Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Who are the top INVESTIGATIVE Journalists in the MSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the top INVESTIGATIVE Journalists in the MSM

I mean, like "hard hitting news" -- just the facts regardless of where they lead.

Who, in the MSM particularly, does REAL "investigative reporting" where they drill down to the actual facts of the case, and leave out opinion, reporting the facts regardless of who or what it impacts?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

John Stossel has done some. Last I heard he works for Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I mean, like "hard hitting news" -- just the facts regardless of where they lead.

Who, in the MSM particularly, does REAL "investigative reporting" where they drill down to the actual facts of the case, and leave out opinion, reporting the facts regardless of who or what it impacts?
      You are asking for what never existed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        John Stossel has done some. Last I heard he works for Fox.
        Pretty much, yeah - he seemed to "let the chips fall where they may".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          You are asking for what never existed.
          Not 100%, but at least there used to be a PRETENSE of objectivity.

Comment

Not 100%, but at least there used to be a PRETENSE of objectivity.
            Even in the days of Huntley and Brinkley or Walter Conkite it was pretty bad. Just not in your face we don't care bad like it is now.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Even in the days of Huntley and Brinkley or Walter Conkite it was pretty bad. Just not in your face we don't care bad like it is now.
              OK, so let's go with that --- who, in the MSM, at least gives the APPEARANCE of honest journalism - with no apparent bias?

Comment

I'll go with my favorite - the local media. I've a couple investigative reporters that seem to drill down and aren't afraid to ask the pointed questions.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                  I'll go with my favorite - the local media. I've a couple investigative reporters that seem to drill down and aren't afraid to ask the pointed questions.
                  And Houston's KHOU had a guy that did actual investigative reporting (Olberg?) that seemed to be "I don't care who this affects, it's the truth".

Maybe you hit on something --- the more "national" the "news" gets, the more beholden it is to the sponsors of that network, or the opinions or biases of the networks themselves!

Comment

And Houston's KHOU had a guy that did actual investigative reporting (Olberg?) that seemed to be "I don't care who this affects, it's the truth".

Maybe you hit on something --- the more "national" the "news" gets, the more beholden it is to the sponsors of that network, or the opinions or biases of the networks themselves!
                    I think you're right. Also, they may be more beholden because they want access to the people in power. They may more be more differential to them so they can maintain that access.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I think you're right. Also, they may be more beholden because they want access to the people in power. They may more be more differential to them so they can maintain that access.
                      That explains why they're so differential towards the Republicans the times they are in control.

Comment

That explains why they're so differential towards the Republicans the times they are in control.
                        They ARE?

(oh, yeah)

Comment

Yep other than John Stossel (and maybe Glenn Greenwald though he's not really with any MSM anymore), I can only think of local reporters in my area.

Comment

Is there really such a thing anymore? I doubt it.

Comment