Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Evidence that Democrats Are Totalitarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Even if that is true (which i don't believe it is ) it would not change the fact jan 6 was an insurrection.
    This thread has nothing to do with January 6.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

This thread has nothing to do with January 6.
      You are right! Sorry about that. It appears I have too many tabs open in my browser.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-18-2022, 03:20 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Yeah, it has been among the left -- including elected officials -- where things like enemies' lists, reeducation camps, and even gulags have been proposed for handling political opponents.
        Just to support this statement from something posted not long after the election

Let's start with the malevolent dwarf Robert Reich[1], who was Clinton's Secretary of Labor and served on Obama's economic transition advisory board, who along with MSNBC host Chris Hayes has called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission." It's unclear if those after the public show trials will be offered a blindfold as they are led away to the guillotine

There were also the Bernie bros inside Sander's campaign waxing poetic over the beauty of gulags and the need for reeducating the people if the left were able to take control.

While literally talking about the need to reeducate conservatives in the same way Germany had to do with former Nazis after WWII, a Field Organizer for the Sanders Campaign, Kyle Jurek, made the following statements:

"Like we're probably going to have to do the same [f-bomb] thing here. That's kind of what all Bernie's whole [f-bomb] like "hey, free education!" for everybody, because we're going to have to teach you to not be a [f-bomb] Nazi."

"There's a reason Joseph Stalin had gulags, right? And actually, gulags were a lot better than what the CIA has told us that they were. Like, people were actually paid a living wage in gulags, they had conjugal visits in gulags. Gulags were actually meant for like re-education."

"Greatest way to break a [f-bomb] billionaire of their like, privilege and their idea that they're superior, go out and break rocks for 12 hours a day."

There are videos available of him making these statements and nobody would ever take his tone and expression as being anything less than deathly serious and certainly not joking. I'd link to them but as you can see from the excerpts that, like so many other self-proclaimed anarcho-communists, he can barely manage a single sentence without lacing it with f-bombs and other vulgarities.

And he wasn't the only paid staffer on the Sanders campaign staff who talked about "send[ing] all the Republicans to the reeducation camps" and gulags.

As for Jurek et al and their love for gulags, perhaps the idiots should read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's The Gulag Archipelago concerning the Nobel Prize winning author's own experiences being locked up in the forced work camps. A book that made it impossible for Marxists in the West, along with their sympathizers, to dismiss the Soviet concentration camp system as nothing more than a "Stalinist aberration"

See also Sanders camp mum on pro-gulag staffer, says Iowans 'don't care about political gossip'.

And shortly after the election David Atkins, a newly elected California member of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), declared recently that Democrats and liberals should "start thinking in terms of post-WWII Germany or Japan" in order to "deprogram 75 million people."

Over 54,000 "likes" in just the first day.

The ditzy darling of the left, AOC dreams of creating an "archive" of all the names of Trump supporters so they could be held accountable "for their behavior."

And Sunny Hostin, Senior Legal Correspondent and Analyst for ABC News and co-host of the View, which the New York Times called the "most important political talk show in America," supported AOC's idea of making an enemies list of "Trump sycophants" to be punished in their future endeavors. Hostin declared on the View that

People like Kirstjen Nielsen, people like Stephen Miller, people like Kellyanne Conway, people like Vice president Mike Pence who was woefully inadequate of his role as the head of the coronavirus task force and people like Ben Carson and Betsy Devos, I don't think those people should be able to profit from their experience within the Trump administration. I don't think they should be forgotten. I don’t think we should look the other way. I think we need to remember because if you don't remember things then past becomes prologue. I do think people need to be held accountable for their actions and I don't think it's reminiscent of McCarthyism at all.

Are you or have you ever been a Trump supporter?

I should add that Democrats are already taking up AOC’s recommendation and the list that a group run by former staffers for Obama (one of whom is apparently on Biden's transition team) and presidential candidate "Mayor Pete" Buttigieg aren't just targeting upper officials in the Administration but all staffers, appointees and even supporters and donors as well.

As an article in the Federalist noted

Tacked onto AOC’s inflammatory tweet was a now-deleted reply from a former Obama campaign staffer dealing in analytics, Michael Simon, advertising the "Trump Accountability Project."

"Yes we are," he wrote, replying to AOC’s request for a roundup of Trump "sycophants" and linking to the project’s website. "Every Administration staffer, campaign staffer, bundler, lawyer who represented them- everyone."

screencapture 2.jpg

This self-declared "Trump Accountability Project's" extensive enemies list of people they compiled and were already tracking was publicly available until they made it private (probably due in part to complaints about having something like 57 judges on the list).

Again from the Federalist article:

The list of names was initially published on the project’s website asking people to “remember what they did,” and is now privatized, but captured by internet archives. It shows an extensive Google Sheets document listing off people who the project deems necessary to curb from “profiting from their experience” working with the Trump Administration.

Tabs on the document separate those listed into categories such as "Campaign Staff," "Administration," "Appointees," "Donors," "Law Firms," "Endorsers," and "Denouncers." The "Administration" tab contained names of senior advisors in the White House all the way down to the "Chief Calligrapher."

For those of us who have seen screen saves and the like it is loaded with threatening language about holding people who ever "took a paycheck" from Trump accountable for doing so.

Washington Post columnist, Jennifer Rubin, who also talks of lists, explains what is meant for those who don't grasp it. She's calling for making sure that Trump supporters not be allowed to work or be accepted into "polite society." That Trump supporters should never be allowed to have an important job, platform or position of power ever again.

screencapture.jpg

Similar sentiments have been expressed by folks like former ESPN and MSNBC host Keith Olbermann (fired for making numerous undisclosed political contributions), who ranted on about how

We want the prisons so filled with Trumps, and Trump flunkies, and Trump apologists, and Trump enablers, that we have to convert Trump buildings into new [blasphemy] Trump prisons

Likewise CNN’s Chris "Fredo" Cuomo, who lied about quarantining himself after being diagnosed with the Chicom coronavirus and instead was seen wandering around without a mask) also issued threats against Trump "enablers" on his show. And when accused of targeting political opponents including those who voted for them he shot back "Yeah. You are being targeted."

For those of you on the far left who still don't understand, feminist author and columnist for Medium, Jessica Valenti explains what it in terms you'll likely understand:

If you give anyone in this administration a job, f-bomb you. If you put them on a panel, f-bomb you. If you in any way give them the benefit of the doubt or a platform to power, f-bomb you.

As for AOC herself, she's doubled down, scoffing at the concerns she has raised, sneering in response, "Lol at the 'party of personal responsibility' being upset at the idea of being responsible for their behavior over [the] last four years."

And she and her ilk are making sure they pay for what they've done whether it was being nominated to a federal court or merely being the calligrapher at the White House.

1. who claims to be one of the nation's leading economists despite not being one (he's a lawyer) and grouses about the disparity of pay between entry level workers and CEO's conveniently leaving out how when he taught one class for two hours per week a few years ago at the University of California at Berkeley he was being paid $242,613 which breaks down to an hourly wage of $2,500 and was 36% higher than the average pay of an American CEO at the time. A world class hypocrite.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Democrats spent four years claiming that Trump didn't really beat Hillary and worked tirelessly to overturn the election and remove him from office ...
          That simply isn't true, or is true only in a very, very limited sense.

Trump lost the popular vote straight up, but managed to take the electoral college. And there was ample evidence the Russians and other actors had worked in his favor. He even publicly asked for their help. So whatever concerns were voiced after the election, there was real evidence to justify those concerns.

However, even with that strong, evidence based air of doubt, Clinton conceded. And trump's certification of the electoral votes went off as peacefully as they had for over a century. Whatever doubts Clinton or other democrats expressed about the potential Russian involvement swaying voters, the election counts were simply never in any real dispute. The election process was not undermined.

The impeachments were based on real covert and illegal actions he took. And he was only saved from conviction because his republican minions simply refused to convict

The election of Biden took the popular vote by some 7 million votes, and the electoral vote,, and despite all the legal and illegal shenanigans that played out before and after jan 6, not one claim showed any possibility Trump could have won,, and most of them never made it past the courtroom door.

All audits, even by massively partisan committees and organizations,, have shown Biden won.

In spite of all that, Trump has never conceded, and to this day works with his republican allies to make it possible for him to illegally steal the next elections. He has done this by (1) continuing to stoke rabid unrest over 2020 through rallies, continued declarations the election was stolen and he really won, and ancillary claims by othe loyal allies to their constituents despite the failures of the above mentioned court cases and audits and by (2) making sure any honest republican that had some part in thwarting his plans has been replaced by someone that has pledged allegiance to Trump and before the constitution.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-19-2022, 10:30 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Trump lost the popular vote straight up.
            Which is irrelevant because the popular vote is not what decides the presidency. This is like saying "well, fine, the Superbowl Winners got the most touchdowns, but they lost the passing yards count straight up!"
            And there was ample evidence the Russians and other actors had worked in his favor. He even publicly asked for their help. So whatever concerns were voiced after the election, there was real evidence to justify those concerns.

However, even with that strong, evidence based air of doubt, Clinton conceded. And trump's certification of the electoral votes went off as peacefully as they had for over a century. Whatever doubts Clinton or other democrats expressed about the potential Russian involvement swaying voters, the election counts were simply never in any real dispute. The election process was not undermined.

The impeachments were based on real covert and illegal actions he took. And he was only saved from conviction because his republican minions simply refused to convict

The election of Biden took the popular vote by some 7 million votes, and the electoral vote,, and despite all the legal and illegal shenanigans that played out before and after jan 6, not one claim showed any possibility Trump could have won,, and most of them never made it past the courtroom door.

All audits, even by massively partisan committees and organizations,, have shown Biden won.

In spite of all that, Trump has never conceded, and to this day works with his republican allies to make it possible for him to illegally steel the next elections. He has done this by continuing to stoke rabid unrest over 2020, and by making sure any honest republican that had some part in thwarting his plans has been replaced by someone that has pledged allegiance to Trump and not the constitution.

Actually there was only evidence that Russians influenced people - the reality is they were targeting both sides. Not 'working in Trump's favor'.

Same happened this last election, with troll farms targeting both sides: https://www.technologyreview.com/202...2020-election/

Hillary conceded, yes, but then has multiple times claimed she won. And before Trump was even inaugurated, Dems were declaring the election was not legitimate and would not attend. Then there was the whole "Resist" movement within the government by democrat employees (to the point that some created 'alt' government department twitter accounts).

Comment

Trump lost the popular vote straight up, but managed to take the electoral college. And there was ample evidence the Russians and other actors had worked in his favor. He even publicly asked for their help. So whatever concerns were voiced after the election, there was real evidence to justify those concerns.

In spite of all that, Trump has never conceded, and to this day works with his republican allies to make it possible for him to illegally steal the next elections. He has done this by (1) continuing to stoke rabid unrest over 2020 through rallies, continued declarations the election was stolen and he really won, and ancillary claims by othe loyal allies to their constituents despite the failures of the above mentioned court cases and audits and by (2) making sure any honest republican that had some part in thwarting his plans has been replaced by someone that has pledged allegiance to Trump and before the constitution.
              This is some epic spin, my friend. I literally laughed out loud as I read it. This kind of lunacy would be at home on a blog with entries titled "The Moon landing was faked!" and "Martians Impregnated My Girlfriend!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Hillary conceded, yes, but then has multiple times claimed she won. And before Trump was even inaugurated, Dems were declaring the election was not legitimate and would not attend. Then there was the whole "Resist" movement within the government by democrat employees (to the point that some created 'alt' government department twitter accounts).
                there can be no comparison between Clinton's continued concerns outside influences may have swayed voters and the full on frontal assault on the election process,, election results,, and future elections that is the last year of the GOP and their personality cult.

It's like trying to say that a typical wwII bombing ordinance is the same as the us atomic bomb used over Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

Such claims are full on rubbish.

Comment

This is some epic spin, my friend. I literally laughed out loud as I read it. This kind of lunacy would be at home on a blog with entries titled "The Moon landing was faked!" and "Martians Impregnated My Girlfriend!"
                  I could respond in kind, but I won't. I will simply note that you clearly have not presented an intelligent, fact based response that counters my post.

Should you engage with facts, with history, I'm right here.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-19-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...nTabReport.pdf

Comment

there can be no comparison between Clinton's continued concerns outside influences may have swayed voters and the full on frontal assault on the election process,, election results,, and future elections that is the last year of the GOP and their personality cult.

It's like trying to say that a typical wwII bombing ordinance is the same as the us atomic bomb used over Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

Such claims are full on rubbish.
                      Sorry bud, but there is not only comparison, it is literally the next step to the election integrity game that democrats have been building up to since Bush v. Gore.

They started it in Bush/Gore, continued it in Bush/Kerry, have routinely brought up electronic voting problems and hacking issues, and then in 2016 continued to build with attempts to delegitimize Trump's presidency. Trump simply took it the next logical step, and Democrats are pissed off that he leapt onto their hard work and wasted it. Because now they can't take that next step anytime soon, what with their reaction.

Now isn't it interesting that Elizabeth Warren and all the other Dems who were bleating about electronic voting safety and hacking concerns all the way up until 2018, have suddenly been dead silent since then? The issues they raised haven't magically been fixed by a law, nor by a potion. So why the sudden silence, and now any questioning is a 'conspiracy theory'?

You need to use that noggin.

Comment

And trump's certification of the electoral votes went off as peacefully as they had for over a century.
                        Just spotted this, I'd missed it earlier.

It was not for lack of trying by the Dems to stop his certification:
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/06/u...t-session.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Just spotted this, I'd missed it earlier.

It was not for lack of trying by the Dems to stop his certification:
                          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/06/u...t-session.html
                          It's over Biden declared.

Gore challenged Bush. When the challenges failed, he conceded, and the peaceful transfer of power continued as it always has.

Likewise Clinton. When the legal challenges were exhausted, it was over. They conceded. The peaceful transfer of power took place as it always has.

Not so Trump. Trump lost not on the subjective judgment of a hanging Chad, not with the sour taste of knowing external influences tried to manipulate the outcome and with a clear popular majority countered by the electoral college, but with a resounding and overwhelming 7 million votes: 53% to 46% AND the electoral college.. TRUMP LOST BIG. Yet he did NOT concede. Rather he spread a lie that resulted in thousands storming the Capitol while it was in session, threatening the lives of the VP and speaker and others,, and attempting to stop the lawful certification of that election.

There is no comparison. Gore, Clinton, they did what the country needed them to do when the legal means for challenge were exhausted and the country needed them to accept their own defeat

Trump did not, and has not yet, setting the stage for even more violence,, even more unrest.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-19-2022, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I could respond in kind, but I won't. I will simply note that you clearly have not presented an intelligent, fact based response that counters my post.

Should you engage with facts, with history, I'm right here.
                            I will simply note that your post was neither intelligent nor fact based and was just the usual "Orange man bad! " conspiracy theory nuttery we've been getting from you liberal lunatics for years, and so I gave it exactly the response it deserved, no more, and no less.
                            Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-19-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Jim, this is just sad.

You cannot even bring yourself to say that Trump won. No, it has to begin with that he "lost the popular vote straight up" and finish with "but managed to take the electoral college."

Trump won the same way that every president before him has since the founding of the country. You make it sound like he someone "managed" to find this obscure technicality which allowed him to be declared the winner in spite of the rules.

As for the Russians, the were working to stir up dissent and trouble, which was more beneficial to Trump since he was widely considered another Goldwater. Moreover, the majority of this activity (which IIRC had a budget about the same as what a local restaurant chain might spend on advertising), was actually done after the election.

We've had this talk before.

The same with his "publicly asking the Russians for help." Funny how everyone there understood that was meant as a direct jab at the MSM's eye for showing absolutely no interest in Hillary's missing emails. Only after the same ridiculed MSM "explained" it was nothing of the sort but an actual request for Russian interference did anyone realize they didn't actually hear what they heard . You know, it was really the sort of thing that if someone truly wanted, they would be extremely careful to conceal that fact and not, you know, announce their request into a live microphone with cameras rolling and a large crowd watching.

So if these were the "concerns" -- Trump won, darn it; the Russians tried to interfere in another election like they've done for decades; and an obvious joke at the expense of a biased press -- no wonder they had to cobble together the phony Steele dossier and then lie through their teeth about it to the FISA court.
                              Last edited by rogue06; 01-19-2022, 07:24 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Jim, this is just sad.

You cannot even bring yourself to say that Trump won. No, it has to begin with that he "lost the popular vote straight up" and finish with "but managed to take the electoral college."

Trump won the same way that every president before him has since the founding of the country. You make it sound like he someone "managed" to find this obscure technicality which allowed him to be declared the winner in spite of the rules.

As for the Russians, the were working to stir up dissent and trouble, which was more beneficial to Trump since he was widely considered another Goldwater. Moreover, the majority of this activity (which IIRC had a budget about the same as what a local restaurant chain might spend on advertising), was actually done after the election.

We've had this talk before.

The same with his "publicly asking the Russians for help." Funny how everyone there understood that was meant as a direct jab at the MSM's eye for showing absolutely no interest in Hillary's missing emails. Only after the same ridiculed MSM "explained" it was nothing of the sort but an actual request for Russian interference. You know, the sort of thing that if someone really wanted it, they would be extremely careful to conceal that fact and not, you know, announce your request into a live microphone with cameras rolling and a large crowd watching.

So if these were the "concerns" -- Trump won, darn it; the Russians tried to interfere in another election like they've done for decades; and an obvious joke at the expense of a biased press -- no wonder they had to cobble together the phony Steele dossier and then lie through their teeth about it to the FISA court.
                                Every time somebody jumps on that "popular vote" thing, it's like "well, The Dallas Cowboys threw more passes than the other guys", or "The Braves got more hits"....

Everybody knew very well how the "game" was won, and everybody played to the Electoral College - both sides.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment