Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN sheds nearly 90% of 2021 audience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    ^^ from the guy who defends the Daily Mail.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I appreciate your input, Jesse. I posted the thread for comment, and yours is certainly welcome.
    Broadcast news was my bête noire before I watched it making its journey from the fax machines to the news trucks. I remember once asking a local station manager if he could do an investigative piece and was told they didn't have investigative reporters. True story.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

"newspapers" today merely report what other newspapers report that other newspapers report, that usually end up being something said by someone on TV, or social media. It's all a huge game of telephone and you have to be a freaking detective to dig down to the original story most of the time. Which is usually behind a paywall.
    Choose better newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

^^ from the guy who defends the Daily Mail.
      From the guy who uses the New York Times as a prayer rug.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We know that a very WIDE range of media will totally ignore issues that are not in line with the leftist narrative. Therefore, to get a better perspective, it makes sense to check sources that will report things that happened that expose the leftist narrative for what it is.

While people can get all alarmed that somebody gets a story from Fox News or wherever - it often can't be disputed that what they chose to cover (and the MSM totally ignored) actually DID happen.

Better, however, to howl "FOX NEWS!!!!!"
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"newspapers" today merely report what other newspapers report that other newspapers report, that usually end up being something said by someone on TV, or social media. It's all a huge game of telephone and you have to be a freaking detective to dig down to the original story most of the time. Which is usually behind a paywall.
          There are no more "investigative journalists" in the MSM who go after the FACTS regardless of the impact on one political party or another.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We know that a very WIDE range of media will totally ignore issues that are not in line with the leftist narrative. Therefore, to get a better perspective, it makes sense to check sources that will report things that happened that expose the leftist narrative for what it is.

While people can get all alarmed that somebody gets a story from Fox News or wherever - it often can't be disputed that what they chose to cover (and the MSM totally ignored) actually DID happen.

Better, however, to howl "FOX NEWS!!!!!"
            When Democrats are president is when the freaking National Inquirer breaks some of the biggest stories of the year.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Today what passes for investigative reporting is repeating what was published in another paper or trawling through twitter posts looking for something interesting.

Comment

We've been here before, you lying liar. I choose the best source available because I want to know the truth, whether it's comfortable to me or not. You choose crap, yeah, like the Daily Mail, because it supports your lies, and then attack the fact checkers for busting you on them.

Comment

There are no more "investigative journalists" in the MSM who go after the FACTS regardless of the impact on one political party or another.
                  That's what your propaganda outlets want you to think, because if you ever stop believing it, they'll go out of business.

Comment

That's what your propaganda outlets want you to think, because if you ever stop believing it, they'll go out of business.
                    Well, again, thanks for your very civil and respectful comments.

Can you please name your three top "investigative journalists" in the MSM, Jesse?
                    For sake of discussion, let's say that "investigative journalist" means, like I said, somebody who goes hard after the facts, regardless of who or what it impacts.
                    If you'd like to offer a different definition, please feel free to do so.

Thanks

Comment

We've been here before, you lying liar. I choose the best source available because I want to know the truth, whether it's comfortable to me or not. You choose crap, yeah, like the Daily Mail, because it supports your lies, and then attack the fact checkers for busting you on them.
                      sigh. can you stop accusing people of lying?

Comment

How do you know you're right and we're wrong, Jesse? How do you know that it's not YOU who's the baddie?

Comment