Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CDC Finally Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

what is displayed here towards Fauci is hate -
    You are confusing hate for people not wanting to listen to or follow a political 'doctor' who hasn't seen a patient in decades, and who has caused untold harm to people since the very beginning of his career during the AIDS epidemic, all the way through his actions during this one (and causing this one). And who is so drunk on his own power that he believes he, himself, is Science.
    Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-23-2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You may perceive it as hate, Jim, because of your incredible anger issues, but I see Fauci as a political hack gaming the system. I don't hate him at all.

Yes, you have, because you're going by your own incredibly biased perceptions.

If I turned every thread into a "hate Fauci" thread like you do Trump, and if I allowed my "blood to boil" over these things like you do, then MAYBE, but, no.

Yup -- it's all them OTHER people who hate, and you're a calm and reasoned fellow.

Not buying it, Jim. I think Fauci is a stooge and a political hack. I don't hate him. I sure don't like him, but he'd have to do a whole lot more to "get my blood boiling".

You're wrong, Jim.

To avoid being part of the hatred that is so often a part of the debate that happens here, a person must pull back from the temptation to try to put the other fellow in their place, to try to show others how awful that person is, or to create long lists of reasons why they dislike, loathe, or otherwise despise the person they are disagreeing with.

That is not a trivial task, and I wish you only the best in accomplishing the goal of debating ideas you disagree with here without stumbling into hate.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

(1) I have given a definition of hate. The definition is met.
        Met wrt your posts and obsession with Trump, sure. Otherwise, no.

Comment

To avoid being part of the hatred that is so often a part of the debate that happens here, a person must pull back from the temptation to try to put the other fellow in their place, to try to show others how awful that person is, or to create long lists of reasons why they dislike, loathe, or otherwise despise the person they are disagreeing with.

That is not a trivial task, and I wish you only the best in accomplishing the goal of debating ideas you disagree with here without stumbling into hate.
          Wow. I have never seen such hubris coming from one person. Not to mention hypocrisy.

Except HA. The two of you should start a debate thread. It would be quite entertaining.

You can never see yourself in the mirror you hold up, can you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

A temptation you readily succumb to time and time and time again, all while giving airs that you're above that sort of behavior.

(Your latest screed in this thread accusing others of hate is just the most recent example.)
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-23-2022, 10:09 AM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              We'll skip over your own history of smears and insults when people question your pet positions

Two big assumptions there:
              (1) that anyone you're addressing actually hates Fauci, as opposed to thinking he's wrong, dangerous or incompetent

(2) that any supposed hatred of Fauci is unjustified. If what some here believe is true, then hatred is a pretty mild response, frankly.
              So it seems like the takeaway here is that if what some here believe is true, they would be fully justified in hating Fauci. But it would still be wrong to assume that they hate Fauci.

But what about if they say things like, "He's a narcissistic, egomaniacal, demonic little sociopath." In that case, would it be fair to assume that they hate Fauci?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

So it seems like the takeaway here is that if what some here believe is true, they would be fully justified in hating Fauci. But it would still be wrong to assume that they hate Fauci.

But what about if they say things like, "He's a narcissistic, egomaniacal, demonic little sociopath." In that case, would it be fair to assume that they hate Fauci?
                You don't have to hate something to make an observation of their character.

I don't hate Trump but I'll readily say he is an egotistical nepotistic narcissistic twit. Don't have to hate fauci to call out what he is and how he behaves.....

Comment

You can speak the truth about someone without hating them.

Comment

To avoid being part of the hatred....
                    I don't need any advice from you on hatred, Jim, and all you're doing is projecting your own hatred on others.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

(1) I have given a definition of hate. The definition is met. We have loathing, extreme dislike, and a huge amount of ill will expressed directly AT THE MAN.
                      Trump? Yes, you have proven it over and over and over and over.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So it seems like the takeaway here is that if what some here believe is true, they would be fully justified in hating Fauci....
                        I don't know why it's so hard to comprehend that you can think somebody is a political hack out for his own advancement without that turning into hate.
                        He's not that much different than a lot of other political hacks - on BOTH sides of the aisle.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                          Met wrt your posts and obsession with Trump, sure. Otherwise, no.
                          I think that's exactly what happens -- somebody is absolutely consumed with hatred toward Trump, so they have to assume that's normal, and others are just as absolutely obsessed with hatred toward Fauchi, or anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A temptation you readily succumb to time and time and time again, all while giving airs that you're above that sort of behavior.

(Your latest screed in this thread accusing others of hate is just the most recent example.)
                            The interesting thing here is that any admission of the universal human struggle with sin on my part is immediately pounced upon is proof I am evil, as if those making the assessment do not likewise struggle.

The issue here is that hate, by its definition and as evidenced by action and word, is a major part of the discussion of Fauci here and in conservative media in general. The second issue is that the haters think that just because they are Christians they can't possibly be hating, despite the clear evidence found in their posts.

We often say love is not defined by how you feel, but by what you do. I am saying hatred is defined the same way. And the character and words in the posts that meet that definition od hatred speak far louder than any claims after the fact to the contrary.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The interesting thing here is that any admission of the universal human struggle with sin on my part is immediately pounced upon is proof I am evil, as if those making the assessment do not likewise struggle.

The issue here is that hate, by its definition and as evidenced by action and word, is a major part of the discussion of Fauci here and in conservative media in general. The second issue is that the haters think that just because they are Christians they can't possibly be hating, despite the clear evidence found in their posts.

We often say love is not defined by how you feel, but by what you do. I am saying hatred is defined the same way. And the character and words in the posts that meet that definition od hatred speak far louder than any claims after the fact to the contrary.
                              Nobody said you're evil, ox. You are hypocritical to a stunning degree, but that doesn't make you evil. Another problem is that your "self-confessions" almost invariably end up pointing the finger at everybody else. You can't just admit your shortcomings and leave it at that. No, in your latest screed, you "admit" that your faults are irresistibly pulled to the surface by "the hatred that is so often a part of the debate that happens here", so it's really not your fault, right? You would be perfect if only everybody else behaved.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I don't know why it's so hard to comprehend that you can think somebody is a political hack out for his own advancement without that turning into hate.
                                He's not that much different than a lot of other political hacks - on BOTH sides of the aisle.
                                If I were to start hating people because of their sin, then I would have to hate literally every single person on the planet, including myself.

Comment