Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harris says the "M" word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    ETA: I see you finally said "he was wrong" followed immediately by "but"
    Also, "He is wrong" is pretty light judgment because it makes it sound like he is merely mistaken.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave L View Post

He is no worse than churches that promote adultery.
      So does that mean you condemn his support of gay marriage? You already admitted condemning others in this thread for promoting adultery. Without a lick of evidence by the way. How do you know their church promotes adultery? Mine for example says that Christians should not divorce except in cases of sexual infidelity or physical abuse. Are they promoting adultery?
      Last edited by Sparko; 01-12-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave L View Post

He is wrong. But anyone who promotes divorce and remarriage is guilty of a sin of equal weight. (hint: most churches do).
        He is more than wrong. He was putting words into Jesus's mouth, claiming Jesus would support gay marriage. That is tantamount to adding to scripture and lying about God.

Comment

• This topic changes very abruptly (in the first few posts) from a simple post about Jimmy Carter to an argument about God and free will. I know there's been derails in plenty of threads, but it's so abrupt and no one makes any statement about it (at least in the first few pages) as is normal when a shift occurs that abruptly and that early. Is there some kind of context to this topic I'm missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            This topic changes very abruptly (in the first few posts) from a simple post about Jimmy Carter to an argument about God and free will. I know there's been derails in plenty of threads, but it's so abrupt and no one makes any statement about it (at least in the first few pages) as is normal when a shift occurs that abruptly and that early. Is there some kind of context to this topic I'm missing?
            Dave L has done this to several threads. This one started back on track and he derailed it again.

I've asked for this second derail to be split. smiley waiting-impatient.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Moderated By: Bill the Cat

Derail moved to Biblical Ethics

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Moderated By: Bill the Cat

Derail moved to Biblical Ethics

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

celebrate.gif
                Thanks

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Here's what you do, Dave...
                  You make WILD assumptions
                  You paint with a REALLY broad brush
                  Then you utter forth judgment and condemnation.

If that's not a Pharisee, what is?
                  I recently reached the same conclusion about him. I think it's time for me to stop interacting with him.
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment