Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will Canuckistan invade the U.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Canuckistan invade the U.S.?

That was a question brought up on MSNBC the other day

Source: MSNBC Hypes Canada 'Intervening' With 'Autocratic' U.S.'s 2024 Election[/url

Will Justin Trudeau don his Indian garb as he bravely leads his troops south over the border to rescue America?

And will American liberals--who always promise to move to Canada if things don't go their way politically, but never actually vamoose--actually skedaddle this time?

Both questions arise in light of a segment on his MSNBC show Sunday morning that Jonathan Capehart devoted to panicky Canadians freaking out over Donald Trump. His guest was Fiona Hill, a former Trump foreign-policy adviser turned Trump foe, who testified at his first impeachment.

Capehart rolled images from the Canadian newspaper, the Globe and Mail, which included this insane op-ed headline:

I want to show some other headlines, because that's not the only thing that the Globe and Mail has published expressing alarm about what's happening in America. There's one headline that says "If the next presidential election reveals the U.S. hurdling toward possible violence and autocracy, should Canada try to intervene?"

Hill further testified to Canada's Trump-hating freak out over American politics. She claimed that "Canadians are actually worried about refugees. Political refugees going across the border," should Trumpism triumph in 2024.

So will 2024 be the year when America—finally—bids adios to celebrities like Barbra Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, Cher, Amy Schumer, and Lena Dunham, who all made noises about fleeing to the Great White North if Trump won in 2016? Don't forget your faux beaver fur hats!

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This would be laughable if it weren't for their possessing WMD -- namely The PIN™

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Apparently the Canuckistanis were planning an invasion earlier

On a historical note, the Canuckistanis didn't do crap during the War of 1812.
    They called their "big brother" England to do it all for them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Source: MSNBC Hypes Canada 'Intervening' With 'Autocratic' U.S.'s 2024 Election[/url

Will Justin Trudeau don his Indian garb as he bravely leads his troops south over the border to rescue America?

And will American liberals--who always promise to move to Canada if things don't go their way politically, but never actually vamoose--actually skedaddle this time?

Both questions arise in light of a segment on his MSNBC show Sunday morning that Jonathan Capehart devoted to panicky Canadians freaking out over Donald Trump. His guest was Fiona Hill, a former Trump foreign-policy adviser turned Trump foe, who testified at his first impeachment.

Capehart rolled images from the Canadian newspaper, the Globe and Mail, which included this insane op-ed headline:

I want to show some other headlines, because that's not the only thing that the Globe and Mail has published expressing alarm about what's happening in America. There's one headline that says "If the next presidential election reveals the U.S. hurdling toward possible violence and autocracy, should Canada try to intervene?"

Hill further testified to Canada's Trump-hating freak out over American politics. She claimed that "Canadians are actually worried about refugees. Political refugees going across the border," should Trumpism triumph in 2024.

So will 2024 be the year when America—finally—bids adios to celebrities like Barbra Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, Cher, Amy Schumer, and Lena Dunham, who all made noises about fleeing to the Great White North if Trump won in 2016? Don't forget your faux beaver fur hats!

Source

This would be laughable if it weren't for their possessing WMD -- namely The PIN™
      Addressing your thread title, why would it?

However, from the link I used in my own thread, Dr Homer Dixon [a Canadian] comments on some of the possibilities that might ensue from a Trump or Trump-esque future presidency. https://homerdixon.com/states-of-emergency/

Under the less-optimistic scenarios, the risks to our country in their cumulative effect could easily be existential, far greater than any in our federation’s history. What happens, for instance, if high-profile political refugees fleeing persecution arrive in our country, and the U.S. regime demands them back. Do we comply?

He continues by providing the remarks of the recent recipient of the Nobel Prize for Peace, Dmitry Muratov, a Russian journalist who remains one of the few independent voices opposing Putin

At a news conference after the awards ceremony in Oslo, as Russian troops and armour were massing on Ukraine’s borders, Mr. Muratov spoke of the iron link between authoritarianism and war. “Disbelief in democracy means that the countries that have abandoned it will get a dictator,” he said. “And where there is a dictatorship, there is a war. If we refuse democracy, we agree to war.”

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Apparently the Canuckistanis were planning an invasion earlier

On a historical note, the Canuckistanis didn't do crap during the War of 1812.
        They called their "big brother" England to do it all for them.
        We weren’t a country until 1867. Until then we were British North America. In 1867 the colonies of NS, NB, and the Province of Canada formed the Dominion of Canada. So we didn’t have any of our own forces yet to fight in 1812. All the troops in the French-English battles going on were, well, British.

If you don’t know much about Canadian Confederation, check this out.

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia..../confederation

We aren’t capable of attacking the US, now. Nor were we ever, as the Dominion of Canada, without British forces.

However, we did enter other battles, notably WW 1 and WW 2, long before the Americans bothered to join in.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Addressing your thread title, why would it?

However, from the link I used in my own thread
          If you have no interest in addressing the OP then you can return to your own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

We weren’t a country until 1867. Until then we were British North America. In 1867 the colonies of NS, NB, and the Province of Canada formed the Dominion of Canada. So we didn’t have any of our own forces yet to fight in 1812. All the troops in the French-English battles going on were, well, British.

We aren’t capable of attacking the US, now. Nor were we ever, as the Dominion of Canada, without British forces.

However, we did enter other battles, notably WW 1 and WW 2, long before the Americans bothered to join in.
            My point was addressed to various Canuckistanis who boast of burning Washington D.C. during the war. That was your big brother.

Comment

My point was addressed to various Canuckistanis who boast of burning Washington D.C. during the war. That was your big brother.
              I’ve joked about that, but never taken credit for it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Source

Lol yes, Hypatia was trying to hype up this idea with the goofy thread she posted and promptly derailed. No doubt she'll try the same here.

Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-10-2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I’ve joked about that, but never taken credit for it.

Indeed. If you had gone to D.C. it woulda been PINNED not burned.

Interesting side note, apparently the city was engulfed in fire and would have been completely destroyed if not for a freak storm that appeared and helped put out the fires. Some think it might have been a mild hurricane.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                    Lol yes, Hypatia was trying to hype up this idea with the goodlfy thread she posted and promptly derailed. No doubt she'll try the same here.

I haven't even looked at her thread at this point.

Comment

If you have no interest in addressing the OP then you can return to your own thread.
                      The comments I cited from the link in my thread pertains to some of the remarks in your OP.

However, I see no reason why Canada should consider invading the USA. Nor, given its membership of the Commonwealth, I am uncertain if it could unilaterally do so anyway.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I can agree with that.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

The comments I cited from the link in my thread pertains to some of the remarks in your OP.

However, I see no reason why Canada should consider invading the USA. Nor, given its membership of the Commonwealth, I am uncertain if it could unilaterally do so anyway.
                          "pertain"... "comments ... pertain"

And I believe the Canadians SHOULD invade the US --- we need waitstaff in our restaurants. The service has been lousy lately!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And I believe the Canadians SHOULD invade the US --- we need waitstaff in our restaurants. The service has been lousy lately!
                            And being so polite you won't have to worry about getting a surly server.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Don’t forget I’m in Canadia.

Comment