Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another leftist racist narrative bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    So much for the Dems' -- "blacks are too dumb or poor to get ID, therefore they're against it" -- political trope they use as an excuse to secure our elections...

Majority of Michigan voters favor increased voter security, new poll finds

And don't even get started on Biden's audacity to make any references to segregationists or racism accusation implications.
    Nationally we see the same: black, hispanic, and low income people overwhelmingly (the groups the left claims will be disproportionately affected negatively by such laws) favor voter ID laws, for example, including for absentee voting:
    https://www.honestelections.org/wp-c...-Memo-v4-1.pdf

Most striking is the sustained support for photo ID requirements among voters whom progressives insist are being deliberately disenfranchised by them. Some 77% of Black voters, 78% of Hispanic voters, and 81% of lower-income voters believe voters should have to show a photo ID to vote. Black voter support for photo ID laws is up 13 points since the March survey. Strong majorities
    of Republicans (97%), Independents (82%), and Democrats (67%) favor photo ID laws, and support has risen in all three categories since March.

Americans support providing free photo IDs, not eliminating photo ID requirements when voting.

One common objection to photo ID laws is that some voters lack them. Only 12% of respondents support eliminating voter ID laws on that basis; 74% prefer preserving identification requirements while ensuring that voters have opportunities to get free IDs if they need them. Every state with a voter ID law offers voters the chance to get one for free, and the existence of a free ID makes 43% of voter ID opponents more likely to favor these laws. With better education and greater awareness of these programs, public support for ID laws may climb even higher.

Voters want identification requirements for mail-in ballots, too.
    This year, states like Georgia and Florida have adopted new laws bringing photo ID
    requirements to absentee voting. Liberal activists and politicians attacked lawmakers for taking this step, yet almost three-quarters (71%) of respondents back these policies.

Absentee ID laws are broadly supported by Black (70% vs. 21%), Hispanic (73% vs. 19%), and lower-income voters (72% vs. 19%), and overall support for absentee ID has grown since March (66%). Some 77% of respondents reported it would be easy to comply with an ID law that required a voter to hand write an ID number or a portion of their social security number—the mechanism chosen by states like Georgia, Florida, and Texas. Support for absentee ID laws has the strong potential to continue to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I've been a proponent of that for a long time, and we do that in Texas. (And I even amen'd your post in good conscience)
      A Texas ID would be good for about 2/3 of the states, I believe. Won't help you if you just moved to Florida, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yep (didn't know that about Georgia, interesting). And not to mention most of the states where this is law, most minorities tend toward living inside of the cities. Which is where most of the DMV offices are. If anything it would be harder for white rural voters to get an ID if they didn't have any, not minorities.

Some Liberals just don't think through their arguments, nor how racist their arguments sound.
        It has been around for awhile now and has been thoroughly challenged in the courts only to pass through unscathed.

It is a free card. And as I said they will come out to where you live, no charge, if for some reason you can't make it to where they issue drivers licenses.

As for the latter, Georgia has several in each county. Georgia also has more counties than any state except Texas. Supposedly, the reason for that is so that, back in the day, going to the county seat would be no more than a daytrip for anyone.

There are several places to get a drivers license in each county, and until very recently I had three within five miles (one recently closed).

So there has never been a reason for not having a valid photo ID here. And it pisses Democrats like Stacey Abrams off to no end.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And it pisses Democrats like Stacey Abrams off to no end.
          A big plus!

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

A Texas ID would be good for about 2/3 of the states, I believe. Won't help you if you just moved to Florida, for example.
            What in blue blazes does that have to do with anything? If you move to Florida, you'll need to get a Florida Drivers' license or ID.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What in blue blazes does that have to do with anything?
              That's what the quote in Rogue's post was about that I replied to: "a photo ID card that would meet the voting requirements in every state."

If you move to Florida, you'll need to get a Florida Drivers' license or ID.
              If the above photo ID card was available, then you wouldn't have to wait for that in order to vote.

Comment

That's what the quote in Rogue's post was about that I replied to: "a photo ID card that would meet the voting requirements in every state."
                Okaaaaaaaayyyyy... but you were responding to me about Texas....

If the above photo ID card was available, then you wouldn't have to wait for that in order to vote.
                Ya lost me, but that's OK.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

A big plus!
                  The scary thing is, that due to having a well organized campaign, and thanks to Trump willing to put her in office if it means getting back at Brian Kemp regardless off the consequences, she very well may be the next governor.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We have them. They are called "Passports" - they not only identify you with a photo, they will state your citizenship and are accepted in all 50 states as well as pretty much every country.

But even if you did have some sort of national ID card, you can't vote in a state until you register to vote in that state, so you can't just move to a new state and start voting. You have to register and declare a party (so you can vote in primaries) in your resident state -- which means even if you had a federal ID, you still need to prove residency before voting in a state. That's to stop people from just driving from state to state voting over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

We have them. They are called "Passports" - they not only identify you with a photo, they will state your citizenship and are accepted in all 50 states as well as pretty much every country.

But even if you did have some sort of national ID card, you can't vote in a state until you register to vote in that state, so you can't just move to a new state and start voting. You have to register and declare a party (so you can vote in primaries) in your resident state -- which means even if you had a federal ID, you still need to prove residency before voting in a state. That's to stop people from just driving from state to state voting over and over.
                      I don't think all states require you to declare a party, eh?

open primary.jpg

Comment

open primary.jpg
                        I did not know that. Another example of how not all states are monolithic.

Comment

open primary.jpg
                          Yup. I'm neither Republican nor Democrat and have voted in both Democrat and Republican primaries (just not during the same year).

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I did not know that. Another example of how not all states are monolithic.
                            EGGzackly --- and why we don't need Biden telling us (in each of our own States) how to run our business.

Comment