Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Tea-Leaves are strong with this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tea-Leaves are strong with this one

Sen Marco Rubio Tweets:

Source: https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1479205044012691461

The upscale liberals who control the media and Democrat party believe Jan 6th was another Pearl Harbor or 9/11 And the rest of America, including many Democrats, think they are nuts

© Copyright Original Source

What's the obvious take?

Sen. Rubio Slammed For Anti-Semitic Dog Whistle In Bashing 'Upscale Liberal' Media -Huffpost

Between the ultra left and ultra right, America is at risk of being torn in two. If I was eager to see America destroyed, I'd be financing and fuelling both camps.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
      Sen Marco Rubio Tweets:

The upscale liberals who control the media and Democrat party believe Jan 6th was another Pearl Harbor or 9/11 And the rest of America, including many Democrats, think they are nuts

What's the obvious take?

Sen. Rubio Slammed For Anti-Semitic Dog Whistle In Bashing 'Upscale Liberal' Media -Huffpost
      Back when Clinton was president and yet another major scandal was erupting our local paper chose to bury it deep inside the paper with the headline "GOP attacks Clinton"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sen Marco Rubio Tweets:

What's the obvious take?

Dems are classic experts at projecting. "Dog whistle" = Dems projecting their own racist views about Jews. Sometimes it's subtle, but most times is overt like this instance.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Dems are classic experts at projecting. "Dog whistle" = Dems projecting their own racist views about Jews. Sometimes it's subtle, but most times is overt like this instance.
          Yup. Amazing how progressives can play a race card in the most peculiar places. So, calling out the obviously elitist MSM is now a racist dog whistle? Pretty soon, negative movie reviews will also be anti Semitic because ... well .... we all know who controls Hollywood.

(tweet tweet) dog.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

By definition a "dog whistle" is something that the average person can't detect. It's a secret coded message that only fellow travelers understand.

So when a leftist talks about, say a "racist dog whistle," what he is saying is that he is a racist since only a racist can detect it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              By definition a "dog whistle" is something that the average person can't detect. It's a secret coded message that only fellow travelers understand.

So when a leftist talks about, say a "racist dog whistle," what he is saying is that he is a racist since only a racist can detect it.
              I think the first time I really noticed something like this was when Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was released, and liberals were wringing their hands about how racist the character of Jar Jar Binks was. For those unfamiliar with Jar Jar, this is what he looks like:

jar_jar_binks.jpg

But to liberals, this is an offensive black caricature because Jar Jar is clumsy and stupid and has an unusual dialect, so of course he's a black stereotype, because who else other than blacks are clumsy, stupid, and speak with unusual dialects, am I right?

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I think the first time I really noticed something like this was when Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was released, and liberals were wringing their hands about how racist the character of Jar Jar Binks was. For those unfamiliar with Jar Jar, this is what he looks like:

jar_jar_binks.jpg

But to liberals, this is an offensive black caricature because Jar Jar is clumsy and stupid and has an unusual dialect, so of course he's a black stereotype, because who else other than blacks are clumsy, stupid, and speak with unusual dialects, am I right?

When you asked someone just how Jar Jar was racist the usual response was that he was a stereotype, which as you noted brings up asking if they normally associate those traits with blacks.

Either an angry response or a long convoluted explanation typically followed

Comment

When you asked someone just how Jar Jar was racist the usual response was that he was a stereotype, which as you noted brings up asking if they normally associate those traits with blacks.

To me, he seemed child like. Then came the revelation of the culture he was associated with - so he was in an unfamiliar culture and speaking a barely known language - just a fish out of water.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

To me, he seemed child like. Then came the revelation of the culture he was associated with - so he was in an unfamiliar culture and speaking a barely known language - just a fish out of water.
                    To me he was just an annoying, clumsy sidekick there only for comic relief. Not even a week later the complaint from some quarters was he was a racist stereotype was circulating.

Comment

Either an angry response or a long convoluted explanation typically followed
                      I would say that however Jar Jar came out was not intentional.

However, it is entirely possible to take a deliberate sterotype and apply it directly to an imaginary non-human character. So, while I can agree that Jar Jar was overblown, the question you ask isn't always a great comeback.
                      Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 01-10-2022, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Sen Marco Rubio Tweets:

What's the obvious take?

How the heck do they get Anti-Semitism out of that tweet? More proof that the people who "hear" these supposed dog whistles are the real racists here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

How the heck do they get Anti-Semitism out of that tweet? More proof that the people who "hear" these supposed dog whistles are the real racists here.
                          Because there's a stereotype that "jews control the media" and obviously he HAD to be referencing that, and not the fact that a ton of the media has been skewing left for a long time, and went full-tilt partisan when trump was elected.

Comment

Because there's a stereotype that "jews control the media" and obviously he HAD to be referencing that, and not the fact that a ton of the media has been skewing left for a long time, and went full-tilt partisan when trump was elected.
                            It's the old adage that "the best defense is a good offence," and their number one play from that playbook is to scream "ism" (racism, sexism, anti-Semitism etc) in hopes it distracts attention away from what they are doing.

And with the rise of the Squad in the Democrat Party, anti-Semitism and throwing the Jews under the bus is being embraced more and more on the left.

Comment