Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CDC Finally Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

As I see it CD, I am mostly tame until I am relentlessly brow beat by a whole crowd of people. I appreciate what you are saying here, but I don't know if you have actually gone back and done an accounting of the content of my actual posts in this thread and compared that content to the personal nature and hostility of the responses given, the number of then that attack me directly on more than just the issue at hand. There are 15 people here that are just looking opportunities to do what you did right here - tell me how angry they are at me, or how they would fix me. Now I recognize that along the way I've done some things that may have at that time deserved that - but most of what is here in THIS thread is leftover and perpetual anger at what I may have said sometime in the past. Each person tells me what they want me to change about me, they don't even ask of they have done anything to provoke me, or what they themselves could do to contribute to a solution. When that many people want to tell you how horrible you are, it not only gets old, but it also eventually becomes a theatre of the absurd. I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that not one of the people lining up to give me a piece of their mind could stand where I am and take it as calmly as I'm giving you right now. I know it because I have returned like for like on occasion.

Perhaps you could take a step back and look at what I'm dealing with in this thread just trying to bring recognition to the fact that Dr. Fauci has been made an object of an absurd amount of hate, to the point he and his family are threatened endlessly for it. Could you take this level of continuous personal attack and remain calm, remain focused on what the point was you were trying to make and not lash out at the people droning on and on about why you are really a very bad person and how they would change you?

I explained the pattern that I see. I've explained my frustration. What you ultimately decide to do with that information is up to you.

You cannot control the actions of others, only your own. If I know that your actions will cause frustration in me, I can't stop you, I can only choose whether to interact with those actions. That is why the boundary was set in the other thread. There was no point retreading that same road and getting frustrated.

You chalked it up to animus. There is none. As I said, I welcome you back and hope for the pattern to change. I do not think this cycle will be the one. As such, I will still interact with you, but will not continue rehashing your opinions on Trump, nor entertaining your persecution perception. As such, this is my last post to you on this topic.

Comment

Not at all. What I'm saying first is that Jesus is God in the Flesh. His Judgements are correct and True. But Jesus tells US (Humanity) "Judge not lest you be judged". So first and foremost, in the arena of judgement, we can't operate as Jesus did. He was God, we are not.

Second I'm saying that Christs motives for whatever pronouncements He made were always ALSO God's motives. There was never anything like human dislike or hatred that could have been part of what He was doing, or he would not be without sin. If Christ hated, it was because God hated. If Christ was harsh, it was because God knew that is what was the best response to that situation. Again, we can't actually operate that way - our sin and our pride would almost instantly push is into false judgement or motives.

So what I'm saying is that Christ can't be used as an example of what we can necessarily do wrt the judgement of the motives and hearts of others.

Secondarily, the sentence I labeled hate did represent a judgement of Fauci's deeds. It was just a derogatory allusion to a very derogatory and crude name. It was a manifestation of hate - by definition.

And why are we as Christians, emissaries of Christ's love and grace to a lost world, the salt of the Earth, seeking ways to justify hating and demeaning others in the first place?

Jim
      "Judge not lest you be judged" is about hypocrisy and is not saying we can never judge someone else's conduct. Pay attention to the context next time.

Secondly, we absolutely can use Jesus as an example of how to call out other people's behaviour. Again, you try to paint Jesus as a hypocrite who tells us to follow his words but not his deeds.

Finally, you paint yourself as a hypocrite -- again -- by piously telling us that we shouldn't judge the hearts and minds of others, and then spend the last two paragraphs judging the hearts and minds of others.
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-25-2022, 04:58 PM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

As I see it CD, I am mostly tame until I am relentlessly brow beat by a whole crowd of people. I appreciate what you are saying here, but I don't know if you have actually gone back and done an accounting of the content of my actual posts in this thread and compared that content to the personal nature and hostility of the responses given, the number of then that attack me directly on more than just the issue at hand. There are 15 people here that are just looking opportunities to do what you did right here - tell me how angry they are at me, or how they would fix me. Now I recognize that along the way I've done some things that may have at that time deserved that - but most of what is here in THIS thread is leftover and perpetual anger at what I may have said sometime in the past. Each person tells me what they want me to change about me, they don't even ask of they have done anything to provoke me, or what they themselves could do to contribute to a solution. When that many people want to tell you how horrible you are, it not only gets old, but it also eventually becomes a theatre of the absurd. I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that not one of the people lining up to give me a piece of their mind could stand where I am and take it as calmly as I'm giving you right now. I know it because I have returned like for like on occasion.

Perhaps you could take a step back and look at what I'm dealing with in this thread just trying to bring recognition to the fact that Dr. Fauci has been made an object of an absurd amount of hate, to the point he and his family are threatened endlessly for it. Could you take this level of continuous personal attack and remain calm, remain focused on what the point was you were trying to make and not lash out at the people droning on and on about why you are really a very bad person and how they would change you?

The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’

(Luke 18)

Comment

• So about those masks:

Two white liberal women with masks assault a black man for not wearing a mask in an elevator.

"Did you just hit me?" says the shocked man after one of the women struck him in the face with her phone.

"Black lives matter! Black lives matter!" chants her equally unhinged companion.

https://mobile.twitter.com/libsoftik...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            So about those masks:

Two white liberal women with masks assault a black man for not wearing a mask in an elevator.

"Did you just hit me?" says the shocked man after one of the women struck him in the face with her phone.

"Black lives matter! Black lives matter!" chants her equally unhinged companion.

The covid CULT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              So about those masks:

That was like a really bad Saturday Night Live skit where .... um.... absolutely nutty.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment