Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Evidence that Democrats Are Totalitarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Your fear of GOP is paranoia and delusion, as others have redundantly pointed out to you. Your interpenetration of what it is exactly is also skewed by your delusion. The political populist right doesn't have the backing of the state (they don't even really have the backing of the establishment right -- i.e the Cheneys, neocons, etc). In fact, they never had it even when Trump was elected, much less now. The political party with full backing of the state, both government and corporate, is the most dangerous party. Furthermore, this is the same party advocating rounding up their political opposition as undesirables.
    My concern about a group that actually fostered an insurrection and continues to foster the lie that the 2020 election was massively fraudulent is not paranoia. It is a simple reality that each and every one of us should be concerned about. I am right now watching rallies where the political leaders at the podium are declaring Trump won, calling for the 2020 election to be desertified, and calling for the prosecution of election workers.

This is not paranoia. This is reality. The GOP is a personality cult doing the bidding of the personality. Actively, purposefully undermining trust in the election and cultivating hatred and unrest.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

My concern about a group that actually fostered an insurrection and continues to foster the lie that the 2020 election was massively fraudulent is not paranoia. It is a simple reality that each and every one of us should be concerned about. I am right now watching rallies where the political leaders at the podium are declaring Trump won, calling for the 2020 election to be desertified, and calling for the prosecution of election workers.

This is not paranoia. This is reality. The GOP is a personality cult doing the bidding of the personality. Actively, purposefully undermining trust in the election and cultivating hatred and unrest.
      Putting aside your "insurrection" nonsense that you repeat ad nauseam (it wasn't an insurrection; it was a riot), let's assume it was an insurrection attempt. It accomplished absolutely nothing other than the state powers coming down on those that engaged in it. So your fear is based on paranoia and delusion. Like I said, the populist right has NO backing of the state whatsoever. They have little to no power. Every major corporate and government institution that supports the Dems is against it. Furthermore, the populist right is not calling for the rounding up of their political enemies even if they did have that power, which they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I notice you have not had one word to say about the opening post and the authoritarianism supported by a significant number of Democrat voters, such as putting the unvaccinated in concentration camps, or placing their children in the custody of the state. One could get the impression that you actually support that kind of insanity. Do you?

Look, Trump is yesterday's news. It's time to open your eyes and see the danger that is facing us here and now.
        Yes, I did. Check again

and Trump is not old news. He is still claiming the election was won by him. And he and his minions have been working tirelessly to remove those with integrity that stood between him and the overt election fraud he actively sought and replacing them with people loyal to him. People that are being elected on the premise they will only certify an election where Trump or those Trump endorses win.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I agree that is not good. But there are also those on the right asking when they get to take up arms against those they disagree with.

The greater danger, by far, is the current GOP and the culture of personality it has become. The world is not black and white, only good and only evil. But when a force as destructive as what the current GOP is appears, it is time for those who disagree on lesser things to put down the lesser grievances and join together to make things right, to stop that which is a threat to everyone.
          That is nonsense Jim, if my side was going to pick up arms I suspect it would have been done by now. Though if the leftists keep on this path of totalitarianism it may still happen.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

In fact, the idea of exterminating the "undesirables" from society in Germany came from the scientific Darwinists of the 19th-20th century that propagated eugenics ideology across the western hemisphere. So it's only fitting that the leftists would use science to justify such actions against the "undesirables" of today.
            Point of fact, eugenics arose during a period known as the Eclipse of Darwin, when his ideas had fallen out of favor. The scientific backing for eugenics was actually Mendel's genetics not biological evolution[1]. In fact, it was biological evolutionists like Reginald Punnett and Thomas Hunt Morgan, who led the scientific opposition to eugenics and who conclusively demonstrating that the eugenic program of "purification" wasn't even scientifically feasible[2].

1. And later in Germany, it was Pasteur and Koch who were cited as the justification for the Nazi's programs. Darwin and evolution, what with the idea that all of humanity are a single species, was not very popular then.

2. Back in 1917, Punnett, who created the "Punnett square" (a tool still used by biologists to predict the probability of the genotypes of a particular cross or breeding experiment), calculated how many generations it would take to reduce what was termed “feeblemindedness” if everyone so diagnosed were sterilized in each generation. He concluded that to reduce the frequency from 1/100 to 1/1000 would require 22 generations, and to 1/10,000 would require 90 generations. To put this into perspective, 22 generations takes us back to before the Black Death reached Europe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I imagine this was addressed to oxmixmudd?
              Yeah.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

That is nonsense Jim, if my side was going to pick up arms I suspect it would have been done by now. Though if the leftists keep on this path of totalitarianism it may still happen.
                I don't know anyone asking when we "get to" take up arms. I'm sure they exist, but not in my circle. I know many, including myself, who wonder how soon we will "need to" take up arms, or else try to flee and hide.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Putting aside your "insurrection" nonsense that you repeat ad nauseam (it wasn't an insurrection; it was a riot), let's assume it was an insurrection attempt. It accomplished absolutely nothing other than the state powers coming down on those that engaged in it. So your fear is based on paranoia and delusion. Like I said, the populist right has NO backing of the state whatsoever. They have little to no power. Every major corporate and government institution that supports the Dems is against it. Furthermore, the populist right is not calling for the rounding up of their political enemies even if they did have that power, which they don't.
                  Yeah, it has been among the left -- including elected officials -- where things like enemies' lists, reeducation camps, and even gulags have been proposed for handling political opponents.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, I did. Check again

and Trump is not old news. He is still claiming the election was won by him. And he and his minions have been working tirelessly to remove those with integrity that stood between him and the overt election fraud he actively sought and replacing them with people loyal to him. People that are being elected on the premise they will only certify an election where Trump or those Trump endorses win.
                    Democrats spent four years claiming that Trump didn't really beat Hillary and worked tirelessly to overturn the election and remove him from office, and yet not a single word of condemnation from you. On the contrary, you cheered them on. Seems like in your world, it's right if it's done to Trump, but wrong if it's done by him. If it wasn't for double standards, then you wouldn't have any standards at all.

But, again, Trump is yesterday's news. Now what about Democrats today who want to imprison the unvaccinated? Don't you have anything to say about them? Or do you agree and think that someone like me should be separated from my children and be put in a concentration camp?
                    Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-18-2022, 05:55 AM.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Democrats spent four years claiming that Trump didn't really beat Hillary and worked tirelessly to overturn the election and remove him from office, and yet not a single word of condemnation from you. On the contrary, you cheered them on. Seems like in your world, it's right if it's done to Trump, but wrong if it's done by him. If it wasn't for double standards, then you wouldn't have any standards at all.

But again, Trump is yesterday's news. Now what about Democrats today who want to imprison the unvaccinated? Don't you have anything to say about them? Or do you agree and think that someone like me should be separated from my children and be put in a concentration camp?
                      Thoroughly corrupt groups are declared hallmarks of integrity simply by opposing OMB.

Gotta wonder how much praise a group like the KKK would suddenly get if they announced that they think Trump is a poopiehead.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Point of fact, eugenics arose during a period known as the Eclipse of Darwin, when his ideas had fallen out of favor. The scientific backing for eugenics was actually Mendel's genetics not biological evolution[1]. In fact, it was biological evolutionists like Reginald Punnett and Thomas Hunt Morgan, who led the scientific opposition to eugenics and who conclusively demonstrating that the eugenic program of "purification" wasn't even scientifically feasible[2].

1. And later in Germany, it was Pasteur and Koch who were cited as the justification for the Nazi's programs. Darwin and evolution, what with the idea that all of humanity are a single species, was not very popular then.

2. Back in 1917, Punnett, who created the "Punnett square" (a tool still used by biologists to predict the probability of the genotypes of a particular cross or breeding experiment), calculated how many generations it would take to reduce what was termed “feeblemindedness” if everyone so diagnosed were sterilized in each generation. He concluded that to reduce the frequency from 1/100 to 1/1000 would require 22 generations, and to 1/10,000 would require 90 generations. To put this into perspective, 22 generations takes us back to before the Black Death reached Europe.
                        Eclipse of Darwin? Yeah okay. The very movement was started by Galton, a Darwinist.

That there were folks who opposed it is not surprising. It's not like contrarian viewpoints is something unusual within a movement, especially one as dehumanizing as that one. I would expect at least a few darwinist scientists to show a semblance of empathy.

Comment

I agree that is not good. But there are also those on the right asking when they get to take up arms against those they disagree with.

The greater danger, by far, is the current GOP and the culture of personality it has become. The world is not black and white, only good and only evil. But when a force as destructive as what the current GOP is appears, it is time for those who disagree on lesser things to put down the lesser grievances and join together to make things right, to stop that which is a threat to everyone.
                          So, how much authoritarian tactics are you willing to tolerate if it means getting rid of the troublesome GOP?

How many "not good" things will you accept, so long as it stops the "greater threat", and do you think that you can fix it after the fact?

Comment

Eclipse of Darwin? Yeah okay. The very movement was started by Galton, a Darwinist.
                            He was also a heliocentrist and accepted Germ Theory as well

It should be noted that Darwin and Galton's differing views regarding eugenics (Darwin explicitly listed himself an opponent of Galton’s ideas) was one of the things (as well as some differences regarding evolution) that caused them to drift apart. Darwin didn't want anything interfering with natural selection (he even opposed birth control for that reason, leading Margaret Sanger to oppose evolution), where Galton wrote in his autobiography "Memories of My Life" that eugenics would replace natural selection.

The fact is that eugenics was never widely embraced by biological evolutionists who instead tended to be in the forefront of scientific opposition. That's not because they were more humane or better people, but rather because they realized that eugenics isn't good science.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

So, how much authoritarian tactics are you willing to tolerate if it means getting rid of the troublesome GOP?

How many "not good" things will you accept, so long as it stops the "greater threat", and do you think that you can fix it after the fact?
                              All of them. As long as he can vilify Trump, he is blind to anything else.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                He was also a heliocentrist and accepted Germ Theory as well

It should be noted that Darwin and Galton's differing views regarding eugenics (Darwin explicitly listed himself an opponent of Galton’s ideas) was one of the things (as well as some differences regarding evolution) that caused them to drift apart. Darwin didn't want anything interfering with natural selection (he even opposed birth control for that reason, leading Margaret Sanger to oppose evolution), where Galton wrote in his autobiography "Memories of My Life" that eugenics would replace natural selection.

The fact is that eugenics was never widely embraced by biological evolutionists who instead tended to be in the forefront of scientific opposition. That's not because they were more humane or better people, but rather because they realized that eugenics isn't good science.
                                It doesn't matter that there were opposing viewpoints. The fact is that the eugenics movement stemmed from and was endorsed by the scientific community, Darwinists, which was the very foundation of the eugenics movement in Germany, thus making Ox's strained correlation of modern conservatism and 20th century nazism kind of laughable. And it misses the almost eerie correlation with the leftist scientific authoritarian ghouls with the same ambitions of today.

Comment