Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another leftist racist narrative bites the dust

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another leftist racist narrative bites the dust

    So much for the Dems' -- "blacks are too dumb or poor to get ID, therefore they're against it" -- political trope they use as an excuse to secure our elections...

    Majority of Michigan voters favor increased voter security, new poll finds

    An overwhelming majority of Michigan voters are in favor of increased election security, including measures requiring photo identification to vote, a recent poll by the Remington Research Group found.

    The poll, commissioned by Americans for Citizen Voting, surveyed 1,011 likely 2022 General Election Michigan voters. Among results, it found more than 75% of participants supported a requirement to show a government-issued photo ID in order to vote, while support among Black residents was even higher at 79%.

    “A majority of African Americans in Michigan support voter ID because they understand it is the surest way to validate a voter’s identification,” Christopher Arps, president of Americans for Citizen Voting, said in the release. “People who look like me know how important the vote is, and we want to protect it.”

    Results from the poll likewise indicate overwhelming support for the Secure MI Vote ballot initiative, offering several election security provisions and underscoring the necessity for an official ID photo to vote.

    “The people of Michigan have a right to decide their own election rules and processes,” Arps added. “Unfortunately, just today the U.S. House of Representatives passed so-called voting rights legislation that would block the clear will of Michigan voters and those in other states. And the Senate threatens to change its rules to pass this slap at voters.”

    The poll was conducted from Jan. 8-9. It has a margin of error of +/-3% and a 95% level of confidence.

    This comes as the Michigan state legislature passed measures that Republicans say would have improved the integrity of elections in the Mitten State in late 2021. Measures included would have increased identification requirements for both in-person and absentee voting, though it was ultimately vetoed by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, the Detroit News reports.

    And don't even get started on Biden's audacity to make any references to segregationists or racism accusation implications.
    "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

  • #2
    Recently, in Atlanta, old Joe made his now notorious remarks (even liberal buddy Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) said "went a little too far in his rhetoric"):

    "Do you want to be on the side of Dr. [Martin Luther] King or George Wallace?" Biden asked, as he stank it up. "Do you want to be on the side of John Lewis or Bull Connor? Do you want to be on the side of Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis?"


    Of course Biden conveniently overlooks the fact that all three of the bad guys in his comparison were Democrats, and that like many other notorious segregationists back in the day, he also courted George "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever!" Wallace's favor


    And as your most recent survey again shows, people want voter ID. The majority want more secure elections. This includes blacks.


    Here is something from a piece in the WaPo from 2017 by Martin Luther King III:

    Even more fortunately, it is indisputable that nonpartisan, common-sense solutions are available. In 2014, as the nation celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act at the LBJ Presidential Library, former presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton endorsed my friend Andrew Young’s proposal that all citizens be able to obtain a photo ID card that would meet the voting requirements in every state. Following the event, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly voiced his support for the plan, saying they were “doing the country a service” and declaring, “Let’s get the pictures on the Social Security card, stop the nonsense and be a responsible country.” As Young has said, “The challenge with voter ID laws isn’t the requirement to show ID, it’s that so many people lack ID. That is the problem that needs to be fixed — and not just for voting. In today’s world, you can’t open a bank account without a photo ID — and the only people happy about that are check cashers.”

    All Trump has to do is direct the Social Security Administration to add a photo to the Social Security card of any citizen who needs it. Carter said if he were president he would sign that executive order “in a New York minute.” The likely cost of this move — about $18 million — would be virtually insignificant given the benefit of ensuring that every citizen has the opportunity to exercise his or her right to vote.


    IIRC, there is a federal law against using your Social Security card as an official government ID.

    The point being, there is so much support for things like voter ID that you can even find it in places you might not expect it.




    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      If a group that is strongly in favor of X presents a poll showing most voters are in favor of X, wouldn't you take it with a grain of salt, if you weren't strongly in favor of X yourself?

      Comment


      • #4
        The hypocrisy and evil is incomprehensible.
        "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by seanD View Post
          So much for the Dems' -- "blacks are too dumb or poor to get ID, therefore they're against it" -- political trope they use as an excuse to secure our elections...

          Majority of Michigan voters favor increased voter security, new poll finds




          And don't even get started on Biden's audacity to make any references to segregationists or racism accusation implications.
          What a bunch of racist african americans!
          "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
          - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Here is something from a piece in the WaPo from 2017 by Martin Luther King III:

            Even more fortunately, it is indisputable that nonpartisan, common-sense solutions are available. In 2014, as the nation celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act at the LBJ Presidential Library, former presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton endorsed my friend Andrew Young’s proposal that all citizens be able to obtain a photo ID card that would meet the voting requirements in every state. Following the event, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly voiced his support for the plan, saying they were “doing the country a service” and declaring, “Let’s get the pictures on the Social Security card, stop the nonsense and be a responsible country.” As Young has said, “The challenge with voter ID laws isn’t the requirement to show ID, it’s that so many people lack ID. That is the problem that needs to be fixed — and not just for voting. In today’s world, you can’t open a bank account without a photo ID — and the only people happy about that are check cashers.”

            All Trump has to do is direct the Social Security Administration to add a photo to the Social Security card of any citizen who needs it. Carter said if he were president he would sign that executive order “in a New York minute.” The likely cost of this move — about $18 million — would be virtually insignificant given the benefit of ensuring that every citizen has the opportunity to exercise his or her right to vote.


            IIRC, there is a federal law against using your Social Security card as an official government ID.

            The point being, there is so much support for things like voter ID that you can even find it in places you might not expect it.
            There should be a lot of support for making it easy for citizens to obtain a photo ID card that would meet the voting requirements in every state.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

              What a bunch of racist african americans!
              You joke, but I actually wouldn't put that accusation passed them. The Dems apparently won't stop at anything to keep our elections insecure.
              "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stoic View Post

                There should be a lot of support for making it easy for citizens to obtain a photo ID card that would meet the voting requirements in every state.
                There..... is. Literally every state that has recently passed voter ID gives FREE photo voter ID to those who need them to vote. At least one state even has a hotline you can call (Alabama I think), where you can literally arrange FREE pickup and transportation to and from the government office and your home, in order to obtain your free voter ID.
                "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by seanD View Post

                  You joke, but I actually wouldn't put that accusation passed them. The Dems apparently won't stop at anything to keep our elections insecure.
                  They already have didn't you know that to the Dems Larry Elder is the black face of white supremacy?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                    If a group that is strongly in favor of X presents a poll showing most voters are in favor of X, wouldn't you take it with a grain of salt, if you weren't strongly in favor of X yourself?
                    I'd take it with a grain of salt even if I were strongly in favour myself.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

                    mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

                    Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    Mountain Man on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

                    Sparko: Even the deists like Jefferson believed in the Christian God, ...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                      If a group that is strongly in favor of X presents a poll showing most voters are in favor of X, wouldn't you take it with a grain of salt, if you weren't strongly in favor of X yourself?
                      Nice non-contributory hand-wave

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                        If a group that is strongly in favor of X presents a poll showing most voters are in favor of X, wouldn't you take it with a grain of salt, if you weren't strongly in favor of X yourself?
                        If it weren't for the fact that numerous independent polls have found effectively the same thing you might have a point. Last summer a Monmouth poll found that 80% of Americans favor photo IDs with only 18% opposed. This was confirmed by another poll conducted by Honest Elections taken around the same time which found that 81% support the measure, and both confirmed a Pew Research Center poll in April that found that 76% of Americans favor it. The recent poll showing the lowest level for support for photo IDs was conducted by AP-NORC in March which found that 72% were in favor.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stoic View Post

                          There should be a lot of support for making it easy for citizens to obtain a photo ID card that would meet the voting requirements in every state.
                          I've been a proponent of that for a long time, and we do that in Texas. (And I even amen'd your post in good conscience)
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                            There..... is. Literally every state that has recently passed voter ID gives FREE photo voter ID to those who need them to vote. At least one state even has a hotline you can call (Alabama I think), where you can literally arrange FREE pickup and transportation to and from the government office and your home, in order to obtain your free voter ID.
                            In Georgia its free and they will even come out to where you live and do everything there if for some reason you can't go five miles to where you get drivers licenses.

                            I'm always still in trouble again

                            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              In Georgia its free and they will even come out to where you live and do everything there if for some reason you can't go five miles to where you get drivers licenses.
                              Yep (didn't know that about Georgia, interesting). And not to mention most of the states where this is law, most minorities tend toward living inside of the cities. Which is where most of the DMV offices are. If anything it would be harder for white rural voters to get an ID if they didn't have any, not minorities.

                              Some Liberals just don't think through their arguments, nor how racist their arguments sound.
                              "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                              - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rogue06, 05-25-2022, 07:46 AM
                              58 responses
                              349 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Juvenal
                              by Juvenal
                               
                              Started by mossrose, 05-24-2022, 05:08 PM
                              15 responses
                              117 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Started by seer, 05-24-2022, 03:59 PM
                              314 responses
                              1,995 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, 05-24-2022, 01:26 PM
                              8 responses
                              66 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by seer, 05-23-2022, 12:33 PM
                              25 responses
                              184 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Working...
                              X