from this thread.
                              Does she EVER? Eventually she just kinda ups and disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Anyone can offer an opinion.

I not telling men that they should have vasectomies nor do I support campaigns for the introduction of legislation that would enforce them to do so!
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment