Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CDC Finally Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I don't know why it's so hard to comprehend that you can think somebody is a political hack out for his own advancement without that turning into hate.
    He's not that much different than a lot of other political hacks - on BOTH sides of the aisle.
    I wasn't talking about people who think Fauci is a political hack. I wouldn't consider that hate, though I disagree with that characterization.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      I wasn't talking about people who think Fauci is a political hack.
      I do.

I wouldn't consider that hate, though I disagree with that characterization.
      That's it! I hate you with a passion and I hope you grow udders and get milk!!!!

(It's rather obvious you don't think Fauci is a political hack, and that's perfectly OK with me, because, after all, H_A will tell you that's only your opinion.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post

We'll skip over your own history of smears and insults when people question your pet positions

Two big assumptions there:
        (1) that anyone you're addressing actually hates Fauci, as opposed to thinking he's wrong, dangerous or incompetent

(2) that any supposed hatred of Fauci is unjustified. If what some here believe is true, then hatred is a pretty mild response, frankly.
        I believe Lord Fauc-wad knowingly supported foolish gain-of-function research in Wuhan and tried to cover it up, including via dishonest testimony in Congress. I believe has repeatedly lied in public statements, maybe or maybe not in support of his own views of "the greater good." I believe he has knowingly supported cruel and unnecessary animal experiments. I believe he has been monomaniacal about both the virus and the jab as the means of defeating it, ignoring on the one hand other health threats consequent to masks, lockdowns, and the vaxxes themselves, and on the other hand repurposed existing drugs as low-cost therapeutics. I believe he and Frankie Collins treated Jay Bhattacharya and his associates shamefully and slanderously in regard to the Great Barrington Declaration. I believe the frequency and character of his public appearances, and the way his office is festooned with icons to his own magnificence, testify to odious ego-centrism.

Accordingly, I have in various places characterized Lord Fauc-wad with such terms as "vile little orc" and "narcissistic egomaniacal demonic little sociopath," and Frankie Collins as "rancid old turd."

I acknowledge these labels can reasonably be considered evidence of "hate." I accept whatever that says about me and my own character.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

So it seems like the takeaway here is that if what some here believe is true, they would be fully justified in hating Fauci. But it would still be wrong to assume that they hate Fauci.

But what about if they say things like, "He's a narcissistic, egomaniacal, demonic little sociopath." In that case, would it be fair to assume that they hate Fauci?
          See my post of a few minutes ago.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

You don't have to hate something to make an observation of their character.

I don't hate Trump but I'll readily say he is an egotistical nepotistic narcissistic twit. Don't have to hate fauci to call out what he is and how he behaves.....
            As a supporter of Bad Orange Man, I completely agree with that assessment of him. I support him in spite of those traits (and honestly, in the cases where those traits become amusing, *because* of them). But my antipathy toward Lord Fauc-wad is greater.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I believe Lord Fauc-wad knowingly supported foolish gain-of-function research in Wuhan and tried to cover it up, including via dishonest testimony in Congress. I believe has repeatedly lied in public statements, maybe or maybe not in support of his own views of "the greater good." I believe he has knowingly supported cruel and unnecessary animal experiments. I believe he has been monomaniacal about both the virus and the jab as the means of defeating it, ignoring on the one hand other health threats consequent to masks, lockdowns, and the vaxxes themselves, and on the other hand repurposed existing drugs as low-cost therapeutics. I believe he and Frankie Collins treated Jay Bhattacharya and his associates shamefully and slanderously in regard to the Great Barrington Declaration. I believe the frequency and character of his public appearances, and the way his office is festooned with icons to his own magnificence, testify to odious ego-centrism.

Accordingly, I have in various places characterized Lord Fauc-wad with such terms as "vile little orc" and "narcissistic egomaniacal demonic little sociopath," and Frankie Collins as "rancid old turd."

I acknowledge these labels can reasonably be considered evidence of "hate." I accept whatever that says about me and my own character.
              I would go even further. I believe Fauci and his group released the virus they created with the intent to start a pandemic. The so-called "lab leak" story was just a cover story in case their ability to restrain the investigation failed, hence, that would be the smoke screen story. But even if the best case was true, that he was responsible for just an accident, the fact he's covering it up... I got to say... justifiable hatred would be hard to refute, much more so if I'm right and he did it intentionally.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I would go even further. I believe Fauci and his group released the virus they created with the intent to start a pandemic. The so-called "lab leak" story was just a cover story in case their ability to restrain the investigation failed, hence, that would be the smoke screen story. But even if the best case was true, that he was responsible for just an accident, the fact he's covering it up... I got to say... justifiable hatred would be hard to refute, much more so if I'm right and he did it intentionally.
                The fact that Fauci the Fraud has had a cozy and highly lucrative relationship with Big Pharma for decades, and the fact that Pfizer and Moderna are enjoying record profits (with Moderna being pulled out of the jaws of bankruptcy thanks to the pandemic -- the China flu vaccine is their only product) paints a rather grim picture. Fauci has a long history of punting to Big Pharma to create novel "cures" for diseases instead of researching how to prevent and treat disease spread using cheap, readily available, and proven therapeutics.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I would go even further. I believe Fauci and his group released the virus they created with the intent to start a pandemic.
                  I'm not there yet, but I'm not totally closed to the idea.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The fact that Fauci the Fraud has had a cozy and highly lucrative relationship with Big Pharma for decades, and the fact that Pfizer and Moderna are enjoying record profits (with Moderna being pulled out of the jaws of bankruptcy thanks to the pandemic -- the China flu vaccine is their only product) paints a rather grim picture. Fauci has a long history of punting to Big Pharma to create novel "cures" for diseases instead of researching how to prevent and treat disease spread using cheap, readily available, and proven therapeutics.
                    The fact that NIH and Moderna were/are in legal disputes over jab patent rights coupled with the relentless push in favor of jabs these two institutions are engaged in was the straw for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I believe Lord Fauc-wad
                      This exhibits hate - by definition. It is an expression of extreme dislike, loathing, etc.

knowingly supported foolish gain-of-function research in Wuhan and tried to cover it up,
                      This could be a subject of legitimate debate where an opinion of truth or false would have nothing to do with hate - neither opinion would be evidence of hate or love.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

The fact that NIH and Moderna were/are in legal disputes over jab patent rights coupled with the relentless push in favor of jabs these two institutions are engaged in was the straw for me.
                        Dear God!

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

This exhibits hate - by definition. It is an expression of extreme dislike, loathing, etc.
                          By your logic, Jesus was expressing hatred towards the Pharisees when he called them "a pit of vipers" and "whitewashed tombs" (both expressions would have been shockingly offensive to first century Jewish sensibilities), or when he chastised the Apostle Peter by telling him, "Get behind me, Satan!" So I guess Jesus just couldn't help himself because he was consumed by hatred, right?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            CDC Finally Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater

Mask mandates have always been more about showing compliance than keeping people safe, and the CDC’s latest embarrassing disclosure further proves it.

For two years now, to walk into a grocery store barefaced has been to risk soliciting dirty stares, at least in some parts of the country. But walk in with your face covered by a thin piece of fabric, preferably with some vaguely woke slogan, that you got overpriced on Etsy? You’re golden.

Masks have been obvious political theater from the start, back when Anthony Fauci et al. promised we didn’t need them and then flip-flopped and promised we did. But when sensible observers tried to point that out, the Big Tech-media cabal gleefully slapped them with “fact” “checks.”

When The Federalist ran the headline “Many Studies Find That Cloth Masks Do Not Stop Viruses Like COVID” in November 2020, Lead Stories attempted to “fact-check” the piece, slapping a red “masks work” label over a screenshot of the original article.

The “fact-check” even cited data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the effectiveness of masks against COVID-19, where the CDC insisted, “Cloth masks not only effectively block most large droplets (i.e., 20-30 microns and larger), but they can also block the exhalation of fine droplets and particles,” and “cloth mask materials can also reduce wearers’ exposure to infectious droplets through filtration.”

Yet the same CDC quietly admitted on Friday that the thin cloth masks the agency and its corporate media allies spent the last two years cheering actually “provide the least protection” against COVID-19. It was “the first time the C.D.C. has explicitly addressed” the relative ineffectiveness of cloth masks, according to The New York Times.

The agency’s concession comes on the heels of admissions from people like CNN’s Leana Wen that “cloth masks are not appropriate for this pandemic.”

This latest reversal in a long line of trust-eroding flip-flops means a victory lap is well deserved by people like Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul, who was censored by Google-owned YouTube for suggesting that cloth masks don’t work and N95s do. It’s also deserved by everyone who refused to hang a piece of useless fabric from their ears at every restaurant, store, and airport for the sole purpose of fitting into the popular political narrative.
                            For two years now, to walk into a grocery store barefaced has been to risk soliciting dirty stares, at least in some parts of the country. But walk in with your face covered by a thin piece of fabric, preferably with some vaguely woke slogan, that you got overpriced on Etsy? You’re golden.

Masks have been obvious political theater from the start, back when Anthony Fauci et al. promised we didn’t need them and then flip-flopped and promised we did. But when sensible observers tried to point that out, the Big Tech-media cabal gleefully slapped them with “fact” “checks.”

When The Federalist ran the headline “Many Studies Find That Cloth Masks Do Not Stop Viruses Like COVID” in November 2020, Lead Stories attempted to “fact-check” the piece, slapping a red “masks work” label over a screenshot of the original article.

The “fact-check” even cited data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the effectiveness of masks against COVID-19, where the CDC insisted, “Cloth masks not only effectively block most large droplets (i.e., 20-30 microns and larger), but they can also block the exhalation of fine droplets and particles,” and “cloth mask materials can also reduce wearers’ exposure to infectious droplets through filtration.”

Yet the same CDC quietly admitted on Friday that the thin cloth masks the agency and its corporate media allies spent the last two years cheering actually “provide the least protection” against COVID-19. It was “the first time the C.D.C. has explicitly addressed” the relative ineffectiveness of cloth masks, according to The New York Times.

The agency’s concession comes on the heels of admissions from people like CNN’s Leana Wen that “cloth masks are not appropriate for this pandemic.”

This latest reversal in a long line of trust-eroding flip-flops means a victory lap is well deserved by people like Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul, who was censored by Google-owned YouTube for suggesting that cloth masks don’t work and N95s do. It’s also deserved by everyone who refused to hang a piece of useless fabric from their ears at every restaurant, store, and airport for the sole purpose of fitting into the popular political narrative.

I'm sorry, but does "not as effective" mean "completely useless"? It seems to me that those statements are not the same, but a lot of folks are conflating the two.
                            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03535-x

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post

I'm sorry, but does "not as effective" mean "completely useless"? It seems to me that those statements are not the same, but a lot of folks are conflating the two.
                                Yeah, this is a discussion out of which I shall drop -- there's just too much rancor over the mask thing.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment